Grow room build round three: Full environment control and no compromises

Tip for anyone thinking about running c02 do not buy nice new tanks... Everywhere here that can fill them at least only does exchanges so you don’t get to keep your shiny new tank very long. He tried to give me a steel one and I was like umm can I at least get an aluminum one so it doesn’t weigh a ton I mean I paid a bunch of money to get tanks I can actually carry for a reason :laugh:

And I’m back

Bill Davey, a retired Cape Breton University professor, has long studied the origin of word.

"One referred to the early Nova Scotian sailors who would be out in the cold weather and supposedly their nose would get cold and turn blue and the other one refers to the early settlers who would eat a lot of blue potatoes and herring," he said.

"I think it was probably originated as a bit of an insult but people sort of redeemed it or bought into it and so it became something of pride, particularly because of the success of the Bluenose sailboat, the schooner."

He said during the 1760s when the term was first coined, the land that is now New Brunswick and Nova Scotia was just referred to as Nova Scotia.

The word Bluenose itself is now used for businesses and events across the province.

Your explanation of the word ...is just like your new grow room....'on point'....:slide:.............:passitleft:

Thanks bud that made me lol for real when I read it :laugh::lot-o-toke:

I moved the dehuy to the other side of the room tonight to see if it will make it work better. It wasn’t pulling water out fast enough in the old spot it was rated for 9 gal a day and I was getting maybe a gal every 12 hours with it running nonstop.

Here is the last 24 hours it bounces between 50ish to 57ish when the lights are off without the dehuy or exhaust fan ever turning off so it has to be the interaction with the air or the dehuy taking a break or something that keeps letting it go back up. The range the rh is in does work it’s way down some as the night period goes on but it might not be going down fast enough for some strains esp as I fill the room out with plants contributing to the problem.

Here is the last seven days you can see lowering the daytime rh to 55 from 60 helped a bit.

Flower tent
Tonight the first three plants got their second cat drench. The purple haze and cherry queens were good to go.

Veg tent
Cherry queen got uppotted to a five gal softy so it could have some of the fresh soil. I planted another one of the cuts, they all ended up rooting enough to plant from the first batch of face in fire cuts but I will most likely only keep the best of the two i planted in a week or so.

Everything got a spray of de stress except the clones. I got a bigger bottle I have always used a 2 oz eye glass spray bottle and I’m not sure I was ever spraying them enough. Tonight I used pretty much the whole four oz and normally I would of only used two with the old bottle.

Have a great night all :passitleft:

just dropping in, love the room!
I also built a studded box room with a door in my garage, 9x6x8.
and +1 on the co2 addition!

Nice! I really like it so far. It’s much more convenient than the spare bedroom used to be that’s for sure and it’s nice to be able to set the house ac the way we like it instead of how the plants needed it set. It’s also been much easier to keep visitors out of a room in the garage than the spare bedroom directly beside the one they were staying in esp when there’s a bunch of weird noises coming from it :laugh:

yeah I like it because I can run a kilowatt of qb and have it a nice 80-82 with no ac :D Im up north where its cold.
just dehumidi and golden!!!
I just dropped some beans tonight actuallllyyyy :)Woot!:yummy:

yeah I like it because I can run a kilowatt of qb and have it a nice 80-82 with no ac :D Im up north where its cold.
just dehumidi and golden!!!
I just dropped some beans tonight actuallllyyyy :)Woot!:yummy:

Nice I just checked out your setup and it’s super sweet :bravo::goodjob:

So many amazing growers, awards, and rooms in here it’s awesome being is such great company. :circle-of-love:

Nice I just checked out your setup and it’s super sweet :bravo::goodjob:

So many amazing growers, awards, and rooms in here it’s awesome being is such great company. :circle-of-love:
Thanks! :Namaste: I really dig your pool / back yard. Too cold to have one here in Oregon.

So the new spot for the dehuy is not better it turns out I don’t even need to wait and look at graphs :laugh: When I woke up this morning a couple hours after the lights went off it was at 67% rh. I ended up opening the door for a while and that brought it down in a hurry so I may need to rethink the a vent. I could probably fix it up with a second dehuy that just runs all the time during lights off but 1400 watts of elec just for dehumidifying seems a bit extreme.

My buddy that built the room was asking about them today so I took a couple pics of the flower tent.

Yeah, would be nice if you could just use some of that dry dessert air instead of the dehuey. Looking good!

:passitleft:

Yup I’m not even sure another 70 pint would cut it once the rooms full and after that they get very expensive, after looking at dehumidifiers last night and finding that out I gave in and asked my friend to come help me cut a couple 4” vent holes in the walls. I’m gonna do one for the intake on the outside wall and make it look like a dryer vent and put the other one on the inside wall in the garage for the outlet so I don’t suck in carbon monoxide from the cars in the garage. I’m gonna see if I can find a couple rubber flaps to use as dampers to keep the holes somewhat closed when it’s not running. I figure with a nice run at lights out which is 7am to bring it down the dehuy I have will hopefully be able to keep it where I want it until the lights come back on.

Is your room fully sealed?

I’m running a 70 pint now and it’s not getting the job done already and it runs nonstop the entire lights out schedule and even kicks in sometimes during lights on now that I’m trying to keep the daytime down around 50% so the nighttime is more manageable. I don’t know if I got a bum unit or what but it’s only pulling around one gal of water out every 12 hours so that’s about one fourth of what it should be able to do. I don’t really have any other spots in the room to try it in the original location is working the best.

but it’s only pulling around one gal of water out every 12 hours so that’s about one fourth of what it should be able to do.

That's gotta be a significant clue. :hmmmm:

That's gotta be a significant clue. :hmmmm:

Yea for sure somethings not right I just don’t know if it’s a bad unit or the room being so small it’s keeping it from working right. Unfortunately there is no where humid enough outside of the room to try it in.

Back
Top Bottom