Grow tent help

Tdog11

I plan on growing the legal limit of 6 plants indoors where I live. My best option would be using grow tents. I'm thinking the smartest thing would to have 3 in flower and 3 in veg. What would be the best size tent to do that from my research 2 4x4 or 1 4x8 about 6 or7 foot tall tent that has a middle wall would work. Is there a better option? I want a nice grow. Any recommended tent or brands? What size would you go with? Would it be better to keep all six on the same veg and flower cycle? I want the most production.

My next concern is lighting I think I'm going to use led lights for flower and florecent or cfl for veg maybe led all around. Again from what I read for a good yeid I should have 50watts per square foot. And I go of the actual consumed watts of the led not the total watts is that correct? What are some good let light brands? What ones would you use for my setup?

Last thing is I'm planning on having a box fan on the plants. As well as a 6 in exhaust and a 6 in intake this should be about all I need for the grow room set up right? Besides soil pots drain pans nutes ECT. Any other tips or advice welcome this will be my second grow if my first closet grow turns out. Thanks a bunch!

Did you want a perpetual grow or just grow all from seed to harvest in the one tent?

If you grow from seed to harvest then a single 4x4 should work for 6 plants, or 4x8 if you want heaps of room (that's 2'x2.5' for each plant), which would also mean you could veg them out for longer.

A perpetual would mean you'd need either 2 tents or try to find a tent with atleast 2 separate areas (there's a secret jardin tent like that, not sure if anyone else does them). If you've got the room I'm sure most people would recommend a perpetual. If you went the perpetual route you could try your 3 veg and 3 flower or even 2 seed/clone, 2 veg, 2 flower and cycle them every 4-6 weeks.

As for lights I'm pretty much a noob myself so I'll leave that one up to other peoples to reply.

I'm thinking a perpetual grow is what I want. 2 seed 2 veg and 2 flower sounds nice. So I'm thinking I will get 2 tents one that can fit and flower 2 plants with a good yeild. And one that can veg up to 2 or 4 if I need to move seedlings in. What size tents would u recommend for flower and veg 2x2 2x4? What's some well know brands? Thanks for the advice!

Go big if you have the room - You need to be able to get in there and turn the plant and rotate it etc. I have a clone tent with 16 plants in 1 gallon air pots - My view is 3.5 sft per plant (veg and Clone) and 9sft per plant flowering (3' plus stem with toped about 3 foot wide) makes your life and the plant a lot more happier. You can always keep them close but when you need to spread them out - you will really appreciate the room.
**Lights I have switched to LED and so far love it - However learned the hard way - Stay at 450 w or higher with dual switches (Veg/Flower) I have a box of the smaller ones i can use in my garage as accent lighting! dont believe what you read in the description of the power - the only accurate descriptions are from users, be careful of the marketing of power on LED's but for Tents they really help with temperature control

I'll be running under 10 plants myself, and even though I haven't got my own tent setup done yet I'll personally be having a 2x2x4 for seeds/veg and a 3x3x6 for flowering. I'm using a Gorilla Grow Tent for the 3x3 and a different cheaper one for veg (I wanted a Gorilla Shorty tent but can't get them here). I would have liked a 4x4 for flower but am limited on space.

New to the tent thing myself. Got a Mars "300w" reflector 48 with 2x2 tent on ebay for @ $175 US. Started 3 from seed in fabric pots for air pruning of roots. My opinion? Great setup for start/veg. I have space and power limitations. As plants grew it became obvious that I needed to upgrade for flower. Found a 'warehouse deal' on Amazon for an Apollo 3x3 (box was damaged, contents perfect, saved 20 bucks). Also upgraded to a Platinum LED '300w'. With my cheap 3in1 moisture/light/PH meter stick, the Platinum shows about double the power of the Mars. Now I have both a veg and a flower setup on limited space and power.
My opinion? stick with organic media in 'smart' pots. Check out Learn organic gardening channel on you tube for some great advice.
Build up gear as you need it.
I just had to get a dehumidifier, found one online that only uses 60w, has no compressor, and actually seems to work in my 3x3. It has only been on for two days but so far so good!

Back
Top Bottom