Grow tent kit advice needed

SirDankalot

Thinking of buying a grow tent kit just wanted to know if the seasoned indoor gardeners here can give me a bit of advice

I'm contemplating purchasing this

1.2m GROW TENT KIT 600w LIGHT FAN FILTER, HYDROPONICS. on eBay (end time 20-Jan-11 17:showboating:14 GMT)

Basically what i want to know is will temps stay below 28*C or will I need to upgrade to an aircooled reflector if so would opting for a 400watt light solve temperature issues

Also what would a ideal intake fan be for this particular set up

Re: Grow tent kit advive needed

What is the temp of the room in which you will place your tent? It would all depend upon the temp of the air that is coming into your tent. That 600 watter will put out a LOT of heat. If the temp of the air you will be drawing into your tent will be above 20C, I can guarantee you that your temp inside your tent will be very high. An air-cooled hood would be much better for that small tent. I have a 120x120x200 tent and I have an air cooled tube with a 600W HPS in it. I have the tent placed in the basement and the temps inside the tent vary with the temp outside the tent. When the temp in my basement goes up, so does the temp inside the tent. And vice versa. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info HempRocket

Temp of the room the tent would be between 15-20 so I guess i would run into probs

Do you think a 400 watt would make my life easier or am just being tight and should invest in a cooltube

or maybe i should run my lights on period at night and draw in the cold air from outside

decisions decisions lol

You will definitely have to vent into the chimney or outside somehow because that exhaust will warm up your room quite quick. I have a passive air inlet from the outside into the basement that draws cold air in. It helps with the temps.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out kind sir + reps

I had a feeling heat would be an issue with that setup a cooltube seems to be the way to go

how about a CMH light, i think i heard from somewhere on here that they give out less heat than hps, and better spectrums for plants.

Never used a CMH light before but I would assume since it is still a HID light, it would produce a substantial amount of heat as well. If you go with something like LED's than that would be a different story.

ya me neither, just heard it. i would def recommend LEDs only from GLH. :)
check out my led plant HP. :) let me know what u think, u can be honest i wont cry.

Hey staffy idk about CHM I've kinda got my heart set on that tent kit I'm just trying to work out if the fan and ducting that comes with it would run a cooltube or if i would need to buy another fan and ducting

If LED's weren't ridiculously expensive I would definitely go LED especially seeing the results people are getting with them like yourself

Maybe in a few years they will come down in price dramatically and they will be assesable to the hobbyist non profit grower on a low budget

I agree Sir. I would totally go LED as well but the price is prohibitive right now. I'm sure in a year or two the prices will come down and the technology will evolve a bit more too as more and more growers start using LED lights.

Back
Top Bottom