Grow tent ventilation

freedom8976

Hello guys, i just got my grow tent and i am about to start my first grow. My problem is that my tent doesnt have pre cut vent holes and i have to do it by myself, i am not sure where to cut the holes and how many i need.
Atm i have cut only one at the upper right part, where i will put the inline fan and carbon filter. I am sure that i need at least one more hole for air intake, where should it be, do i need more than one?
I am thinking about the left side on the lower part of the tent. do i have to put a fan to suck air inside or i just leave it as it is?
Thx !!!

How big is the tent and how big is the fan? Was the tent marketed that way or did they ship you a defected one?
If the fan has enough muscle I'd say let the negative pressure it creates inside the tent pull the air passively in.
For example i have a 2x3 veg tent and a 2x4 bloom cabinet and a really strong 4" fan on a speed controller pulling air out of BOTH (through a wye in the ducting) and even then, anything over half speed sucks the walls in with passive intakes on both enclosures pulling in a lot of air

Hello guys, i just got my grow tent and i am about to start my first grow. My problem is that my tent doesnt have pre cut vent holes and i have to do it by myself, i am not sure where to cut the holes and how many i need.
Atm i have cut only one at the upper right part, where i will put the inline fan and carbon filter. I am sure that i need at least one more hole for air intake, where should it be, do i need more than one?
I am thinking about the left side on the lower part of the tent. do i have to put a fan to suck air inside or i just leave it as it is?
Thx !!!
Welcome to 420. Is it a Grow Tent or a Camping Tent ? Never seen one without the Duct & Electric wiring holes before.
Cutting holes in it will most likely end up ruining the tent as the holes will end up tearing open. Then there's the light leak issue. I'd send it back & order a real grow tent. You've got a bit of a mess on your hands with that tent. Maybe you could use some House type registers with the register duct fittings somehow to make it work for a grow or 2.

how big is the fan? Was the tent marketed that way or did they ship you a defected one?
the fan doesnt seem that good Εξαερισμός VKO Turbo Φ150 – 365m³h | Growit.gr
filter Φίλτρο Ενεργού Άνθρακα K2601 – Φ125 480m³h | Growit.gr
and tent Dark Street 120W - Secret Jardin

I would also like to ask if it is normal for my carbon filter to "leach" out carbon. I had to wipe off some carbon dust and when i shake it some comes off. Is that ok?

Is it a Grow Tent or a Camping Tent
It is a legit grow tent of ok quality i suppose.
Cutting holes in it will most likely end up ruining the tent
There is no problem with this actually, there is a tool that comes with the tent that lets u cut perfect holes without damaging it. But i dont want to position them "incorrectly". atm i have made one on the top right corner only.

I definitely need one more to let air come in, right? where should it be? Top of the tent or bottom?

I would def put it near the bottom 1) because hot air rises/cool air falls
2) CO2 is heavy and sinks to the floor, so sucking in cooler CO2 rich air would be better!

I looked at the tent. Secret Jardin's are suppose to be good ones. Never had one & now that I know you have to cut your own holes I don't want one. I don't want to have to leave my tent in 1 spot or run extensive duct work if I moved it.
I like the convenience of the Pre-Cut holes & being able to switch things around if I want. I'm kind of lazy though so I try not to do anything I don't have to .... lol.

Anyway, if you want to learn a lot of the basics to growing I'm currently doing a journal that lays out a lot of info for you.
Tent set up, lighting, ventilation, etc. Take a look at it if you get a chance.

Another question for you guys. the tent is a 4x2, how many plants could i fit in there? Is there any guideline?
Thx
Is really a question of how big the plants are. In my 2x4 I've had up to 48 tiny ones in a clone SOG down to one giant one in a monster scrog. For medium sized plants in bloom I'd stick with 2-4 depending on pot sizes and how bushy they are

I'd say if you've got the outtake top right then put the intake bottom left. If you go passive intake you might need one on each side. Then you also need to consider how you will light proof those intakes.

If you go passive intake you might need one on each side
Do you mean not installing a fan to pull air in? thats the plan at first, i will upgrade on my next grows where i will have some experience.
how you will light proof those intakes
the tent is shipped with some flanges that are angled,like "flaps" thats their use i guess. do i need 100& lightproof environment even for autos? my first gro will be northern lights autos.
2-4 depending on pot sizes
atm i have two 20liter pots which leave a ton of space inside the tent. 4 plants should fit easily then. i will start with two and later on i will expand.

lighting wise i need some help too.
i am waiting for this VIPARSPECTRA V300 LED Grow Light - LedGrowShop and i am considering matching it with OPTIC 1 XL COB LED Grow Light 100W 3500k COB - LedGrowShop.
thats for two plants in scrog setup most likely.

Back
Top Bottom