Grow Tent Help Needed!

The passive vents have flaps that cover the vents holes and block light.
We have our tent in a closet and close the closet during dark period to keep light out of the tent.

The passive vents have flaps that cover the vents holes and block light.
We have our tent in a closet and close the closet during dark period to keep light out of the tent.
Any chance you have some pictures? I'm not sure I understand how that would work

So if a tent has the vent open to let air in, it also allows light in if the room it is in is lit up?
Don't they have a design to allow air in but not light so it can be used properly? I would have thought this would be a problem for most people without having to make sure you can isolate the tent away from any possible light while the plants are in their dark period.
Hmmmmm I may need to rethink getting one as it will be difficult to keep it away from light for 12 hours during flower. I may have to build another box

420-magazine-mobile1775696068.jpg
420-magazine-mobile312444884.jpg
420-magazine-mobile178018263.jpg

So this is mine still waiting on my carbon filter but that's it my intake has a couple bends in it to stop light going in and also the flap I keep open for when my lights out I have my exhaust off at this time as it would get too cold in there as its winter here atm and just my oscillating fan going 24/7 all my other flaps are closed . just the one against the wall so no light goes in if I do use the room but I have it timed so I'm home lights on and work lights off so room doesn't get used anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

We're getting ready to start another grow now.
Hope to get everything set up and seeds planted today. I can take detailed pics of our tent and how we have ours done. If you'd like.

Elbow is the ticket. I have read of people using a elbow in the passive intake and painting the inside black for extra protection. With elbow bent enough dunno if painting is needed.

In my signature is few photos of my room, which happens to have a main growing area of 3x3. I need to add another led to the mix, 1 isn't enough.

I will add a tent to my spot for clone/seed veg time. Everything is under my stairs and locked. I will have to move my inline fan outside of my room when i get a tent, but that's no big deal.

We're getting ready to start another grow now.
Hope to get everything set up and seeds planted today. I can take detailed pics of our tent and how we have ours done. If you'd like.
That would be great! I really like seeing other peoples setups, it gives me ideas for my own grow.
Elbow is the ticket. I have read of people using a elbow in the passive intake and painting the inside black for extra protection. With elbow bent enough dunno if painting is needed.

In my signature is few photos of my room, which happens to have a main growing area of 3x3. I need to add another led to the mix, 1 isn't enough.

I will add a tent to my spot for clone/seed veg time. Everything is under my stairs and locked. I will have to move my inline fan outside of my room when i get a tent, but that's no big deal.
I have done as you describe in the box I built to house my grow. I used pvc pipe with vents on either end and painted it black inside but I still get light leaks, just not enough to cause any issues. I get more light leaking out of it than what comes in. Plus if you think about it, plants outside naturally get light at night from the moon and any other lights around at the time. So I think a little is ok, especially if its not directly on the plants

Back
Top Bottom