Grow Tent Temperature Concerns

Tecumseh

I'm setting up a new grow tent. The tent is 2'x3'x5'. The light that I have for this tent is a 400w HPS/MH (I have both bulbs) in a pyrex glass tube fixture(cool tube). I have a 6" duct hose coming directly off of the light fixture. That is reduced to 4" and there's a 4" inline fan pulling the hot air out of the grow tent and venting to the outdoors. I have a dimmable ballast that puts out 50,75,or 100%(that's what it says anyway). My concern is, even with the ballast set at 50%, and all intakes uncovered for max air-flow, I can't get the temp inside the tent below 94 degrees. Is this gonna be a problem? Should I maybe switch to all 6" ducting and a 6" inline fan? Or would it be okay to grow at this temp doing a 18/6 veg cycle as opposed to a 24/0. This is my first grow and I've spent way more than I need to already. I'm hoping for a cheap solution. Please help me.

94 is going to be a big problem. Ideally you want to between 70-80. I wouldnt try to grow at that temp, 18 or 24 hours wont really matter.

You might have to have seperate ventilation for the light and the tent because that is big light for a small tent. Worse case scenario if you can't get it to work you could look into CFLs. Cheap and easy with way less heat.

Thanx. That's what I was afraid of. Time for a plan B. Perhaps I'll convert the entire closet that the tent is in. Oh well.

94 is going to be a big problem. Ideally you want to between 70-80. I wouldnt try to grow at that temp, 18 or 24 hours wont really matter.

You might have to have seperate ventilation for the light and the tent because that is big light for a small tent. Worse case scenario if you can't get it to work you could look into CFLs. Cheap and easy with way less heat.

^^^^^^^^ YES THAT (far to hot).
:grinjoint:

LUDA.

I had a similar problem - My temps were pritty much the same as yours. I dont have a cool tube though, just a standard MH / HPS 400w setup. I leave the tent zip opened a little bit with a small fan blowing into it to let more fresh air from the room into it to keep it cool, when the lights are on. I didnt have an intake fan if your wondering why I didnt use one. Ive been able to keep the temps at 24 - 28 and all is growing well. Hope you find a way to sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom