Grow Room

cearp

I need the blueprints/directions to make an outdoor inclosure out off wood that will properly grow for me. All venting and stuff like that so I know I will have a good harvest and a proper grow spot

Rad idea.

Here's a few links that might help:

Materials for outdoor grow room?

I would imagine that building a shed would work too, so long as you're not calling too much attention to it. I wouldn't do it, but that would be pretty awesome. The only thing I'm doing right now is changing out my ballasts to the Advanced Nutrients Bad Ass ones. I admit that saying that my grow room is bad ass makes me laugh.

but back to you - security is your biggest concern, followed closely by insulation.

good luck!

I would say you should look into getting a pre-built or pre-fab shed for one very important reason - it will just look like a regular shed. The more unique your shed is, the longer people will look at it. You want people to glance, see a shed like any other shed, and not give it a second thought.

So a generic, ordinary shed would be what you'll want. Then you need to make it light-tight, supply power, and so on without raising suspicion. Also keep in mind what you're bringing in and out, when, and who might see it. You don't want to go lugging your bottles of Advanced Nutrients inside while the neighbor is looking, right?

You might think about getting a large grow tent for inside. That would allow you to solve the light-tight question as well as letting you get into the shed without exposing the plants to outside light or prying eyes to the artificial light inside.

You'll probably need an A/C to cool it. If you insulate and seal the inside of the shed with a tent inside you could use it as a lung room and vent the heat put off by the A/C outside the shed through one of it's built-in vents (usually near the crest of the roof on both ends).

Here's a video about Lung Rooms... good stuff here.

YouTube - ‪hs 53 leds and lung rooms‬‏

That's how I would build it if it were up to me. The key to keeping the electric bill down would be to make sure the shed is well insulated so the A/C doesn't have to run too much.

I would say you should look into getting a pre-built or pre-fab shed for one very important reason - it will just look like a regular shed. The more unique your shed is, the longer people will look at it. You want people to glance, see a shed like any other shed, and not give it a second thought.

So a generic, ordinary shed would be what you'll want. Then you need to make it light-tight, supply power, and so on without raising suspicion. Also keep in mind what you're bringing in and out, when, and who might see it. You don't want to go lugging your bottles of Advanced Nutrients inside while the neighbor is looking, right?

You might think about getting a large grow tent for inside. That would allow you to solve the light-tight question as well as letting you get into the shed without exposing the plants to outside light or prying eyes to the artificial light inside.

You'll probably need an A/C to cool it. If you insulate and seal the inside of the shed with a tent inside you could use it as a lung room and vent the heat put off by the A/C outside the shed through one of it's built-in vents (usually near the crest of the roof on both ends).

Here's a video about Lung Rooms... good stuff here.

YouTube - ‪hs 53 leds and lung rooms‬‏

That's how I would build it if it were up to me. The key to keeping the electric bill down would be to make sure the shed is well insulated so the A/C doesn't have to run too much.

Nice share - thanks for the video!

Thanks. The more I've been thinking about it since I posted it the more I like the idea.

If my shed weren't so close to some nosy neighbors I would seriously think about doing that myself.

Back
Top Bottom