Grow room setup & gardening expert network for needy patients?

It seems to me that there is a need for a network designed to put gardening and grow room setup experts in contact with patients who are willing to grow themselves, but who need help in doing so.

I have done this a couple of times now, offered to do it a few more, and just recently had another request from a cancer patient who can't afford what the oil would cost them, but who would be able to grow in her basement if someone could help her set up and get going.

Does anyone know if there is an active network like this out there in the cancer support or medical cannabis world, and if it is in operation in non-legal states?

re: Grow room setup & gardening expert network for needy patients?

Model it on An(g)ies List, only for cannabis cultivation. :slide: :laugh:

I'd love nothing more than to spend my retirement years consulting about cannabis cultivation and processing! :love:

I myself cannot afford the cost for the medical cannabis. I am 63 yo and so saddened that after high hopes to get help for medical issues, I cannot even pay for the high prices they charge here in N.Fl. I so would love to know how I could grow just ONE HOUSE PLANT FOR MYSELF. How would I get help to do this if possible? I would very much appreciate any help from someone that knows how to grow with their expertize. Thank you so much.:thanks:

I myself cannot afford the cost for the medical cannabis. I am 63 yo and so saddened that after high hopes to get help for medical issues, I cannot even pay for the high prices they charge here in N.Fl. I so would love to know how I could grow just ONE HOUSE PLANT FOR MYSELF. How would I get help to do this if possible? I would very much appreciate any help from someone that knows how to grow with their expertize. Thank you so much.:thanks:

Hi SheRod... this is exactly what I was getting at. Someone in your area, a grow expert, should be available to come to your home and evaluate your situation. An expert could show you how to set up a room to do what you need, and help you to evaluate your budget to see how best for you to economically do this. I have done this several times here in the midwest, and have helped to get these patients up to speed, growing their own. Once setup has been done, I make home visits at least once a week for a while to watch the grow and make recommendations when/if things go wrong. I am a phone call away for these patients, and I feel strongly that if someone is willing to grow their own to save their life or that of someone they love, they should not be stopped by physical or knowledge or even equipment limitations. If I can help, I do... and I have given away a lot of plants and equipment the last few years to make this happen, and I have taught a few the basics of gardening as we went along. If we ever get over the legal hurdle here where I live, I also plan on teaching a weed gardening class for seniors... those people who need this medicine the most. I am not interested in teaching kids how to grow recreational or commercial pot, but someone with a medical need will always get my help.

So what is your situation? If you had a step by step guide, do you think you could do it? Are you willing to work with heavy plant containers and haul water, or do you need something easier than that? How much space do you have to deal with, and what does your budget look like?

Do they allow you to grow it legally for Medical where you live? Few States allow you to grow your own even when legal for recreational (Oregon allows you 4 plants for personal use), but hopefully that keeps changing with the times in more and more States.

I just asked a very similar question on an mmj mi thread today. It seems to me that even doing things on a small scale quickly becomes cost prohibitive here in my area of MI where 1 in 6 or worse are unemployed and/or can't get the help they need.

I commend you on your efforts Emilya and hope to follow your example here if I can find a way before I go blind.

Sent from my C6743 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Couldn't agree more. Your too cool post should have Louis Armstrong singin', "What a Wonderful World" ,in the background...

No, it is not legal to grow even for medical. I have to do what I have to do b/c it certainly is not like it used to be ,to
purchase like the good ole'days "_"

Have you been able to get the information and resources you need to grow your own?

This site is an amazing place.

No, it is not legal to grow even for medical. I have to do what I have to do b/c it certainly is not like it used to be ,to
purchase like the good ole'days "_"
There are many people in this same situation, and the way I look at it, if these desperate patients are willing to take the risk, set up a place and pay the bills... then I am perfectly able and willing to play mentor until they get it all figured out or even go as far as show up every few days to check up on things and water... all I ask for in most cases is expenses, and in some cases not even that... and oftentimes I find that I am giving away a piece of equipment I have upgraded and no longer need. Karma is extremely important in this cannabis world, especially in not-yet-legal states, and it is extremely important to pay it forward every chance you get.
Kudos to those others who feel as I do, and who try to help in every little way they can. Every little bit of good you do in this world, DOES make a difference.

It seems to me that there is a need for a network designed to put gardening and grow room setup experts in contact with patients who are willing to grow themselves, but who need help in doing so.

I have done this a couple of times now, offered to do it a few more, and just recently had another request from a cancer patient who can't afford what the oil would cost them, but who would be able to grow in her basement if someone could help her set up and get going.

Does anyone know if there is an active network like this out there in the cancer support or medical cannabis world, and if it is in operation in non-legal states?

One of my missions in life is to help people. I would volunteer to do something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

What a kind and wonderful idea, Emilya. I'm an old fart with a few more oldies that grow and share the fruit s of our labor. But now you got m thinking how to supplement my other incomes. We will be known as the pot whisperers.... wish me luck, and thanks

We need a website sorta like care.Com with reviews and background checks, there will always be people trying to make profit in a dishonest way when a new thing like this comes along. There would be people casing houses for cancer meds as soon as the app or site came online. You could help protect people from this by offering free background checks and let people post reviews of the people giving grow set up advice.

Back
Top Bottom