Grow room build round three: Full environment control and no compromises

Just a word of advice, if the ac is blowing on the dehumidifier it will not work very well.

Take it for what it is.
Thanks for the advice!

This is how it ended up once I hooked it up. I’m not really in love with the location but it seems to be working ok but maybe it could work better I have no way of knowing. I was more worried about it blowing heat on the ac and messing up its thermostat but the controller is keeping everything right where I tell it to :yahoo:

I don’t have a sink hookup that’s the one thing I still want to do one of these days. There is water in the wall of the room but I might do it right outside the room since space inside is tight unless I ditch the third tent. I do have my water filter right outside the room already but the waste water currently runs into a 5 gal bucket I have to take out and dump all the time. Once I get a couple harvests I can probably trade a plumber I know some bud to put one in for me so I have been holding off on that project :passitleft:

Thanks for the advice!

This is how it ended up once I hooked it up. I’m not really in love with the location but it seems to be working ok but maybe it could work better I have no way of knowing. I was more worried about it blowing heat on the ac and messing up its thermostat but the controller is keeping everything right where I tell it to :yahoo:

I don’t have a sink hookup that’s the one thing I still want to do one of these days. There is water in the wall of the room but I might do it right outside the room since space inside is tight unless I ditch the third tent. I do have my water filter right outside the room already but the waste water currently runs into a 5 gal bucket I have to take out and dump all the time. Once I get a couple harvests I can probably trade a plumber I know some bud to put one in for me so I have been holding off on that project :passitleft:

I bought one of those laundry sinks and ran the flexable 3/4in rubber house out a wall to outside works great. I was hauling 14 gallons of water a day in and always pushing the time untill i emptied my buckets. Water on the floor many times until i put the sink in. Now it all drains out on its own, was in the top 5 upgrades i did.

I bought one of those laundry sinks and ran the flexable 3/4in rubber house out a wall to outside works great. I was hauling 14 gallons of water a day in and always pushing the time untill i emptied my buckets. Water on the floor many times until i put the sink in. Now it all drains out on its own, was in the top 5 upgrades i did.

That’s pretty much what I was planning on doing. I might put it beside my hot water heater it would be the easiest place to set it up. My old place I had to filter the water in the garage and then lug it up the stairs to a bedroom on the second floor in five gallon buckets which was a nightmare so it’s already an improvement but a sink and drain will be much much better :passitleft:

I've forgotten Smokey - how many watts per board are you running? Those are the 304s?

How many watts/sqft? I'm finding that it doesn't take as much as I estimated. 40 watts/sqft is pretty intense.

Your setup has a definite elegance to it - beautiful!

I've forgotten Smokey - how many watts per board are you running? Those are the 304s?

How many watts/sqft? I'm finding that it doesn't take as much as I estimated. 40 watts/sqft is pretty intense.

It’s just under 500 real watts total.

:thanks:

This is my lighting setup in the flower tent currently

P300 180w, once I turn it on
P600 345w
HLG 480w

I figure in my 5x5 once I take out the couple sqft the fans take up I have no more than 23 sqft of growing space which puts me at 35w per sqft currently and once I turn the other light on it will be around 43w, 40 on the dot if you count the entire tent :slide:

They're growing pretty fast I might have to up my :morenutes: to keep up with them.

Currently I run them at 84 degrees, 60rh, 1500ppm co2 and between 800-1050 par across the canopy for daytime which I i'm about to push up to 1000 - 1200. For night time it drops to 70 degrees, 50rh, 400ppm co2 currently. Once there's some buds to worry about I might drop the rh down a bit more. I really love being able to set it to what ever I want and not worry that its not gonna stay that way:yahoo:

Couple pics

Topped and flipped the purple haze x malawi into a 5gal softie, I thought they I had three's but I thought wrong, it only has probably 3 gal of soil in it though cause thats all I had.

Six days ago

Taken tonight.

Have a good night all Im about to smoke some of this cob stuff I have been hearing so much about for the first time :drool::ganjamon:

WOW! this rooms epic!
I’ll absorb this and maybe have a real comment eventually
:jawdropper:

Thanks and welcome :passitleft:

Haven’t done to much to the room since the last update other than raise the new light a bit a couple of the tops we’re getting ~1600umols :oops: Just added the recharge to the flowering plants tonight it’s been just over two weeks since flip hopefully they stop stretching now...

And the cherry queens

Cool thanks for the update... this is a dream build, I can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t like a set up like this one. Amazing.
Plants look good too lol...
What are the cherry queens? I have some cherry bomb on order from Bomb seeds, I’m excited to get them in soil.

:thanks:

After putting a few of these together you start to learn what works what doesn’t and what works but is a pita. My main goal other than being able to provide an ideal environment for them was to keep it as maintenance free as possible. I didn’t want to have to worry that my params were messed up all over again because the temp changes ten degrees outside or something like I had to with the last room and so far so good :yahoo:

The cherry queen was listed on ace’s website as one of the strains available from their new partner breeders but it disappeared right after I ordered it on the site so there’s no way to link the info for it unless they bring it back. The pictures looked like giant donkey d colas that were pretty much the entire plant though so hopefully I can find a keeper out of the pack.

Yep lol I’d imagine so, glad this newest build has been working out well so far, I’m just finishing up my first ever grow, this site has been a super valuable resource for me so far. I have no room built or anything just 2 tents in my basement and a table between them with water hookup. Then 2 other work tables a chair and couch and few creature comforts lol. I’ve struggled and am still with humidity, running 3 little humidifiers 24/7 but I’m super happy with my first plants so I can’t complain. I have 1/2 of my basement as an area to work in 16x22 is the space I’m occupying now, maybe one day it will get built out proper.
Cool nothing wrong with donkey D colas :rofl:
While I’m happy to found this grow, I’ll def be hanging out and look forward to learning some stuff here, you’ve good some good knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom