Grow room insulation need advice

Staypuff702

Hey guys first post here and I'm a newbie. I have a room in a house that's 11x12 with 9 1/2 ft ceilings. I would like to insulate the room. it has standard home construction, insulation in attic but none in the walls except the exterior walls. I plan on using irblock on all the walls and ceiling also lining it with panda liner. Any ideas?
Also one more question in regards to insulating the door. Will the foam stuff from HD for door jams be enough? Or should I build some secondary barrier before the door inside the room. I am planning on having all the proper air circulation, filters, and stand alone ac seperate from the home. Sorry for the long post. I appreciate the info.

Ill try and find a link but search for hiker or buckshot they used a foam insulation two layers with an airlock in the middle and wrapped in foil. The name escapes me but they love the stuff.

Thanks for the info. Didn't find anything on those key words but after doing a bit of research I believe I'll use this poly foam sheet that HD has. It's covered by a metallic like film on both sides. It's used for insulating the outside walls of a home before stucco.

As far as the door goes. I need to keep the odors in the room and not venting into the home. I was thinking of using the panda liner and creating a wall with a zipper type entry after walking in the regular door. Any thoughts? Will this even work? In advance thanks guys.

just went through that, had trouble with door too, was sucking air like crazy, i went with double door action, outside door swings out
and inside door swings in, both are fitted tight with oversized rubber all around inside door, panda on all with 2" foam board on back of inside door, it looks overkill but is not, fits like a glove and now works perfect, i insulated walls, R-30 on the lid, moisture barrior withpanda film on lid and walls over all of it, as for zipper i'd ditch it for overlapping, works better for me, always have trouble with those zippers!!

just went through that, had trouble with door too, was sucking air like crazy, i went with double door action, outside door swings out
and inside door swings in, both are fitted tight with oversized rubber all around inside door, panda on all with 2" foam board on back of inside door, it looks overkill but is not, fits like a glove and now works perfect, i insulated walls, R-30 on the lid, moisture barrior withpanda film on lid and walls over all of it, as for zipper i'd ditch it for overlapping, works better for me, always have trouble with those zippers!!

Thanks for the advice. Was thinking along the same double door. Was looking at those sound studio doors when I visit my friend at his studio and you walk in seems like a vacume opening and closing the door. But their pricey.

Back
Top Bottom