Grow room expansion

VAGUEtrain

Howdy yall, Vague here.. I was about to start up my second grow journal... but the rooms not even done yet.. and i would like to get some input on my design... i have pictures.. but its hard to get a good view considering the bedroom is running out of space. but ill post them soon as well with drawings to help explanation.

What I started with was a closet... the closet is 5'wide by about 2.5'deep, and regular ceiling hieght 8ft?

-the closet was split in half with framing on the door way and along the ceiling to hold lights and doors..

-vegetative room on the right side of the closet and flower on the left... with a 250w MH for veg and a 400w HPS for flower.

To continue. me and winkster decided to expand the rooms.. the closet would now become 100% flower room, and we were framing a new vegetative room.

The size i decided to use was.. 2.5' x 4.5' x 8' we went to home depot bought 2x3's and angle brackets and screws, a new 4' flourecent ligthing with a cool white and a daylight deluxe bulb..

now this is where my tricky parts come to explaining the room..
me and winkster want our veg room to do a few things, 3 purposes technically...

We've always wanted to keep some mothers around, were intrigued by genetics and are inclined to learn more. However we knew we needed a place for mothers. Our older room was so small that we were only recycling the strain.. rather than keeping a mother.

(A)-So purpose number one will be for the housing of mothers... and how im going to do this.. is put up a shelf for the mothers to rest on. and have the long 4' flouro adjusted over the toped mothers there for cloning, and possibly even flowering when we need room for a new mother. this requires me to put the flouro a bit further back in the room.rather than centered where it is at right now..

We want to be able to have 4 clones or seedlings ready for the flower room the minute we harvest and clean the mediums/tub. We also love using our 250w mh for our plants we're putting into flower,, the benefits of MH seem so nice, the vegetative growth seems happier under the mH and seem a lot bushier (i beleive thats what they do) anyway.. i want to also hang the MH in the room a bit more toward the left side rather than right.. hanging above our old tray and table that easily holds four 8" pots.

(B)-So purpose two is to have a MH light hung for the vegetative group ready to hit the flower stage next. vegetating under our old table setup. (kind of like im just moviung the exact flower room we had into this bigger room)

lets face it cloning scares me and probably others. not technically scary, but i find myself medicating more because the anxiety is higher :smokin:
well i am a fan of having a clean workplace and plenty of room to move around, so the left part of the room will hold the cloning and seedling tent.

(C)-So purpose three is to have the right sideof the room dedicated to the seedling and clones.

With all of this in mind i will go draw the pictures, upload pictures and give explanations on what im ttrying to design. until then Cheers - Vague :ganjamon:

alright first three pictures are the diagrams i drew to explain myself and the room.

design.JPG

des1.JPG

design2.JPG

these three are the framing of the room... first ones blurry i know, but i had to
stand outside of the bedroom to get a complete picture... u can kinda see the white fluro hanging already.
room12.jpg

this one is me inside the framing, looking at the new flower room, old veg room (hehe vegging the secrets of mine and winks
soon to come second grow journal!
room22.jpg

and this is a picture of the bottom front left corner.
room31.jpg

i still have to get black/white poly wrap to cover it all, i need the shelf too.
we have enough mylar to cover the inside, which im still debating on, thatws a lot
of work laying out mylar, that white poly can do. expecially for veg im not super conserned.

ill be taking pictures as new steps are added and as the plants make their new nesting.

thanks all, any advice comments or thoughts are always welcome

cheers :ganjamon: vague

Heat rises. I would flip things around and use the MH up top and the floros and moms underneath. Otherwise your going to have a lot of hot air going past those mother plants. Another option is for you to seal the area where the mothers are from the lower section and vent seperately but that requires more equipment and fans which means more noise and money.

yeah i agree with you there.. but dont the bulbs not cause too much heat?? we have a 250w mh sunburst series lamp. hydrogarden i beleive? and were thinking about wiring the ballast to outside the room to eliminate the heat prob.

the reason id also like it that accesible is for the reason to raise it easier.. but then to contradict myself... if we took the ballast out it would also be easier to raise it if it where higher... hmmmm racefan, youve sent me back to the drawing board.. heh i love it.. im gunna:bong:some ckali mist and draw something new up.. the rooms still a frame.. so the impossible is still possible!!!

cheers. vague

hey guys, so we decided to gut out our sunburst lamp.. and put a 250w HPS in it for the flowerinf room. we got a 2x4 floodtable in the flowering room now... and a new reflector for our 250mh. we wired the ballast to be put outside of the grow room for the veg. MH so hopfully that reduces most of the heat that has to fly up by the mothers. ive got pics i need to upload them. i work soon but will try and get them to yall.

cheers. vague

Back
Top Bottom