Grow room build round three: Full environment control and no compromises

Thanks Amy!

Glad you got it figured out. Now you can get some rest and grow some trees. No more excuses. Get growing. Lol

Thanks! yes now the real work starts playing with all this stuff is fun for me the work of actually growing gets a little old unfortunately which is why I’m going for as much system auto as possible :surf:

Which brings me to the next two additions I want to get working on...

1. Get my buddy to order me a WiFi module for the mini split so I can have it run different temps during lights on and off. It’s dropping down to 66 for parts of the night now which is my daytime because that’s the temp I need to keep it at to keep the In tent temps happy and still have a bit of buffer with all them lights on in the flower tent. This will also cut down on wasted electricity since I won’t need to cool it more than necessary during the hottest part of the day which can be like 120 here :high-five:

2. Automated watering for flowering tent at a minimum. Not automated as in it waters them all the time because I can probably do a better job getting it evenly watered and it’s a good time to do some inspectioning while I’m doing it and is usually when I find the problems. I just want the ability to water them on nights that I don’t feel up to it or if I’m away I can tell it to water them for me. Last night they needed watered and didn’t get it because I was in to much pain to get off the ice pack all night. They don’t like missing a water day when due with this much light and heat one bit. Anyone have experience in this?

On to the plants

Split the lights in the flower tent into two separate banks with the HLG turning on 30 min after the platinums and turning off 30 min before to try and ease the transition a bit.

I threw away the face on fire clones tonight and replaced them with Malawi x pcks I had in the cloner. So far I have had 100% success rate with the clones, high Brix makes cloning a breeze to be fair it’s not like I have special cloning skills :laughtwo:

I took some cuts of the cherry queen still in veg and put them in the cloner. I’m gonna grab a couple from the lower branches on the one In the flower tent tomorrow to just Incase it’s a magical one.

Dropped an A5 x Panama and a delicious seeds Jack Herer seed tonight. Anyone know if this version of Jack Herer is worth growing? It was a freebie I had from long time ago.

Watered everything with some growth that was big enough to get it, it’s been before cat drench for the first three since they have had any.

Super cropped two of the main branches on the purple haze back down into the middle of itself, it’s stretching like crazy and was to close to the light.

The big light wasn’t getting enough airflow and was getting hot and making a hot zone right underneath of it and the purple haze leaves that we’re right under it we’re turning in on themselves in places. To fix it I just turned the fan around and put a piece of foam under one end to point it up towards the big light. The hot zone seems to be gone now we’ll at least as good as it can be right under a light that size.

I also moved the sensors to behind the big light where it should have a better reading of under light temps since it’s between the two biggest lights now.

Flooded the garage floor filtering water, I went into the grow room to grab something quick and then got distracted and forgot all about it.

Heard about jacking up the garage floor from the wife for a while...

I think that covers everything a couple pics

Before re arrangements

After

Look at all them damn seeds :(

Im thinking about moving the humidifier into the flower tent, it can take a while for it to build up humidity now. Anyone run their humidifier in their tent directly?
Have a great night all :passitleft:

Smokey, you need to get together with Gazoo. He's a bit of an automation geek too. He has pressure sensors under his pots to measure how wet they are, and a manual/auto slow-watering system. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think you could really get into that. :bongrip:

Smokey, you need to get together with Gazoo. He's a bit of an automation geek too. He has pressure sensors under his pots to measure how wet they are, and a manual/auto slow-watering system. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think you could really get into that. :bongrip:

Thanks bud. That sounds pretty amazing I’ll look him up for sure. I know they make ones that can run off of a hydrometer reading but I haven’t really looked into them yet I figured having enough sensors to put one in each plant would probably be cost prohibitive unless the sensors are realivly cheap.

What's up with the seeds? Who hermied?

The mystery seed that came out of the jar of bud from the dispensary. I knew it would most likely hermi since that’s probably how the seed I got was created in the first place but it happened earlier than the ones I have had hermi before and knocked em all up.

Not good.....Smokey ....waddaya doin messin with that for....geesh man!

I know it was dumb. It was one of the best strains I have ever had though and that’s not something I ever say about non hig Brix bud though so I figured I’d try it out...

Hopefully those plants that got contaminated still continue with bloom. Usually ,when a plant gets pollinated the plant puts all its energy into seed development and NOT new clusters....

Yea I have a feeling that’s exactly what they’re doing. At least it happened on the run where I had already screwed a bunch of stuff out working the kinks out of the new setup. :passitleft:

So question for you Brix vets. When I spray my plants approximately how many oz of spray should I be using for the amount of plants I have going on? I don’t feel like I ever got a solid handle on how much to really use and think I used to use not enough. In the past I would of used 2 oz total now I have upped it to 4. What would you y’all use?

Thanks and have a :passitleft: weekend!

Ugg more bad news the first cherry “queen” isn’t the kinda queen I was hoping for... :laugh::(

Guess I’ll flip the other one to make sure it’s a female at least. They had quite different growth traits so that gives me hope the other one is female.

Anyone know how long it will be before I can get pollen from it? Since the current batch is already pollinated I wouldn’t mind pruning it down to a branch or two and collecting it in as controlled of manor as I can pull off of course. A nice fat cherry indica would be nice to cross some of these amazing sativas with.

I typically use about 16 ounces of foliar in a 4x4, so ... one ounce (or less) per square foot of canopy?

I typically use about 16 ounces of foliar in a 4x4, so ... one ounce (or less) per square foot of canopy?

Thanks GT! It sounds like have been way way under doing it. That seems like a so much liquid are they dripping wet by the end :laugh:

:morenutes::woohoo:

No sweat on the under-doing it. I use a quart sprayer and if I don't fill it at least halfway, it's hard to pump up. :laughtwo:

8-12 ounces would do as well.

No sweat on the under-doing it. I use a quart sprayer and if I don't fill it at least halfway, it's hard to pump up. :laughtwo:

8-12 ounces would do as well.

Right on thanks! I have was pretty sure I wasn’t using enough before with the 2oz and still wasn’t sure I was using enough with the 4. Glad I asked! :high-five:

While we’re talking about high Brix I would love to know what have you found to be preferred drench amounts and schedules with the new formulas if you don’t mind. I know it depends on strain somewhat but just an idea of what your doing would be awesome you run pretty much the same amount of lighting as I do so our grows should be similar enough for a good starting point.

Thanks again!

Ack, I knew someone would ask eventually. :laughtwo:

Smokey, I am completely off the reservation. :p I'm just using instinct now, and I don't want to suggest that someone else could get away with what I'm doing. I have no schedule anymore. I'm not drenching heavily, but there's no particular sense to my "schedule". I just see that they need water and I decide what to give them on the spot.

Sorry. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Maybe I'll figure out what I'm doing at some point, and then I can tell everybody else. :Namaste:

Ack, I knew someone would ask eventually. :laughtwo:

Smokey, I am completely off the reservation. :p I'm just using instinct now, and I don't want to suggest that someone else could get away with what I'm doing. I have no schedule anymore. I'm not drenching heavily, but there's no particular sense to my "schedule". I just see that they need water and I decide what to give them on the spot.

Sorry. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Maybe I'll figure out what I'm doing at some point, and then I can tell everybody else. :Namaste:

It’s all good, I was kind of expecting that was going to be your answer . for all the data I have on my room I don’t even remember what week my plants are in, haven’t recorded any of the feeding or amounts and have just been giving them the kinda drench I think they need whenever I think they need it based on what’s going on. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom