Grow room build round three: Full environment control and no compromises

The Panama version is really potent too. It's hard to differentiate between 24 and 29%. The Panama had more than double the terpenes than the Killer. It's not weak by any means just a different high.

Oh wow double the terps is nice :drool: I have one cut already in soil of it and another couple that weren’t quite ready to plant yet but should be by tonight. Hopefully I got a good one if not I still have another seed in the fridge :slide:

:meditate::meditate::meditate:

Couple pics with the lights off flash on to try and capture the real color.

Highbrix guys what do you think they need more of or less of if anything?

Thanks everyone and have a great holiday to those in the states :passitleft:

My instinct would be to concentrate on Energy and DeStress. I see purple petioles and faded leaf edges. So I'd try to get micronutes into the leaves, and jack up soil energy.

And I'm often wrong, so... caveat emptor, free advice being worth what you paid, etc.

:Namaste:

My instinct would be to concentrate on Energy and DeStress. I see purple petioles and faded leaf edges. So I'd try to get micronutes into the leaves, and jack up soil energy.

And I'm often wrong, so... caveat emptor, free advice being worth what you paid, etc.

Thanks GT

I had the same thoughts on them needing more energy. I tend to forget about de stress spray so thanks for the reminder I’ll give them a spray now the lights just came on. I haven’t actually gave them any in at least a month think not using it regularly is the prob or part of it?

What’s your typical spray schedule look like one of each a week roughly or?

Thanks again :passitleft:

I really don't use a schedule anymore - just instinct and watching what works and what doesn't.

DeStress is designed to be a soil booster, by altering root exudates, as well as a direct foliar feed. Spraying too often can over-ramp activity. In 2nd and 3rd run soil, it's not as necessary as 1st run. So I hit 'em a couple times and see how they react. I spray Brix whenever they're looking especially nice.

I agree about the color, I'd up the feedings a little. Destress couldn't hurt. As far as my spraying schedule, I'm bad. I don't spray nearly as often as I should. I'd say a 10 week strain gets about 3 brix treatments. Ever since I had a bout of powdery mildew I've backed off on the frequency. The plants I'm running now are breaking branches so I'm not to eager to ramp them up anymore and they are in 3rd run soil. I can never seem to keep petioles green in flower either. I think the lights have something to do with that too. I do get green petioles on parts of the plants that aren't in the hot zone of the lights. The hidden petioles are always green but the older bigger fans are always purple on the top of the petiole and green on the bottom.

Thanks guys! I guess it has less to do with sprays and more to do with drenches cause both of you crack out amazing looking plants over and over.

I think the real problem with this batch was the uppot into poorly cooked soil. They looked horrible and weren’t fully recovered when I flipped them but I was worried if I waited any longer they would get out of control. Now I’m playing catch-up with them at the time of the highest growth rate.

I gave them between 1.5 and 2ml of energy per gal of soil last night and they had just got 1ml per gal about three days before so hopefully it helps.

I have read that the purple petioles can be caused by a mag deficiency also. I haven’t had a hb grow yet that didn’t have at least a mild mg def so maybe that’s at least part of the cause of that. TBH I didn’t even realize it wasn’t normal until I read GTs comment since every plant I have grown as far as I can remember was like that :rofl: I have been adding about .5tsp of epson salt to each gallon of water roughly every other watering so far for this round to try and help with that before it turned into a real problem. I’m pretty sure the RO filter I have is stripping so much out of the water that my mg def is usually even worse than most people get.

Thanks for the help guys it’s been a while and I never felt like I had a feeding schedule I was in love with even back when I was growing all the time :morenutes:

Happy 4th! :passitleft:

Also I know this was the first pictures of this batch that really showed the true color but if y’all ever think I should be doing something different please tell me. I promise my ego won’t get hurt, I have no problems learning from those that know more than I do about something :nomo:

I can never seem to keep petioles green in flower either. I think the lights have something to do with that too. I do get green petioles on parts of the plants that aren't in the hot zone of the lights. The hidden petioles are always green but the older bigger fans are always purple on the top of the petiole and green on the bottom.

Interesting I’ll have to look and see if mine are the same. Running LED does seem to do some weird things to them. I remember reading a lot of claims of people saying they need to run more mg with their LED compared to HPS. Back when LEDs were new.

I never felt like I had a feeding schedule I was in love with even back when I was growing all the time :morenutes:

It'd sure help if the plants all grew the same ... but noooo ... :straightface:

You figure out a good method, and then ... a persnickety little snit decides it's gotta be all different for her own special majesty.

Some brilliant Ag tech whiz needs to design a microchip that can read soil minerals, like the ones that do instant blood tests. Stick a probe into the soil and get a reading, yeah? I could sell a ton o' those puppies. :slide:

:bongrip:

I'd sure help if the plants all grew the same ... but noooo ... :straightface:

You figure out a good method, and then ... a persnickety little snit decides it's gotta be all different for her own special majesty.

Some brilliant Ag tech whiz needs to design a microchip that can read soil minerals, like the ones that do instant blood tests. Stick a probe into the soil and get a reading, yeah? I could sell a ton o' those puppies. :slide:

:bongrip:

Ain’t that the truth!

:passitleft:

I'm in Nv and have a pretty serious med need. The law says if you need a strain that's not available in the dispensaries they can approve you to grow.
Just came across your thread Smokey. This is the same way I got around it too! Didn't think many people bothered to read that into it either, so its nice to see I'm not the only one.

Just came across your thread Smokey. This is the same way I got around it too! Didn't think many people bothered to read that into it either, so its nice to see I'm not the only one.

Awesome nice to have another desert grower here. Some documents are worth reading all the way through. This was definitely one of them :high-five:

:passitleft:

I harvested the Jack herer two weeks ago and it’s pretty strong. Definitely makes falling asleep not a problem unless that is you don’t really want to fall asleep in that case good luck :laugh: I’m gonna harvest the next one a week sooner which will probably helps with the sleepies. I will be harvesting the Malawi x pck probably tonight and the a5x Panama which smells amazing and fruity! I need to get a new batch of soil cooking this weekend too Hopefully it turns out better than the last Bach. I’m gonna cook it as a single batch instead of cutting it into two bins this time and keep it in the garage instead of the grow room if it’s Not to hot. What’s the high end of the temp range we can cook in?

The cherry queen has some nice thick colas forming and looks like jt maybe a keeper although I never kept a clone from it I might try and take a few bottoms branches to reveg clone.
AC7F5208-1341-47B7-9277-CB7176CF73E4.jpeg

Here’s a shot of a dried nug of the Jack. It’s quite strong
26B40DB2-569A-4B39-863D-324E32CB8266.jpeg

Have a great holiday / weekend everyone :passitleft:

Hey, good to see ya back. The plants look amazing. I love that A5 x Panama and so has everybody else. I think you'll really like it. Any cherry smells from the cherry queen?

It’s still a little early but it does seem to have a sweet, maybe cherry like smell. I’m really bad at identifying most fruity smells unless they are the ridiculous almost candy like smell like docs grape stomper if I remember correctly.

Thanks guys!

I have been having a hard time keeping the a5 x Panama happy. Do yours eat a lot or do the need barely anything. I’m pretty sure mine is a heavy eater but I still have a hard time telling if they are over or under fed sometimes.

Thanks guys!

I have been having a hard time keeping the a5 x Panama happy. Do yours eat a lot or do the need barely anything. I’m pretty sure mine is a heavy eater but I still have a hard time telling if they are over or under fed sometimes.
It's a normal to heavy feeder. I fed 1.5-2 ml per gallon of soil and I'll go up a little on the clone.

Back
Top Bottom