Grow room build round three: Full environment control and no compromises

Yes, very nice , for sure. My bestest years were spent there. Annapolis Valley.
I would be there now if there was more work...and better weather. cheers Bluenoser....glad to meet you sir!:high-five:
Right back at you. Seems there are a lot of us on here, glad to see that.

My 70 liter dehumidifier has to be emptied twice a day if things are over 55%. And was wondering if you could stagger your lights on/ off with the 2 rooms?

I only have one flower tent and a veg tent and I have been leaving that run 24/7 it only has like 200w of light tota so it’s not affecting much. I’m gonna order a new dehuy before cutting up the walls it’s sounding like I just got a bad one.

Thanks for the input everyone :passitleft:

...just wondering if your dehummer has a garden hose hookup to drain the water?...most of the ones that size, that I've looked at have that option...I've got a hose that runs outside my shed, but I can't run the unit much...it's ancient and throws off too much heat...cheerz...h00k... :hookah:...

OK, Smokey,...couple ideas. My Dehuey does my whole basement and keeps things (in the summer) at 50% or lower if i choose. I'm not sure how much capacity it has cuz what i did was , where the container sits..take it out..you can see where the water comes out...roughly. I appoxied a small funnel with a 1/2" nozzle...yup, u guessed it..i just got a length of clear hose from work, shoved it on , and it drains into my floor drain in the laundry room. Never have to worry about emptying it...just have to keep the hose 'clear'. I set it to 50% and it works great . So , my basement is kept 'proper' for the intakes in the GR. With it like this i can keep the RH below 70 all summer in the GR. having to rely on one's self to empty it every day...nahh,..i got things to do.....I spend enough time on here , and with my plants.

Oh ya , wat Hook said about the heat. This one throws out some heat too , but it's on the other side of the basement , in another room, so....
Smokey, can you plug two of those into your controller? If so, why not try that...if you can exhaust the extra heat. That way you will see if this one's a 'dud'. Anyhow , you will figure it out....cheers bud!:high-five:

My dehuy has a hose that drains into a five gal bucket that I use for a lot of my watering needs. It only needs emptied every three days and at that point it’s only got around three gal in it. My ac Evap line also runs into the same bucket.

I can’t run a second one off the same controller they use to much electricity there wouldn’t be enough for the lights. If a new one can’t do the job by itself then I’ll just do the vent fans to drop it once a day. I’m not using ventilation out of the room for cooling itself so any extra heat would have to get fixed by running the ac more, it’s a viscous cycle of wasted elec... :laugh:

Ya..i hear ya bud....:passitleft:Maybe try and simplify things if ya can,..dunno.

It’s not that anything is to complicated it’s just the dehuy I got isn’t working like it should be for some reason.

How warm is the air coming out of them for the people running them mine has been running all day and it’s barely warm at all. I’m guessing whatever gas they work off of wasn’t charged right or something.

Edit never mind I see above you guys talking about how much heat they throw. :lot-o-toke: Mine is clearly not working right.

Im gonna order a different one tonight and see if it works better. If it doesn’t it’s just my room not having enough space to let it work right in which case it’s time to cut some holes.

Here’s to hoping the new one works better :meditate::meditate::meditate:

yeah my room isnt sealed, takes in more humid air , with the density of plants I have with all the water it will get up to 80% RH and sweat if I dont have it on I turn on my dehuey and it will drop it down to 45 in no time. . thats how I know something is wrong with that unit.

Yea for sure somethings not right I just don’t know if it’s a bad unit or the room being so small it’s keeping it from working right. Unfortunately there is no where humid enough outside of the room to try it in.

Thanks for the input. I ordered the unit you recommended. I would really prefer to keep it sealed and not cut holes in my new, well new to me house!

I think it will fix the problem but I’ll throw a :meditate:just to be safe :laugh:

Have a great weekend everyone :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom