Grow room build round three: Full environment control and no compromises

OK, all caught up Smokey. I have to say, you are stylin , as they say....Your enviro control system is amazing ...and being able to remotely , have a look and adjust if needed....just so cool. Makes my lil room and stuff seem so outdated , and well, just not good enough. Glad to hear you have an A5 X Panama too ...Just topped my two a bit ago..goin in the big pots this weekend . Cheers eh..:passitleft:

Now that right there is super cool, being able to see on a graph the changes due to moving a dehuy over a couple feet. So so interesting

Yep I’m really quite curious of what the end result taste will be, I also remember the piney tasting buds from my youth and would be a nice treat to have it finish up with a tad of pine taste.

Yeah I’ll prob start a journal soon... been waiting on my Candida’s to arrive.
Below is my veg tent, in the tray is Jack Herer and blue cookie cuttings, solo is a blue cookie seed I plan to keep bonsai style as a mother, above that is a Jack Herer clone taken 3 weeks into flower, looks ugly but is starting to put out 5 finger leaves now, right of that is a blueberry, then the 2 below in the 1g pots with red tape are the 2 Crown Royale’s
8DE8621E-8242-4838-9472-2BECF9AEA3C6.jpeg

Thats a fantastic lineup I LOVE me some good Jack Herer and a good Cookie Strain! :ganjamon: I have never tried a blue cookie cross I assume its blueberry x with a cookie strain? The blue strains as much as I love blueberry flavored bud makes my nerve pain freak out every time I smoke it so I have learned to stay away from them altogether unfortunately.

Your plants look great man awesome job! I used to make bonsai trees for a flower shop to sell I worked at while I was in high school and they gave me half the profit from them. We would get up to a couple hundred bucks for a couple dollar tree that was pruned down, shaped and put in maybe a 20 dollar container :rofl: I might have to try it on one now that I have enough light in my veg tent to pull it off.

My old setup didn't have enough light to keep my mom plants stretch under control and they were always a pita. I usually started a fresh one to keep from the new batch of clones. Its really fun to flower a plant you have kept vegging for a long time as a mom btw. My first ever real grow was with Fox Farms Ocean soil I think it was with the full advanced nutes lineup and a 1k watt mh/hps in a 2x4 cabinet :rofl:. I kept them vegging for probably 4 or 5 months and just kept topping and pruning them back waiting for for them to show sex so i could take clones to keep from the females and then flip until I finally went to a friends house to lookup what was going on (back then I still had to be sneaky...) and found out I needed to flip them to find out. Anyway I ended up with at least 20 colas all the size of my arm. Some of them grew right into the glass of the cool tube, the tops of the ones touching the lights were all bleached out by harvest time. It was a pretty epic harvest from such a small space I think i pulled around 1.5 pounds from it. After that I moved the big light into a 4x4 space I hadn't finished setting up yet for the first grow and used the 2x4 cabinet as my veg / mom room so I have never repeated a grow with colas like that and Im kinda hoping with all this light and c02 I might finally be able to get close but 1k watts in a 2x4 cabinet is pretty nuts so I might not have enough light to replicate it still :laugh:

I took some clones of the "mystery plant" about 2.5 weeks into flower incase its a keeper so mine will be re-vegging and goofy looking for a bit too. The batch of weed I "think" I got the seed from was called Face on Fire OG and had 30% thc and crazy high terp levels. If it wasn't that it was purple trainwreck which was also around 30% and had a great terp profile and flavor. I have also re-vegged plants after harvesting them but it can take a couple months for them to straighten out and it's riskier than keeping a clone.

:passitleft:

OK, all caught up Smokey. I have to say, you are stylin , as they say....Your enviro control system is amazing ...and being able to remotely , have a look and adjust if needed....just so cool. Makes my lil room and stuff seem so outdated , and well, just not good enough. Glad to hear you have an A5 X Panama too ...Just topped my two a bit ago..goin in the big pots this weekend . Cheers eh..:passitleft:

Thanks Duggs. It's not often to get full spousal support for a project like this without any bitching about the budget so I took advantage of it before she changed her mind :laugh:

Yeah im super excited for the A5 x Panama. I have some A5 x Malawi here and its absolutely killer and I always preferred pure Panama over pure Malawi so i'm super excited to try it. I really like the fruity flavored hazes and the panama might add some fruit to it. It's a nice bonus I can watch you grow it a bit ahead of me...

"When the student is ready the master will appear" :adore:

I gotta say it is really nice being able to only go in the room when I need to water things. It's barely using any c02 since it can't really escape the room. I wen't pretty crazy with the spray foam and silicone when we built it too so it's sealed sealed :laugh: The last thing I want to get hooked up to the controller at some point is an automatic watering system at least for the flowering plants at a min. Not for all the time that probably wouldn't be good for them but for a random night when they need watered but i'm in a bunch of pain and don't feel like doing it or am going away for a few days or a week for work or vacation kinda thing. When we came back from Jamaica all my plants were basically dead even though I had someone supposedly coming to water them while we were gone which really sucks when you spent a couple years finding keeper genetics... :( Luckily the best one got passed around and it can come home soon :circle-of-love:

When we came back from Jamaica all my plants were basically dead even though I had someone supposedly coming to water them while we were gone which really sucks when you spent a couple years finding keeper genetics... :( Luckily the best one got passed around and it can come home soon :circle-of-love:
Anytime you're ready just let me know. I'll be cloning again here soon.

Thats a fantastic lineup I LOVE me some good Jack Herer and a good Cookie Strain! :ganjamon: I have never tried a blue cookie cross I assume its blueberry x with a cookie strain? The blue strains as much as I love blueberry flavored bud makes my nerve pain freak out every time I smoke it so I have learned to stay away from them altogether unfortunately.

Your plants look great man awesome job! I used to make bonsai trees for a flower shop to sell I worked at while I was in high school and they gave me half the profit from them. We would get up to a couple hundred bucks for a couple dollar tree that was pruned down, shaped and put in maybe a 20 dollar container :rofl: I might have to try it on one now that I have enough light in my veg tent to pull it off.

My old setup didn't have enough light to keep my mom plants stretch under control and they were always a pita. I usually started a fresh one to keep from the new batch of clones. Its really fun to flower a plant you have kept vegging for a long time as a mom btw. My first ever real grow was with Fox Farms Ocean soil I think it was with the full advanced nutes lineup and a 1k watt mh/hps in a 2x4 cabinet :rofl:. I kept them vegging for probably 4 or 5 months and just kept topping and pruning them back waiting for for them to show sex so i could take clones to keep from the females and then flip until I finally went to a friends house to lookup what was going on (back then I still had to be sneaky...) and found out I needed to flip them to find out. Anyway I ended up with at least 20 colas all the size of my arm. Some of them grew right into the glass of the cool tube, the tops of the ones touching the lights were all bleached out by harvest time. It was a pretty epic harvest from such a small space I think i pulled around 1.5 pounds from it. After that I moved the big light into a 4x4 space I hadn't finished setting up yet for the first grow and used the 2x4 cabinet as my veg / mom room so I have never repeated a grow with colas like that and Im kinda hoping with all this light and c02 I might finally be able to get close but 1k watts in a 2x4 cabinet is pretty nuts so I might not have enough light to replicate it still :laugh:

I took some clones of the "mystery plant" about 2.5 weeks into flower incase its a keeper so mine will be re-vegging and goofy looking for a bit too. The batch of weed I "think" I got the seed from was called Face on Fire OG and had 30% thc and crazy high terp levels. If it wasn't that it was purple trainwreck which was also around 30% and had a great terp profile and flavor. I have also re-vegged plants after harvesting them but it can take a couple months for them to straighten out and it's riskier than keeping a clone.

:passitleft:

Thanks man, Jack Herer will hopefully always be in my tent, got to make that clone work as I don’t have another seed, the blue cookies is indeed Girl Scout cookies and blueberry. Yum yum, To bad it bugs your nerves, lots of other fruity profiles out there though thankfully.
The Candida’s arrived last night along with most my other seeds, couple are on backorder, which is okay as they weren’t gonna be first anyways.
That’s some good profit LOL, I once bought a couple hundred dollar bonsai from a Chinese market, I killed it with in 3 months and was quite sad about it, always wanted another, so I guess a pot plant one will suffice.
My veg lights seem to do okay, there just cheap Chinese ones but there’s 18, 50w chips so it’s decent but doesn’t compare to the hlg in the flower tent.
That’s crazy sounds like a huge plant for such a tiny space. Yeah was a late decision InTheShed said can cut clones that late which I didn’t know you could, so cut 3 and 1 lived... still learning to clone, I’ve only had 4 of prob 10 take off so far, but understanding the process more now.
Face on fire og is an interesting name, I feel like it would have a spicy profile. Had some lambs breath shatter recently and was really “spicy” never had shatter with that taste before was different.

Thanks man, Jack Herer will hopefully always be in my tent, got to make that clone work as I don’t have another seed, the blue cookies is indeed Girl Scout cookies and blueberry. Yum yum, To bad it bugs your nerves, lots of other fruity profiles out there though thankfully.
The Candida’s arrived last night along with most my other seeds, couple are on backorder, which is okay as they weren’t gonna be first anyways.
That’s some good profit LOL, I once bought a couple hundred dollar bonsai from a Chinese market, I killed it with in 3 months and was quite sad about it, always wanted another, so I guess a pot plant one will suffice.
My veg lights seem to do okay, there just cheap Chinese ones but there’s 18, 50w chips so it’s decent but doesn’t compare to the hlg in the flower tent.
That’s crazy sounds like a huge plant for such a tiny space. Yeah was a late decision InTheShed said can cut clones that late which I didn’t know you could, so cut 3 and 1 lived... still learning to clone, I’ve only had 4 of prob 10 take off so far, but understanding the process more now.
Face on fire og is an interesting name, I feel like it would have a spicy profile. Had some lambs breath shatter recently and was really “spicy” never had shatter with that taste before was different.

The flavor was pretty traditional og Kush. I think the name came from the warm feeling you get all over esp in your face when it first hits you :lot-o-toke:

I just put the first clone in a cup tonight so I’ll probably throw the rest away but it was the only cut rooted enough to plant so far out of the four.

Duggan gave me a heads up that y’all found out letting the soil eat to many plants while cooking is no good. Just throwing it out there so no one sees my pictures and repeats it. Thanks Duggan!

So what else have y’all figured out in my absence that no ones told me yet? :laugh:

So what else have y’all figured out in my absence that no ones told me yet? :laugh:

I'm not sure when you disappeared but you do know that Transplant and Growth were reformulated around the time you stopped growing. If you have new Transplant and Growth you're good. Those formulas really help with the new strains and their high Mg demands. There is also a Snake oil which replaced the Way Ahead.

Thanks guys I got new kits when I started back up but I used old soil from a couple years ago for the first batch because I didn’t have a warm spot to cook new soil before. I can tell they haven’t been as healthy as they really should be and I’m pretty sure that’s why. Anyway I got a full kit of fresh new cooked up soil now I’m ready to crank out some monsters :high-five::morenutes:

Busy night in the garden tonight.

First three plants got first cat drench.

Uppotted and flipped one of the cherry queens.

Top dressed the purple Malawi with the new soil since it was a couple gallons short.

Brixed everything big enough to get it.

Moved the Face in fire to the back under the big platinum it was getting to close to the hlg.

Turned on the other platinum light in the flower tent for the cherry queen that got flipped.

Took a few cuts from the Malawi x pck that’s been in the veg tent. Then Pruned her down, pruned the roots and gave it some fresh soil to work with. She was a bit root bound...

Some pictures
Malawi x pck

The cherry queen

New arrangement the cherry queen is on the left the purple haze is front right face in fire is back right and the other two are Malawi x pck

Have a great weekend everyone:passitleft:

Nice roots! :adore::bravo:

:thanks:
The cherry queens look like they’re some good genetics. I just looked again and they’re still not back on the Ace’s site yet, last time I ordered something and it was gone off their site by the time I got them Bubba was born :meditate:

Back
Top Bottom