Grow room build round three: Full environment control and no compromises

Damn that Face on Fire OG sounds dangerous. One of the things I like about the Bubba Hash of yours is it isn't an overpowering strain. It's a great smoke and makes me feel so good, I just enjoy puffing on it.
As far as the Purple Haze goes it looks like she has had too much nitrogen or there is a strong breeze blowing too hard on it. She sure does look unhappy though. What strength have you been drenching her?

I have taken it pretty easy on the feedings for the purple haze. The strong breeze is probably the right guess she’s in the spot in the tent that gets the most airflow from the fan trying to keep that big light cooled off. Guess I got some rearranging to do.

Thanks Neiko! :passitleft:

The other cherry queen was a male also so he’s been culled along with the clones and I dropped two more seeds tonight.

No improvement in the purple haze so far so I moved her over to the side where the cherry queen was and turned that light off to see if that helps. The leaves that were out far enough to not be under the big light directly looked better so maybe it was to much light for her.

I uppotted the last two Malawi x pck clones into one gallon pots which from now on I will use immediately and skip the cups on the clones. They looked pretty unhealthy and the one that went into the one gallon early looks all nice and waxy. At least I will have three plants ready to flip soon getting two males of the cherry queen kinda screwed up the plans for the next batch.

Couple pics of the flower tent

Got my irrigation system figured out and ordered along with a 4x8' gorilla lite tent with a 1' extension kit to replace my flower tent. If I could of added the extension kit on my existing tent I would of just done that but the zippers are wrecked from years of use so it was stuck at the height it was. The extra foot will be very useful :) I also got another 6" fan and filter so each side of the tent will have it's own exhaust. A single 6" fan didn't seem like it would be enough for a 4x8 it was barely keeping up with all the lights on the 5x5.

Irrigation setup
I ended up going with two separate pumps one for the flowering tent and one for the veg tent. Each tent will have 6 irrigation sites.

The flower tent will look like this
Pump into 3/4" line, into 3/4" Tee that runs a 3/4" line to each side of the 8' tent. I got a 3/4" inline valve to adjust the flow to each side of the system right after the tee. Then there will be 6, 3/4" to 1/2" reducer tees that will connect to the 3/4" lines. These will run 1/2" tubing to each of the 9" hydro halo water rings. Each water ring will have it's own inline valve to adjust the flow or turn that line on or off.

The veg tent will be similar but will use 6" rings instead and i won't need to put the tee in the 3/4 inch line since its a square not a rectangle.

Both pumps will be controlled by my controller or some digital timers I have that I used to run my lights off of depending on which one gives me better control of the timing.

I am going to use a 30g tote or bin whatever you want to call it for the water tank and have an aquarium air pump / stone combo coming to keep the water oxygenated. For now I will still have to fill the tank(s) manually with RO water.

All fertilizers ie drenches and tea, will be added by manual watering because the highbrix drenches and tea mix will bloom in a day or two, trust me I know I left some in a bucket by accident once.

I think that covers everything. Hopefully I can get this dialed in to the point where I only have to add some drench and spray the plants once or twice a week :surf:

I'll get pictures up as the stuff arrives and gets put together.

Have a great week everyone! :passitleft:

Looks good but what is it, Malawi x PCK?

Yup the close ups are the Malawi x pck, I chopped the mystery plant also. I almost just threw it away because it didn’t turn out very good but I figured I put a few months into taking care of it I should at least try it out. :passitleft:

Thanks everyone! Hopefully next batch will turn out better these got under watered and we’re about 20% low on rh for a while till I got the setup figured out. The buds don’t look bad though as long as you look past all the burnt sugar leaf tips :)

I’m gonna hopefully get the new tent and irrigation setup this weekend and posted which will probably be the end of this build thread and I’ll start a fresh grow journal thread for the next round of plants. In the veg tent I currently have 3 Malawi x PCK in one gals that can be flipped soon another one in a seven gal that is from the original batch that may get flipped, an a5 x Panama and a Jack herer in one gals but just recently uppotted to them and a two more cherry queen babies in solo cups still.

The purple haze is totally out of control and just keeps growing. It really needs uppotted but I have been putting it off until the tent change out so I can have a chance at moving it.

I’m thinking about growing in the same 27gal totes I use for cooking soil. I figure I can fit four of them in the 4x8 and use two of them at a time with two plants in each. Then I can just alternate which totes are cooking and which are growing and not have to mess with moving soil around all the time. I would prefer to be able to flower six plants at a time but haven’t figured out a good way to pull that off without being back to moving soil. I really should of been honest with myself from the start and titled this thread grow room build for lazy people, my wife just calls me “la” now implying that I’m to lazy to even finish the word :laugh:

Thanks for all the help and interest everyone
:passitleft:

Oh yea I forgot I snapped a pic of the face on fire bud after a day of drying

Malawi x PCK for comparison :laugh:

And my little helper all tuckered out after helping me harvest and tucking herself in...
Big stretch :laugh:

Hey Smokey I have been watching ur build. Great job. I am wondering about ur air exchange. I am try to figure out how to cut out a spot to pull the air in down low and have the exhaust fan suck it out on top. Curious to what u did. If u mentioned it I apologize. Hard to keep track of everything I read. electrical part was easy for me. It’s the ventilation and plumbing I am having a hard time with.

Hey Smokey I have been watching ur build. Great job. I am wondering about ur air exchange. I am try to figure out how to cut out a spot to pull the air in down low and have the exhaust fan suck it out on top. Curious to what u did. If u mentioned it I apologize. Hard to keep track of everything I read. electrical part was easy for me. It’s the ventilation and plumbing I am having a hard time with.

Thanks!

I never had to cut any holes since all the air exchanging is only happening between the tents and the room. The actual room is sealed and never exchanges air to the outside unless the door is open other than what leaks out the cracks around the door etc. The room uses a mini split for aircon and a humidifier and dehumidifier to keep the air params in in the room in the right range so the tent fans can keep the inside of the tent params where I have them set to on the controller.

The current tents each have a 6” intake vent at the bottom, just some normal ducting with a couple bends to stop the light from getting through it. At the top of the tent I have a 6” fan connected to a 6xsomething carbon scrubber that runs out one of the top vent holes in the tent so the air gets pulled out the top and sent out into the room and pulls in fresh air from down close to the floor.

I’m going to run two filters and 6” intakes and exhausts on the 4x8 tent that’s replacing the current flower tent but the setup will be essentially the same just doubled.

When I was thinking about venting to the outside I was going to use a dryer vent cover so it at least sorta blended in but my room is in my garage right in the front of my house so having it be stealthy kinda limited what I could do. I was only going to use it to dump the humidity at lights out though so 4” would of been enough for that anyway. Luckily so far I have been getting by with just the dehumidifier :meditate:

How is your room setup? I can help more once I have a better idea of what your working with :thumb:

Edit I just seen your link I’ll check it out and caught up. :nomo:

Thanks!

I never had to cut any holes since all the air exchanging is only happening between the tents and the room. The actual room is sealed and never exchanges air to the outside unless the door is open other than what leaks out the cracks around the door etc. The room uses a mini split for aircon and a humidifier and dehumidifier to keep the air params in in the room in the right range so the tent fans can keep the inside of the tent params where I have them set to on the controller.

The current tents each have a 6” intake vent at the bottom, just some normal ducting with a couple bends to stop the light from getting through it. At the top of the tent I have a 6” fan connected to a 6xsomething carbon scrubber that runs out one of the top vent holes in the tent so the air gets pulled out the top and sent out into the room and pulls in fresh air from down close to the floor.

I’m going to run two filters and 6” intakes and exhausts on the 4x8 tent that’s replacing the current flower tent but the setup will be essentially the same just doubled.

When I was thinking about venting to the outside I was going to use a dryer vent cover so it at least sorta blended in but my room is in my garage right in the front of my house so having it be stealthy kinda limited what I could do. I was only going to use it to dump the humidity at lights out though so 4” would of been enough for that anyway. Luckily so far I have been getting by with just the dehumidifier :meditate:

How is your room setup? I can help more once I have a better idea of what your working with :thumb:

Edit I just seen your link I’ll check it out and caught up. :nomo:

Awesome. Thanks for the input. Would love some more attention on my thread but doesn’t seem to get it. The support and ideas from people on this site are awesome. It’s great to have such a helping community of people. I just started the DBHBB and the help on that thread is awesome.

I am going to reply on my thread so I’m not stepping on ur feet here about my stuff.

I’m headed there next :passitleft:

Got the buds bagged up and ended up with 2.5 1 gal freezer ziplock bags of the Malawi x pck and 1 of the face on fire.

The Malawi has a great fruity flavor already but man is it packed full of seeds. The FOF is very dense and doesn’t have nearly as many seeds so I’m quite glad I harvested it.

Haven’t got the new tent setup yet so things are kind of in limbo for the next few days.

This is two joints worth of seeds all but five of them came from one j of the Malawi...

Close up of FOF dried out to bad it hermied so bad it’s pretty good smoke

Have a good night all :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom