Grow Room Suggestions

Dexter4Morgan

I have an area in my basement already built out 10 feet wide by 22 feet long.

I'll get a drawing up in a day or so with details.

Live in a northern climate state, it gets cold but not insanely cold

Door on the long side
One short side wall on the outside
One long side wall on the outside

One furnace register/ opening going into room

Biggest obstacle is trying to get heat in the room. Cranked the heat up to 76 in the house tonight and put a thermometer that reads high low temp and humidity to see the results.

Venting with filter either to the dryer exhaust with a baffle or out into crawl space. Thought about venting up the chimney through the hot water heater pipe but read some people think that or through furnace exhaust is a bad idea.

Thoughts on venting ?

Then drawing in fresh air in the winter is a challenge also. Ideas ?

Thank you for any and all input

pics are worth more than gold.

Biggest obstacle is trying to get heat in the room. Cranked the heat up to 76 in the house tonight and put a thermometer that reads high low temp and humidity to see the results.

Thoughts on venting ?
How many watts of lighting , and what kind of lights are you going to run? how many plants? how much of the 220 sq feet will be grow area?

I have an area in my basement already built out 10 feet wide by 22 feet long.

I'll get a drawing up in a day or so with details.

Live in a northern climate state, it gets cold but not insanely cold

Door on the long side
One short side wall on the outside
One long side wall on the outside

One furnace register/ opening going into room

Venting with filter either to the dryer exhaust with a baffle or out into crawl space. Thought about venting up the chimney through the hot water heater pipe but read some people think that or through furnace exhaust is a bad idea.

Thoughts on venting ?

Then drawing in fresh air in the winter is a challenge also. Ideas ?

Thank you for any and all input

Some great info here, though it doesn't answer all of your questions:

Controlling heat in the grow room - Greentrees Hydroponics

Sounds to me like you might want to try venting up the chimney to see how it works for you. I mean, it might work in your home, so why not go for it? If it doesn't work, you can always finish out the grow and try something new the next time.

here's some other advice I would pass along:

*Get your temperatures under control now. Maybe you need to insulate the room a bit better to make sure the it stays warm. How is the insulation in the room?

*Drawing in fresh air is tricky. Is there any way to bring this in from the outside?

Getting things in place now before you start your grow is essential. Sounds like you know that though.

Been looking at radiant space heater and found what I think is a good one from Lasko at the Mart.

I really dont want to drill a hole in the chimney since the furnace and hot water heater are vented in there now. Might let it blow into the basement or run more ducting to the crawl space.

I live in the Northern climate so fresh air in the winter will be a challenge.

Temps in the room have gotten down to 63 lately. One heat vent is going in there now. There is another heat vent going to a room above I'm going to looking into diverting into the room.

I'm not bringing in any plants until everything is set. Still gotta get shit out of the room as it is LOL

i have my exhaust fan on a temp control switch. when growing with no smell, it keeps the room's light cool and shuts down at a temp under lights on ambient temp. when we are flowering and smelling, the fan runs 24/7 so it does seep thru house.

totally finished drywall with insulation flat white paint if your not using mylar or the panda stuff...will keep the cold air out and the warm air in alot better

also if its cold outside the concrete floor in your basement will be cold as well,,,try to keep your plants raised off the floor (milk crate, phone book, block of wood/etc) as too cold of temps to the roots will definately stunt growth

Back
Top Bottom