Grow room build round three: Full environment control and no compromises

Great morning to ya Smokey and friends. In Jamaica last Feb. i asked Doc about this and told him i was using one of those lil 30ml. plastic measuring cups that come with medicine etc. I said i fill that up for every 2 gals. of water , which is 15mls/gal. This is my Drench strength ,NO MATTER what Drench , or when i give them, it;s always the same 15mls. per gal. of water. EVERY TIME!

I typically mix up 10 oz of water with brix and that does my 8 flowering plants and about 12 veg plants. I usually run out right at the end. Sometimes the little plants don't get a full spray. On the feeding amounts, I'm with Gray, I decide as I'm doing it but I never go less than 1.5 ml drench per gallon of soil (unless it's CAT). My typical schedule will be 1.5 ml/gallon of soil until after the CAT's (I do 1ml/gallon of soil on the CATs back to back) then I up it to 2 ml/gallon of soil until the end. Sometimes I'll go heavier if they are pigs but rarely do I have to. If you follow that, you hurt anything and you can adjust from there.

I think my problem has always been that I thought the problem was with was not enough drenching. I started to increase as the leaves started not looking great after finding out something was deficient not getting nute burned by trying the other direction first thinking they were getting burned. I really pushed one or two grows with a ton of drench with no help in fact I think it actually got to a point where it made it worse. At that point i just figured it was the lack of enough rh at the old house and less than ideal cooling or they were depleating the co2. After hearing from you guys I think really they just weren’t getting enough foliars to let the drenches do their job, I mean 2oz is a smal fraction of what you guys are using so it makes a lot of sense. I always wondered why I had a bunch of Brix and stress left over at the end of a kit :laugh:

I will be adjusting immediately. :morenutes:

Duggan / Neiko approximately how long in between each drench are you waiting, around once a week? Just looking for a baseline to go with the feeding amounts you’re using, I understand it changes on their needs and time in the cycle :)

Thanks guys I decided I want a plant or nug of the month award one of these days :rofl: While the smoke was always fantastic regardless of what the leaves looked like they were never Doc level of fantastic and they ain’t winning any awards with rusted up jacked up leaves all over them :confused:

I also found something last night that talkes about cutting the par down about 30- 40% for the last three weeks of flower or cutting a few hours off the day when you’re running high par levels or the plants won’t be able to keep up with the lights and jack up the leaves as they’re finishing up. Anyone ever tried this or have any thoughts on it?

Neiko, how much of what type of coco do you mix in and do you need to do it pre cook or when do you add it. Maybe now that he rh is fixed they won’t use so much water but j was needing to water them everyday so anything adding a bit more water retention to the soil might be helpful with as hard as I’m trying to push them.

Thanks all since you have a couple years with the kit on me now I will be hitting you up for your hard earned knowledge, hope you don’t mind :)

:passitleft:

hey bud,..ya , for the Drenches. Don't go by days, just go by when they need a drink . So a typical feeding schedule might look like this . keep in mind , all my Drenches are at 15mls. per gal. of distilled
Ok start off in the #1's. let the soil dry out pretty good in veg Smokey, u know that. If you start off with a Transplant Drench W/tea , next drink straight water W/ a lil Tea, next drink maybe a GI drench W/Tea, next drink , water W/1/4 Trans , next drink , straight water, next drink a Transplant Drench W/Tea, next drink Straight water, maybe W/ a lil Tea.
Repeat,..so you can see how we play each Drench against each other, alternating them , with drinks of water in between , and i like to add a bit of Tea with those straight water drinks too. One thing that i haven't pushed lately is the use of Epsom salts in mid bloom to help with Mg. shortages. It can be used very effectively, by giving a couple tblsns in with the drink, two drinks , then without, two more drinks, then without. this was recommended to me by Doc a few years ago and it helps alot but u have to start with the salts little at a time before any problems are already there.
Cheers Smokey, hope this helps ....:high-five:

I add 1/3 pre-washed canna coco when I mix the soil. I remove 1/3 of the pro-mix add replace it with the coco, amend and cook like normal. I transplant from 1's to 10's and flip the same day. I water in with a transplant drench then the next watering will be about 10-14 days later. After that they want water about every 3-4 days. I do straight water in between drenches except for CATs, I give those back to back. When close to harvest if a straight water is due and it will be the last feeding I will give growth instead of plain water. I don't do 1/4 transplant waterings anymore. The one thing I worry about is on 1st run soil is proper cooking. I've had better results cooking the whole kit together rather than mixing it and dividing it into 2 or 3 totes. When I recycle I will cook 3 root balls in a 27 gallon tote with the proper amount of amendment. The point is I want all the ammendment in the container not split up.

Thanks for the input guys! Sorry been away got family coming to visit for a week and they arrive tonight so we have been trying to get everything ready.

I was asking about the time frame instead of watering count because for a while there they needed watered everyday, now it’s down to every two days with the higher rh.
Surprisingly the mystery seed plant which I’m pretty sure was the source of the pollen didn’t polinate nearly as much as the two Malawi’s did. The day when the light schedule got jacked up and the light stayed on for two days straight might of had something to do with it also but I did see nanners on it early before the light incident so I’m still blaming the mystery plant.

Quick update

Had a revelation last night that the purple haze was sitting on a five gal bucket and I still had a couple feet to work with so I moved her down to the floor. Not sure how I forgot bout that one other than these ace sativas are no joke :lot-o-toke:

Flipped the other cherry queen last night.

Collected a bunch of nuts full of pollen tonight and killed the male. A couple had already popped since last night when I didn’t see any open ones yet so hopefully the purple haze doesn’t get pollinated but if it does hopefully it’s by the cherry and not the queen :laugh: :meditate:

Both the A5 and the Jack Herer sprouted.

Everything big got some growth tonight and Brixed last night.

The new dehuy started leaking somewhere and I haven’t figured out where from or why yet so I swapped the other one back in for now. I swear I can’t win with these things...

Killed a giant wolf spider in the veg tent last night as much as I didn’t want to. It was quite aggressive and he didn’t want to be caught plus all the stuff In the way so he had to go the hard way. Would of probably been great pest defense if I would of left it live in there assuming it didn’t starve to death first but the thought of sticking my head in there every day without knowing where it was didn’t seem like a great plan especially if it was hungry. I guess the room isn’t as sealed as I thought it was...

I really appreciate everyone’s feedback on feeding schedules and soil mixes. The amount of combined knowledge hanging out in here is quite amazing. I missed y’all while I was on my hiatus and was so happy and relieved to find out that at least most of you are still here rocking it more than ever!

I have been part of several online community gaming group and forums of all sorts but none of them compare to what happens when you put a bunch of stoners growing great weed together in the same place!!!

Love y’all :passitleft::circle-of-love:

Not sure how I forgot bout that one other than these ace sativas are no joke :lot-o-toke:
:laughtwo:
the thought of sticking my head in there every day without knowing where it was didn’t seem like a great plan

:thumb: I usually would never kill a spider... but circumstances like these I absolutely do! Also if it’s a funnel web :eek:

Bad run with the dehueys... hope you get it sorted. If it’s leaking cause it’s faulty at least that should be warranty covered. Damn the hassle tho.

:laughtwo:

:thumb: I usually would never kill a spider... but circumstances like these I absolutely do! Also if it’s a funnel web :eek:

Bad run with the dehueys... hope you get it sorted. If it’s leaking cause it’s faulty at least that should be warranty covered. Damn the hassle tho.

What kind of spiders have funnel webs? I assume you have some pretty scary ones in your part of the world...

I killed a couple black widows in my yard the other week. I had my hand less than six inches away from the one messing with the elec panel for my pool before I noticed it and went running for the poison spray like a little sissy :laugh: At least I don’t feel bad killing them in the yard I have a tiny dog that would probably die if it was bit by them so ya they gotta go!

Oh - it’s actually called the Funnel Web spider, and yes they do build and live in funneled web tunnels. They’re hideous. And deadly. Not super big but very very black, sometimes shiny, and kind of armoured looking, and they’re very aggressive. Makes me feel a bit ill just taking about them :laughtwo: :eek:

Thanks yeti!

Planted another Malawi x pck clone tonight and took a couple pictures. The mystery plant was definitely a face in fire OG and after smelling it tonight I’m pretty bummed I killed all the clones it smells like a super sweet OG, for those of you that have had my bubba kush imagine a 30% version of that :drool:

Waited a bit long on planting the clone it was full on growing in the cloner...

Really gotta get some more stakes can’t find the ones I used to use.

Cherry queen

Malawi’s

Purple haze all in my brain

Face on fire

Hope you all had a great 420 :passitleft:

Attachments

• 77D20DA8-1A09-4B86-9841-63DFEC9B48F3.jpeg
    77D20DA8-1A09-4B86-9841-63DFEC9B48F3.jpeg
    821.5 KB · Views: 117
Damn that Face on Fire OG sounds dangerous. One of the things I like about the Bubba Hash of yours is it isn't an overpowering strain. It's a great smoke and makes me feel so good, I just enjoy puffing on it.
As far as the Purple Haze goes it looks like she has had too much nitrogen or there is a strong breeze blowing too hard on it. She sure does look unhappy though. What strength have you been drenching her?

Back
Top Bottom