Grow shed design - Help me!

Thanks for the link Jedthedog, I will certainly be looking into those, if I can run multiple mini splits then that would be ideal.

Anthocyanin - First off, awesome name, I have considered vertical lighting, but I think this set up will work best with overhead lighting. Well, I have considered vertical lighting in other designs and things but not this room, so maybe I will have to revisit that idea and see where it leads me, thanks for a reminder!

-Vape

Hey all,

Sorry for being away for so long, had the holiday's and some other things that I had to attend to. Here is the update!

Shed design is fully complete, and we are starting construction! The foundation is ready to be poured, just doing some plumbing for power and water and then we will pour the concrete and start working on the walls. We did go with the 12x16 exterior dimensions. I am taking my flowering room down just a touch and making it a 12x11 room, which makes my drying room just a bit bigger. Should be completed within the next 2 weeks or so, so more updates and pictures to come.

Also, decided to change up my lighting a bit. I will be using 3 DE Gavita HPS lights and 3 315w CMH lights for supplemental lighting. I will also add a UVB light that I will have turn on intermittently, and I'll set it up so that I can move it around the grow room for a little extra THC/resin production.

20161225_120330.jpg

Cheers!

-Vape

Hey all!

Still waiting on the concrete pour, the weather here has been absolutely brutal, hoping to pour next week. Once the concrete is poured, I will post an update, and things should move quicker after that!

-Vape

Wow, time flies when you are in the Northwest, and snow decides to shut down your plans. Everyone loses their shit when there is snow, and that delayed my concrete considerably, as my shed was a small fish job in a big lake of backed up concrete pours.

Anyhoo......

Here is the concrete poured, and the walls are being constructed and should be put up in the next few days! Finally some observable progress!~
20170207_090036.jpg

Sorry this is taking so long guys and gals, but trust me the end result will be worth it!

-Vape

Alright time for some updates! Got the shed built (finally) :high-five: so now just working on the inside, getting electrical all set up and soon to spray the walls with a spray foam kit for insulation. Getting bids on AC, so nice to be in a state where I can contact a professional company and tell them exactly what I am doing and not even getting a second glance for it!

Anyways, here are some pics of the shed built and hopefully will have AC and insulation taken care of in the next 2 weeks.

20170211_201027.jpg

20170211_200955.jpg

Until next time!

-Vapeman

You've built a great looking grow space... Haven't used a 630 watt, only the 315 watt. How much finished weight will it take to meet your expectations, and how long will a grow take... How many grows do you want in a year? Myself, I expect to be able to run 3 120 day, in place, veg and flower grows... Plant limits are a bitch.... Your yield will seem less impressive, the longer it takes.... I can't see the practicality of growing out door size plants, indoors.. I believe a 315w lec, alone, could do a lb [1.4gpw] in 120 days, in a 32"x32" scrog screen..

I agree with you Dr. Fish. But I believe he previously mentioned the plants will be placed in the room already at a good big size. This will just be for flowering indoors. Now that I think about this, it does make me a bit nervous as an issue with pests is sure to arise when you bring in plants from another site. Although pests are likely to be an issue eventually anyways. I like seeing the nice construction.

What do your neighbors think of your new shed? This looks like it will be the kindest shed around. ;)

Man this project has been the most delayed project I have ever been a part of. Was originally started in November of 2016. Weather has set me back, ordering equipment has had set backs, basically every single thing has had a set back on this build, but I am close now!

AC guy is coming to install the AC tomorrow, once that is in, I will spray my insulation (got Foam It Green!, which was lost by the shipping company for about 2 weeks, seriously every single piece of this build was delayed, but.....moving on) in and then I can start mounting lights and then hooking up all the other equipment.

I got an 8 light Titan controller, Titan CO2 monitor, 20 lb Co2 tanks, nice dehumidifier, I can wait to get them all set up!

Jose - Thanks, I actually took out the dry room and made the flower room that much bigger. I decided that the plants I was going to grow wouldn't fit into that space, so I will be drying in the main room, which does set me back about 7 to 10 days in my harvests. The nice thing is, is that I have someone else vegging my plants, and I will just be in charge of flowering them, so I don't have to wait very long, I can have harvests every 2 months + 10 day dry and cut.

Weaselcracker - I have 1 drain in the upper left corner of my room, I will grab a pic in the next few days as I get it all cleaned up and ready to spray the insulation in.

For now, I will leave you with a pic from my outdoor adventure last season, this Las Vegas Purple Kush is a dream to smoke!

20161010_115818.jpg

Cheers!

-Vape

Cookie man - funny you should mention neighbors. The house right next to ours has been a foreclosure for a few years, and we just bought our home about 1 year ago. The thing finally sold and I was out doing a little blasting for some hash oil out in the shed and the new neighbors showed up, I still don't have paint on the outside so they know it is new.

I was in the shed and keeping a low profile since I was blasting, and I heard the wife say "what do you think that shed is for" (this shed is freaking huge for my area, I live in suburbia and a 16 x 12 shed isn't your typical sized shed :) ) and the husband says, "maybe it's for a grow" and then the wife says "well that would be cool" and then they poke around a little more outside in their yard and then go in.

I had a huge smile on my face during their whole conversation. I still haven't met them yet (this happened about a week ago) but I feel like we are going to get along just fine!

-Vape

Dr. Fish - I will have 3 1000w DE Gavita's, 2 CMH 630w from Dimlux, and I have a XML 650 LED, I am hoping to get 2 lbs per plant (ill have 6 plants) although probably settling for 8 lbs the first run while I get things optimized.

Really looking forward to having the build done and finally getting to what I love most, GROWING!

-Vape

Dr. Fish - I will have 3 1000w DE Gavita's, 2 CMH 630w from Dimlux, and I have a XML 650 LED, I am hoping to get 2 lbs per plant (ill have 6 plants) although probably settling for 8 lbs the first run while I get things optimized.

Really looking forward to having the build done and finally getting to what I love most, GROWING!
-Vape

A good, solid, 8' indica in a 40 gallon tub under a 1000w Gavita will pull 2.5lbs. if(!) vegged to about 5' before flower. I've seen a single plant do +3.5lbs. The caveat: DE bulbs need about 36" between bulb & plant top or the plants tend to get fried by the radiation. If you do 6, 8' plants under 6 Gavita 1000 HPS's, you'll get your 2lbs/plant pretty easily. The way you're doing it now, I'd say about 7lbs., mean room average. If you ran a huge, room size SCROG net, 8, maybe 9#. Yield isn't per plant, ever. It's per watt. Then it boils down to how efficient the grow is. I'd trash the CMH, myself. Nobody I know that runs big likes them, (in fact afom recently bought 10x 315w CMH & junked them after one run. Too wimpy.) and one more Gavita 1k will yield more, ft2, & use less power. A Gavita 1kw with proper ceiling height is good for about 7'x7' prime. Per watt there's nothing but the newest, cutting edge $3000++ vertical LED setups even coming close to touching it. Very cool project man! ..

Thanks Gonzo,

I have been told to go this way, that way, and every way when it comes to the lighting of this room. I am going to roll with what I have for a grow or two and see what I can get. If I am seeing the Gavita's are where it is at, I'll switch, or the the CMH produce some wicked buds, I might switch over to all CMH. I like your 7 lb estimate, that is what I will be shooting for on my first run with this. Obviously it will take some time to get it dialed in perfectly.

-Vape

Getting into the final stretch now. Spray in foam insulation is 75% complete, I just have to put up a few walls and then spray the rest and I will be ready to grow!

20170401_212523.jpg

Getting some Girl Scout Cookies and Rugburn OG x Chemdog, so these should be some diesel smelling fire!

-Vape

Back
Top Bottom