Grow Tent Reviews Wanted

Y'all can check out my mars hydro tent review. Check the link in my signature

Thanks, I was wondering if anyone had reviewed one, since Mars-Hydro is a sponsor here.

I kind of wish they sold rectangular tents instead of square (base) ones - a 2'x3' might be usable with a 400-watt HPS for growing strains that lean somewhat toward the sativa end of the "spectrum" (assuming heat could be moved out of the tent adequately enough, of course). The (2'3")² one seems to be a bit small - in regards to being able to keep it cool with a 400-watt HID, lol, not necessarily in terms of watts per square foot - but the (3'3")² one is way too large (IMO), giving 10.5625 ft.², or only ~37.7 watts per square foot.

What do you think about Green Ace.com Standards 2 door 118"x60" . My room is 13'x12'. I want to go big but than maybe 2 tents are better. Also they sell 6" 440 cfm duct fan vent, 8" 720 cfm inline fan, 120v timer. All this for $549.00.
Im planning on going inside and looking for insight.

I have tried Secret Jardin DarkRoom and Lighthouse Max. While SJ is really good, I am in love with my Lighthouse Max...really built like a tank!

I have also tried the cheaper Lighthouse tents (LITE Line) and they are quite good...same level as DarkRoom

I just got a Gorilla Grow tent. Supposed to be the best?? Please come join my first tent grow thread Rastamamma! Always good to get a females expertise!

Gorilla is top shelf :)....i´ve heard. One day Ill save and buy one. Until then...ill join your grow!

/RM

Could i use this old bunk bed my boys used,and simply wrap it in Mylar and transform it into a grow tent?

Screenshot_3410.png

I personally don't really rate secret jardin it's flimsy hard to assemble and not as good quality as I was expecting tbh if I'm honest my Mars hydro tent is better sturdiness and quality hands down I have the ds150w price is rediculois I wish I had gotten something else

The bunk bed idea looks good as you will have plenty places to hang what you need and such .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

MIND BLOWN! GORILLA GROW TENT 4x4x6.5

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this company.

Swear to the gods of bud that this tent is the Rolls Royce of tents.
Everything about the Gorilla tents is top notch. The fit and finish are second to none relative to the other tents I've seen. A 5x9 is next on my list.

IMG_97123.JPG

I love my Gorilla 5x9.

You don't mess around! I've got the 4x4 and the 5x9 is my next purchase. After seeing the less expensive tents that friends were using I thought I'd bite the bullet and drop the extra cash. So glad I did! Gorilla rocks!

I just received the 4x8 gorilla grow tent for Christmas. Before that i was using two Secret Jardin 3x3. I cant say enough good things about the construction. I cant speak to longevity, but we shall see.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

A Tale of Two Tents - Gorilla and Galaxy
The guys at work expect UPS or FedEx to show up two or three times a week and no one is more surprised than I am at what sometimes shows up. It's a combination of Sailor Jerry, Amazon One Click ordering, a healthy bank account, and a love of new toys.

What I do know is that I ordered a Gorilla tent. I set up a tent. This tent has a big G in an oval on it. Gorilla, right? Wrong!

Sooooo, it turns out that the tent I'm in love with is a Galaxy Grow Tent! I know this now because a Gorilla tent showed up. It's got a Gorilla on it. Go figure.
I chalked it up to that damned One Click ordering. Even Sailor Jerry would remember ordering a tent and would never order two on purpose. Maybe Captain Morgan was duplicitous. I just don't know.

What I do know is that both of these tents are top quality. For my money the Galaxy is the better tent. Their new design uses the I door rather than a D door. And the Galaxy has dual side D doors that give you excellent access, whereas the Gorilla tent in the same 4x4 size has no side doors. The tents frames are both fully metal, they both use 1680 denier fabric with fully bonded reflective material, and they are both very well crafted.

I'm torn between sending the Gorilla back and getting another Galaxy or just using the Gorilla now that I need another tent.

Or maybe if I just wait a couple of days another Galaxy Grow Tent will show up. I hope it's the 4x8!

ObiWeedKenobi, neither of these 4x4 tents will disappoint but with the side doors on the Galaxy it offers more bang for the buck for my needs. The Gorilla tents have 10" double cinched duct ports while the Galaxy uses 6" double cinched duct ports. That may be a factor for some, although I don't see much need for 10" ports on such a small tent.

gorillaVgalaxy_fw.png

Back
Top Bottom