Grow shed design - Help me!

And here it is Panda film lined and everything! Man that took some work! and I am about 99% of the way done, just have to arrange the lights exactly how I want them and a few little things, but the plants are in there and I am growing!

20170410_193725.jpg

The entire project probably cost me $16k, so now I gotta start growing some super dank to offset the cost!

-Vape

Hey Vapeman, I started following along when you started but haven't had the time to stop by for a bit. Looks great!

It's a ton of work isn't it? I know... doing something very similar myself. I've been working on it when I get home from work and sometimes through the night for the past month because I am building around my current grow that i had in tents inside, but i recently moved. It's been a challenge to say the least. All my plants are in flower so I can't disturb the light schedule, plus trying mantain the environment and oder while working is a bitch lol.
I'm in a shed too and it's in the 80's-90's here now. Just got the ac in last night and this morning. I'm taking a break lol.

I had a couple questions for you. I'm assuming your shed is sealed and you are supplementing with CO2. What are you doing for oder control? Are you just scrubing the air inside or are you venting an entry room through a carbon filter? I was curious about how you were dealing with odor leak from opening the door. I've changed my mind a few times and looking for other ideas. I built a two room box inside of a very large shed. One room is for veg and one for flower. Well insulated and wraped in plastic, inside and out. I have a 4'×4' tent that will be the drying room.

Very nice job. I'm sure you are happy that it is finished.

So damn happy to have it finished, and it is really about 95% finished, still have to seal up a few tiny spots and paint the exterior.

It is sealed and I have a huge 10"x25" carbon filter attached to a hurricane blower that filters the room constantly for me. Hoping that will cover me for a while, if not and the smell gets out of the shed, well, then I will likely have a few new friends from the neighborhood coming over!

In all seriousness I hope to contain the smell, but we shall see how this works. I do have a 5x5 entry that I come into, and put on my tyvek suit and then get to work. The 5x5 entry is sealed from the other room, so it acts as my "decontamination chamber" before I head into the grow room.

-Vape

Oh man, life can really throw you for a loop sometimes huh? My wife secretly did not want this shed to happen and once it was built decided to grab our kid and leave the home. Now I am faced with giving up my passion for growing, and having my family back. Freaking sucks big time, but I know what I need to do.

Hopefully you all can grow some super dank for me, as it looks like I am shutting down the operation. Guess this will become my gym or possibly an air b&b.

Ugh.

-Vape

Oh man, life can really throw you for a loop sometimes huh? My wife secretly did not want this shed to happen and once it was built decided to grab our kid and leave the home. Now I am faced with giving up my passion for growing, and having my family back. Freaking sucks big time, but I know what I need to do.

Hopefully you all can grow some super dank for me, as it looks like I am shutting down the operation. Guess this will become my gym or possibly an air b&b.

Ugh.

-Vape

Wow, I am really sorry for you. Did your wife not tell you no before you started? Can you scale it back and just grow a smaller amount? That is some serious shit. I think I would consider leaving my wife if she pulled this on me. She should have Said something before he finished it

Frustrated is a very mild term for what I am feeling! The thing is, is she works for a lumber company and sent me to her people to get the lumber for the shed, and that was back in December. So how things went from her being on board, to her telling me no smoking and no growing is beyond me. She has stated that CPS would back her up and that she would get custody of our daughter, that really fired me up!

I spent the last 3 weeks in a real deep shock and depression, but I just realized about 2 days ago, that without her bitching and being around her, I am actually happier! So I might have to go through a shitty divorce, but I hope to be in a better place once it is all done! I will likely stop smoking and growing (at the house :thumb: ) until things are settled, but I love this amazing healing plant, and if she can't get on board with that then........ adios!~

-Vape

Back
Top Bottom