Grow room temp?

I moved to a hot climate and my tent got around 90 at times its fine but not ideal. Make sure you have some oscillating fans and open the tent up a couple times a day if you cant help it

hello Richard Richardson could you please explain why you need higher temps with l.e.d.`s ?

i just set up two in my grow room max temp 29.5`C min 21`C . i ask as these lights are new to me i`ve only had them two weeks.

must say also the plants are doing fantastic well pleased so far.

appreciate your knowledge sir.

regards

Hi Improvise,

Those temperatures look good.

The important thing for the plants to do is transpire (sweat). When they transpire, they suck up water and grow fast. Transpiration is responsible for 90% of a plant's water uptake; Respiration (burning food) and Photosynthesis (making food) use the other 10%.

Grow room temperatures using HID lamps must be cooler because HID lights radiate lots of infra red in their spectrum, which warms up the leaves, making them transpire. With LEDs, we must supply the extra heat energy to the grow room, so that our leaves get warm enough to transpire.

This is also why you should have at least 2 fans in your grow room. I have a fan on the floor blowing up and one oscillating tower fan blowing the air around. And good extraction with a carbon filter.

Always measure your grow room temperature at canopy level :thumb:

Hi if you happen to live in a hot climate causing grow room temps to continuously high and to hard to control, one type of strain actually thrives in hot temps, it is indica either the hash or another type as the higher temps actually cause them to put out more tryclomes ending in a higher level of sticky buds. this is because they originate from much hotter climates to begin with, stay green and enjoy your harvest.:goodluck:

yo my G....

Personally id say it too high for my liking. But have heard alot of things about it being beneficial to have high temp if you have decent ventilation and CO2 enrichment. If iu have a small grow id say 100% invest in exhale co2 bag, mine are loving it :) optiminun ive gatherd is around 23/26.C for flowering .

To be honest aswell i was very suprised with the heat output of LED 's ... they advertised as giving off no heat but my 160cmx80cm space is raised 7.5'c with 600w led .... kinda fuked me off abit , ow well haha

also id try ur best to lower the temp, but if u cant DONT stress and work with what u have got , the best way u can !!

peace

Back
Top Bottom