Grow room build round three: Full environment control and no compromises

Was just talking to him and asked him if he tried it yet.

"I did I couldn't go to bed lol"

"I was high as shit from just one hit"

"I got 31 kills in COD!!!"

was the response lol. Im glad he listened to my warning and didn't just blaze it down before knowing what hit him. He has zero tolerance and barely ever smokes so he probably would of been calling me up like wtf is happening to me ahhhhhh lol :passitleft:

LMAO! I'm glad he had a good experience. It's probably the 1st true sativa he's had.

Hey SMokey - coming along super well by the looks!

Whaaaat? :thumb: what a score

Yeah I was very excited, we thought they were all filled up but "open" literally meant open even though there was a physical breaker in the spot nothing was connected to it. We're using up the last two open spots between the AC and the circuit my main panel is now officially maxed out...

LMAO! I'm glad he had a good experience. It's probably the 1st true sativa he's had.

They were over today and I got to talk to him more. He said it was the first time he has smoked and not felt all anxious and cracked out, he was "just high" and had a great time :high-five:

Got a bit more work done today, a good chunk of the rest of the drywall went up and they roughed in the lineset for the AC and got the inside unit partially mounted and the garage door rails cut down. Weather permitting they're coming back tomorrow to finish the ac coolant and evap lines hooked up and hopefully get the door hung and drywall finished. Hoping to be able to have the electrician come back thursday to finish up the electrical so we can hopefully get the AC fired up by the weekend. At least thats my goal, it seems like the more we get done the more I realize still needs done but we're getting there... :surf: It's definitely a bigger job than I originally imagined but its going to be well worth it in the end. :yahoo: Just re-read this paragraph and wow thats a lot of hopefully's, hopefully nothing goes wrong in the chain of hopefully's somewhere... :rofl:

I ordered a nice light meter tonight. After looking at the different lights it started annoying me that the only thing left I have no way to measure is how much light the plants are getting especially at the overlap areas where two or more lights are mixing together. I still haven't figured out how I want to arrange everything in the room yet it's a total of 10x11' and I currently have three tents a 2x4, a 4x4 and a 5x5 along with 4x platinum p300s and 1 platinum 600. I am thinking of setting up the 5x5 for my mom / veg tent and just using the room to flower in but I have also been thinking it might be nice to have a couple separate flower areas so I could do two different light schedules and have a indica dom and a sativa dom flower area. Since veg plants like higher RH than flowering plants do I have been thinking of running the humidifier right in the veg / mom tent which would limit the amount of water proof lights I would need to buy which would be nice I don't really want to replace the ones I already have if I don't have to Id rather just add to them if I can. Ok enough rambling for the night. A couple pictures of todays progress :passitleft:

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

Sounds like you're getting close. One suggestion if you haven't thought of it, take that drain line from the indoor head on your AC and run it down into a bucket or drum and reclaim that water, it's pure. The water from my AC and dehumidifier provide about 80% of my plant water. Winter is the only time I don't get enough water to keep up. I know it's dry there but you'll be running humidifiers so you might as well reclaim the water.

Sounds like you're getting close. One suggestion if you haven't thought of it, take that drain line from the indoor head on your AC and run it down into a bucket or drum and reclaim that water, it's pure. The water from my AC and dehumidifier provide about 80% of my plant water. Winter is the only time I don't get enough water to keep up. I know it's dry there but you'll be running humidifiers so you might as well reclaim the water.

Thanks will do I asked them about that and they thought the water might not be pure. I didn’t argue but the whole time I was thinking but it’s from condescension... :)

So still waiting to get this thing fired up. They have the mini split wired and the rest of the electrical work finished. They’re supposed to come back Friday and finish putting up the last couple pieces of drywall, put the door on and to vacuum the coolant into the ac lines and probably add a pound or two they said since we had to run almost 40’ if line. Getting soooooo close :passitleft:

My buddy building the room was asking how they were doing so I pulled one out to take a pic for him. Not to shabby for my rh situation, the mystery plants don't look quite as good but I think I have them sorted out at this point the best I can until they get in the room. Good news is he confirmed today they're coming to finish everything off tomorrow. Oh I decided to skip on the exhaust venting altogether after reading more. I should be able to keep all params happy without need an exhaust vent to do it which sounds like why most people running sealed rooms are still using them if they even are. If it seems like they need some fresh air I can always cut the holes in later easier than I can uncut them...

Thanks for riding along everyone I hope to have the plants moved in by the end of this weekend fo-realz this time.. :passitleft:

Ace Malawi x PCK

Thanks Ween!

Got the AC lines vacuumed to suck the coolant in from the unit, the drywall and the door installed yesterday. We have AC! Well actually at this point we have heat! :yahoo::high-five:

Pics from last night.

My dedicated 20Amp line :surf:

I got the corners of the walls and ceiling inside the room taped and mudded today and did some more sanding. Gonna try and finish sanding and painting the inside of the room the next two days, I have Monday off so I should be able to have the inside finished by then :passitleft:

Very good job on your build. Everything looks awesome.
When using co2 bottles, I make sure I clean the external bottle very well. I use bleach water to make sure there is no mold or pm on the bottle. Or leave the bottle outside of your room.
When you are exchanging your bottles, there is a chance that the new bottle was used in a kegerator or another indoor grow. If it was in another grow, you can bring contamination or pests into your clean environment.
Building a new grow room is so much fun! Good luck!

Looking really good bud! It is going to be epic when you get it up and running!

Thanks bud I’m quite excited and super happy with how it’s all turning out.

When using co2 bottles, I make sure I clean the external bottle very well. I use bleach water to make sure there is no mold or pm on the bottle. Or leave the bottle outside of your room.
When you are exchanging your bottles, there is a chance that the new bottle was used in a kegerator or another indoor grow. If it was in another grow, you can bring contamination or pests into your clean environment.

Thanks for the advice. I actually bought my own bottle I didn’t even know I could just go grab one and exchange them like that. I’ll make sure it gets wiped down before going back in the room after taking it to get filled. I’m kinda lucky in that a lot of the molds and pests most people have problems with don’t really survive in nature here it’s so dry not much can live outside so I have never had any problems with pests or mold but now that I will be running high rh I need to be more careful this time around...

Do you ever vent your room now that it’s co2 injected? I was originally going to vent it at lights off but decided to wait and see if it was really needed with co2 before cutting holes in the wall. I still haven’t found any definitive answers on if it’s really necessary if you can keep temp humidity and co2 correct without venting.

Thanks!
:passitleft:

Do you ever vent your room now that it’s co2 injected? I was originally going to vent it at lights off but decided to wait and see if it was really needed with co2 before cutting holes in the wall. I still haven’t found any definitive answers on if it’s really necessary if you can keep temp humidity and co2 correct without venting.

Thanks!
:passitleft:
I have not vented my 10x10 room. We are finishing a larger room, 23’x32’, and I am going to try a slow dim of our lights. Kind of like the sun setting. We are hoping that our dehumidifiers will be able to remove the moisture. If there is a big humidity spike, at lights out, I will install fans to exhaust the room.
I really don’t want to have to go that route. I like the idea of a totally sealed room and not sucking in any junk from the outside. I don’t want pests but my big concern are the farmers that spray 2-4-d or other weed killers. I can smell it floating around outside, when they spray.

I have not vented my 10x10 room. We are finishing a larger room, 23’x32’, and I am going to try a slow dim of our lights. Kind of like the sun setting. We are hoping that our dehumidifiers will be able to remove the moisture. If there is a big humidity spike, at lights out, I will install fans to exhaust the room.
I really don’t want to have to go that route. I like the idea of a totally sealed room and not sucking in any junk from the outside. I don’t want pests but my big concern are the farmers that spray 2-4-d or other weed killers. I can smell it floating around outside, when they spray.

Awesome thanks for the info this was the only part of the build I was unsure of. I was hoping it wasn't needed just to bring oxygen in for night time which I have since read that mj doesn't flip to breathing oxygen at night like some other plants do anyway. I hear you on wanting to keep the room sealed it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend all this money conditioning the air to perfection just to vent it all out once a day if its not necessary. At my house the intake air could be anywhere from 120 - 30 F and the rh rarely goes above 10%.

Goals right here. Awesome looking build man. Can't wait to see the finished product

Thanks! Great to have you here!

I think I decided on a layout. The scale in the drawing is a bit wonky but me and the wife just got done measuring everything and figuring out how to shoehorn everything in. Gonna be another busy weekend :passitleft:

Some progress, got the rest of the cabinets and garage door opener removed. Sealed around the door, got a humidifier and the Saturn 5 controller setup, roughed in the co2 tubing, got the 5x5 setup and the plants moved in. Next the 4x4 and a more permanent exhaust setup for the tents once the other ones in I’ll figure out how I want to run it. Some pics of the progress.

Thanks for tagging along all feels good to have them moved in :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom