Grow Rooms 101- Growing With CFL

ChanChan203

Hey guys I'm back!! Sorry it been so long between hospital visits and family problems Ivery life yanking me every which way I noticed my past thread about ventilation has over 1K views which Is great you all have asked many questions which makes me happy I love helping people learn how to grow this medicine! So this week's topic is growing with CFL I get many many questions on growing with CFL what wattage what color what kind.

So what is a CFL it is a compact florescent bulb much like a t5 which is just a regular fluorescent bulb but how do these to and there big Brothers MH and HPS compare?

So to start today I'm going to go over wattage cfl comparison to regular metal halide and high pressure sodium bulbs
420-magazine-mobile113391020.jpg

As u can see it takes alot of CFL bulbs to create same output as would get with a actual grow light but it can be done?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey guys it wenseday and it time for next addition to this thread! So since we now know that CFL lights can be used for growing and that they are not best option let talk about pros of CFL grows in my personal experiences in growing with CFL they work ok for small grows and indicate plants because they don't have best light penetration I used a 250 watt self ballast CFL bulb on may cabinet grows and loved it can with a reflective wing hood on amazon under 100 dollars I usually grew 4 plants up to about 1 foot to 2 foot tall with it and it could been running all day and never get to hot actually in winter time when it was on kept that cabinet perfect tempature

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom