Grow Room Light Switch Enigma - A Stoner's Puzzle

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
What we know: There is a grow room containing three HID bulbs, each connected to a light switch outside the room. When I close the door, it is impossible to see inside. Your job is to figure out which light is turned on by which of the three switches outside of the grow room. You are allowed to go into the grow room only once.

The enigma: How do you know which HID bulb is turned on by which switch?

I will give +10 rep points to anyone who gets it right.

Ahh, nothing like a good stoner puzzle....

1. Turn switch #1 on. Keep it on for a while, and then turn it off.
2. Immediately after turning #1 off, turn switch #2 on.
3. Go into the grow room and touch the two lights that are off.

The warm bulb is controlled by switch #1. The bulb that is on is controlled by switch #2. The cold bulb is controlled by switch #3.

:bongrip: Peace

damn MsRedEye, you beat me to it. But i have a different solution that won't burn your hands.

1. Turn switch 1 on, leave it for a few minutes.
2. Turn switch 2 on and immediately go into the room.
3. Look at the bulbs.

the bulb that is off is switch 3, the bulb that is at full intensity is at switch 1 and the one that is just warming up is on switch 2

But really why would it matter, just flip all the bulbs on and grow.

^^^ LOL

This reminded me of some of my fondest memories smoking. When I was younger a bunch of us would go canoeing on the Au Sable River in northern Michigan. We would build a campfire along the banks of the river, get high and solve brain teasers/riddles. Good times....

Ahh, nothing like a good stoner puzzle....

1. Turn switch #1 on. Keep it on for a while, and then turn it off.
2. Immediately after turning #1 off, turn switch #2 on.
3. Go into the grow room and touch the two lights that are off.

The warm bulb is controlled by switch #1. The bulb that is on is controlled by switch #2. The cold bulb is controlled by switch #3.

Yup^^:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom