Grow Room Build

Koolkat160

420 Member
Hey all.. I'm about to convert my 30 X 40 shop in to a grow facility, my plan is to have 2 separate grow rooms, a cloning room, a drying / curing room and a trim de-nug table. Photo attached shows my layout as it stands now. I'm hoping to get some advice on a few things so I can do this correctly. I've always wanted to grow and now that's it's legal I'm dying to dive in and learn how. I've watched tons of youtube vids of grows so I have a basic understanding of what needs to happen to have a successful crop. We've decided to grow in Coco as it seems to be a really good way to start, have learned that it's very forgiving. Probably go with 1000 watt lights, the rooms are designed to hold at least 8 so I'll need 16 total for the grow rooms. I'm not sure what kind or how large of a dehumidifier I'll need, the grow rooms are 13' X 24' X 9' tall, 2,808 cubic feet. My main concern is climate control. The shop has no heat or ac so I'm not sure how to approach that. It gets pretty hot as well as cold here in OK so I'll obviously have to do something. Not sure if I should put in a central heat and air unit or go with floor heaters and AC's. My plan is to stagger grows in the 2 grow rooms and have a set of plants ready to go in the room that was last harvested. So it will be running pretty much full time. Anyway that's my plan and I'll document as I go if anyone is interested in following along. Timeline is to have it ready to go by the end of the year.

JB

Grow Room.jpg

Do you have separate veg room or u going to veg the clones in the growrooms before flowering? Goodlooking layout, im doing similar setup for my newest location.

I’ve watched a lot of videos from the Grateful Grower and my plan was to try and duplicate his growing method. He will veg and flower in the same room. He runs a SCROG and I’m guessing that would be quite difficult to move the plants to a different room to flower. Just a guess tho so maybe not.

I’ve watched a lot of videos from the Grateful Grower and my plan was to try and duplicate his growing method. He will veg and flower in the same room. He runs a SCROG and I’m guessing that would be quite difficult to move the plants to a different room to flower. Just a guess tho so maybe not.
Watched them too! Many people scrog and have different growspaces for veg and flowering. U just put well vegged and trained plants under the screen and bend the tops down pointing outwards from the center, then lower the net on top of the plants and start pulling branches out the holes of net. Another way is modular scrog. This way u can keep the grow (flower)rooms at 12/12 schedule allways.. find a fast good yielding pheno and have 5 harvest a year from both rooms.

Plants in big DWC reservoirs, one per reservoir, mounted on wheels, SCROG frame attached to each reservoir, approximately eight square feet each, decent growth-phase length, training each plant under its own screen ASAP, when ready to flower simply roll one into the flower room (custom-width doorways ;) ), then roll it back out when it's ready to harvest. Saw the trunk off below the screen just below where it branches, disconnect the screen, and have a helper assist you in carrying the screen / bud / upper plant to the harvest table. The separate movable scrog setups will make it possible to fill a grow room with SCROGged plants without wasting a truly ridiculous amount of real estate in order to ensure complete access underneath every screen at all times for training the tips to stay under the screen and produce more and more tips instead of growing up.

That's if you really want to try to commercialize such a labor-intensive (and somewhat time-intensive) cannabis production method as SCROG. Find a third-world country to import undocumented labor from, I suppose :rolleyes: . If, on the other hand, you want to make the most money possible, run a mother/clone room just large enough to support the flowering room (which should be as large as you can sufficiently illuminate and provide labor to care for) and run a massive SOG operation. Consider a "Double-Decker" flowering room if your ceilings are high enough, you and any workers you end up hiring happen to be midgets, and you are clinically insane ;).

Otherwise, just grow some plants, man.

How’s it going koolkat sounds like a great project you need to think about drying and curing in this set up as if you use the rooms to dry your buds it’s time wasted on flowering plus if your climate is cold in the winter you could extract the heat from one room with the lights on to the other with lights off to heat it then reverse it when lights off to lights on room to save on heating bills.
Take the time to set it up and make it as user friendly as possible to lighten the work load on yourself or hired help remember staff are the enemy they cost money.
I also run my set up in coco I use 2 gallon fabric pots and when in flower multi feed with weak nutrients works very well plus less cost on coco my irrigation system is all snap locking fittings and valves all made up with half inch hose on timers to feed plus run off is pumped out automatically to a large res and used on my garden plants.
I can pull any plant out of the rooms by turning the shut off valve and unlocking the hose if need be really works well and very easy to use.
I hate full scrog nets it makes it so difficult to do anything once there in the net your fucked so you can get the single pot scrog nets that allow you to access them individually, l only use them on certain strains if they weak, plus grow from clones to keep uniforms crops in heights and the bud.
I use 600 watt de hid lights per 4x4 and consistently get GPW hope this helps you in your new venture cheers.

Oh I forgot mention that’s with no ac or co2 cheers
I also run 600w hids. Find that they are most cost effective hid lamps. Not hitting gpw but averige is in .7-.9 no ac or co2. Basher has good advice. Coco is easy when irrigation is dialed in. I consider it hydro growing. My preference is dwc with big containers but thats me. I say choose the most simple and effective growmethod for u.. u will need practical help for your operation being in that scale. Updates on progress please!

I like using a 30 gal dwc container with 2 plants per 4x4 with 600w hps cooltube. And i use 4x8 tents cause the climate is easy to maintaine. U can put several of those side by side in small space.. also flipflopping lights is easy. Bug infestations etc is easier to isolate. But big growrooms are another thing.. my 2 cents of sidetracking..

Satkis I have an Alien 55 litre 16 pot RDWC with the 4 inch pipe set up that I have not used yet as I have never done RDWC or dwc before, I know these systems work well and vegging is done in half the time but I have not had the time to try it and to be honest I would try a 4 pot run first to get the hang of it before going the full 16 as if something went wrong it would be no big deal to lose, if I was running a large operation I still would run coco as it’s so forgiving if there’s a odd screw up it can be sorted very quickly with a quick flush to get back on track ie over feeding,salt build up and ph issues. Thankfully I don’t have these problems any more as I can check my runoff’s for EC and ph and adjust to suit and that’s all I have to do it takes me 10 minutes a day plus more time at weekends doing the res’s,feeds and maintenance to do and I run three 8x4 tents if I didn’t have this set up fuck knows how I could do it it would take ages I run 8 week flower strains so get a crop per month. This is why I haven’t tried the RDWC if it isn’t broken you know what mean. I tried cooltubes at the start but found the light spread poor then got some sun system air cool block busters which are a really good lights great spread of light and run so cool in the hot months with a 6 inch fan blasting threw them you could touch the glass and keep them very close to the canopy still have them but now run the nanolux super 600 de fixtures great lights but run very, very hot had to put 10 hyper extraction fans to cope with the heat so satkis if you change your lights to either of those I mentioned you will hit the GPW easy especially in dwc, but that enough about me let’s get koolkat going on this new venture, 9 foot ceiling height I would not put 1000 watt lights in there gavita do a 750 watt de and adjuster wing have a 750 watt de as well if it was me I would go with the adjuster wings as you can get them closer to the canopy with the diffuser in them and they will be cheaper but if I had the money I would go for the new gavita led or the Pacific light concept photo boost strips as they are the best of the LEDs I have seen of late and will run so much cooler to keep the ac bills down hope this help cheers.

Back
Top Bottom