Grow room build round three: Full environment control and no compromises

With the c02 pumping even the tops that are getting ~1500 or so umols are still perky, happy and not showing any signs of damage so far. I did re position the big fan last night to blow on the big light, it was getting pretty hot right around it and some of the tops are pretty close already.

While in thinking about the c02 my tank is still showing the same amount of pressure it showed over three weeks ago. I’m thinking it will only need refilled maybe once every three to six months or something instead of once a month like I was originally planning :high-five:
You may want to get an extra co2 tank, to have on hand when your other one runs out. I found one on Craigslist for 20 bucks and exchanged it for a full one.
Co2 tanks will show the same pressure until they run out. The best way to tell that it is getting low is to weigh it or do the pot lift method, like you do with watering.
Also, if you are running 20 pound tanks, most are used in a kegerator or another grow. Spray your new tank for bugs, Incase the last garden had mites because they will travel on the tanks.
I love your buildout! It is looking awesome.
I have a central heat and air and a mini split. I was having a hard time getting my mini split to work with my hydro-x controller. I added the rf controller that sinks the remote to your system. Then you do not need the remote.
I found it better to not sink in auto mode. I sinked the remote in heat mode from 62 degrees to 72 degrees. Then switched to cool mode and sinked 73-84 degrees. That way the mini split did not have conflicting temp settings like it was doing on auto.
Keep up the good work. I love learning from others

Nice update, looking lovely in that tent

:thanks:

:bravo: on all of it Smokey! The plants, the room, the tech :love: it all . Very inspirational.

:thanks:

Thanks Amy, Glad you dig it :cheer:

Ya Smokey,..you know it Amy.:high-five:..Smokey goes back a ways around here. Lookin proper bud!:passitleft:

Thanks Duggs, I was super happy to see that most of the old gang was still here and kicking ass as usual! There's quite the big list of awards attached to the members in here :cheer::thumb:

Hey smokey just had Amy send me over here cause she knows I love a good build. I get over here and find a great build. Wow am I jealous with what you are able to do with that system. Not a brix guy but if you don't mind I'll be watching from the back. Subbed in for sure. Nice job.

:thanks: and welcome :passitleft:

I hide my head in shame.

as you should... :rofl:

You may want to get an extra co2 tank, to have on hand when your other one runs out. I found one on Craigslist for 20 bucks and exchanged it for a full one.
Co2 tanks will show the same pressure until they run out. The best way to tell that it is getting low is to weigh it or do the pot lift method, like you do with watering.
Also, if you are running 20 pound tanks, most are used in a kegerator or another grow. Spray your new tank for bugs, Incase the last garden had mites because they will travel on the tanks.
I love your buildout! It is looking awesome.
I have a central heat and air and a mini split. I was having a hard time getting my mini split to work with my hydro-x controller. I added the rf controller that sinks the remote to your system. Then you do not need the remote.
I found it better to not sink in auto mode. I sinked the remote in heat mode from 62 degrees to 72 degrees. Then switched to cool mode and sinked 73-84 degrees. That way the mini split did not have conflicting temp settings like it was doing on auto.
Keep up the good work. I love learning from others

Yes I just figured out how fast the C02 drops when it starts dropping the last couple days actually it went from 4300 to 3700 the next day to 1000 today. Im gonna take the tanks to get them filled tomorrow, I already have two the place I went to get it filled the first time only had prefilled tanks available so I just bought one of those figuring I was going to want two so I could keep one filled on backup since im lazy and all and it can take me weeks to get around to go to a store. I have since found a closer place that will actually fill them so I should be all good. Will do on the cleaning the tanks. If the tank runs out i'll get a alerts on my phone that it can't maintain c02 so as long as I have the backup filled I can swap it out right away once it can't keep up anymore.

I am very interested in how you connected your minisplit to your controller. Now that I turned on the other light as small as it is the mini split not keeping the set temp when the amount of heat it needs to cool all of a sudden changes until it decides it really needs to work harder is driving me nuts. I was getting ready to call my buddy that got me the mini split and have him order me the wifi module for it so i can program it to drop a few degrees for a few hours while the lights first turn on or something. Or maybe if I get my other little flower tent setup like I want to and run it opposite schedule it might balance the temp swings out enough to not be a problem anymore. Anyway im starting to get off topic cause im smoking some of Neiko's killer bud and well yeah.. So if I got this right you hooked up something that puts out an RF signal that mimics the signal the normal remote for the mini split puts out an then you can control it with your normal controller? How does the device hookup to your controller? That would be freaking epic. I was thinking about setting up some macros on my pc that responds to the data coming from the controller cloud app that would then adjust the app on my mini split once I had the wifi but your method would be WAY better.

Our co2 tanks for fire suppression (32 tanks) are all on scales that have feedback to the machines control. Once half is gone the machines don't run until a new tank is put on. So just weigh it before filling it and make weekly to see how much is left in the tank.

Thanks for the info, I shouldn't need to bother I will get notified its not keeping up anymore and I can change it with my spare tank.

Why do the tanks get low are they being used to supply the room but with the idea you have to keep enough to also put out a fire with it? That would be really bad ass!

Thanks everyone!!!

Here’s a graph of the temp in the actual room itself, that’s where I have the other sensor currently. The ac was set to either 68 or 69 all day, I don’t remember exactly I have been having to fiddle with it but the temp climbed up to like 75 during the time of day that it’s the hottest and the sun shines on that part of the house. Really annoying they don’t just work at the temp you tell them too, it’s not a matter of not having enough ac power to cool the room its only 80 out and the flower lights aren’t even turned on yet it’s just deciding it knows better :rolleyes:

Plant update the purple haze and cherry queens got some growth tonight and the plants that were cat drenched along with the clone got some water with only tea, the first three flowering plants need watered every other day at a minimum starting a couple weeks ago if I remember correctly which tbh is doubtful :laugh:

I also dropped the day temp a couple degrees to 83 and lowered the rh to 50% and lowered the deadband to 2% from 5% so it wouldn’t need to run so long after getting corrected. Now that we’re half way through flower and getting some buds to protect I figured it’s time to start pulling the rh down a bit.

Didn’t get around to moving the dehuy yet my moms coming in a couple weeks so I was doing house and yard work all weekend.

Have a great strong everyone. That’s a week that’s better than a week, I had a sales boss right after I graduated from hs that used to say that lol weeks were to weak I guess. No idea why I just thought of that it was around 25 years ago must of Been the thai chi. :rofl::passitleft:

Sounds like you were having some fun there Smokey. Thai Chi is one of my favorites. Mini Splits always have a range they work in. I've not seen one that holds exactly what the temp setting is. If your setpoint is 70 it will run 68-72. Mine has a powerful mode on the remote that will ramp it up to full cooling for 20 minutes to handle a large cool down. You'll either have to start cooling before those lights come on or manually make it go to high at lights on.

Sounds like you were having some fun there Smokey. Thai Chi is one of my favorites. Mini Splits always have a range they work in. I've not seen one that holds exactly what the temp setting is. If your setpoint is 70 it will run 68-72. Mine has a powerful mode on the remote that will ramp it up to full cooling for 20 minutes to handle a large cool down. You'll either have to start cooling before those lights come on or manually make it go to high at lights on.

Yes it was a fun night did some more secret breaths and was all ripped up :passitleft:

If mine stayed within 2 degrees over the set point I could totally live with that. I’m getting more like 6-7 degrees over at times which is a bit much. Guess I’m just gonna have to figure out a way to control the mini split better I might need to email the people that made my controller and ask if they know of a way to control it like the rf module idea or something. Or just get a WiFi module so I can program different settings for different times of the day.

After looking at everything yesterday I may end up ditching the second flower tent and the 5x5 and going with a single 4x8 instead. It would simplify things having one less tent to keep happy, lighting setup would be easier since its a more normal size and I would be able to get an extra foot of height. My old 5x5 won’t unzip at the top so I can’t put the extension on it and I have no idea where the extensions are anyway I probably threw them away years ago.

Thanks bluenoserjoe! Welcome :passitleft:

True... . Dad was in RCN....served in Korea.
Lived in many places in NS.....my fav. was when i was 8 . .9....in Cornwallis.
Is this true enough for ya.....oh...was baptized on the HMS Columbia too.
Cheers.
I believe that will count.:thumb: A nice area around Cornwallis.

Back
Top Bottom