Grow tent ventilation

The half wit

420 Member
Hello, This is my first attempt at growing. I have a 4x4 tent in the basement, and I am struggling to keep the temperature and RH as needed. So my questions are 1. How soon should i turn on the inline vent fan after the seedlings have been placed in the soil? I have the exhaust vented out the chimney, and live far enough in the woods, so i really do not care about the smell, 2. so how often should I run the vent fan? 3.Can i shut it off during any part of the day? or is it better just to keep it going 24/7? 4. How do you control the temp/RH when it seems to me that the vent system would just pull all of the moisture/temp right out the top? Thank you in advance for your help and expertise!

Hello, This is my first attempt at growing. I have a 4x4 tent in the basement, and I am struggling to keep the temperature and RH as needed. So my questions are 1. How soon should i turn on the inline vent fan after the seedlings have been placed in the soil? I have the exhaust vented out the chimney, and live far enough in the woods, so i really do not care about the smell, 2. so how often should I run the vent fan? 3.Can i shut it off during any part of the day? or is it better just to keep it going 24/7? 4. How do you control the temp/RH when it seems to me that the vent system would just pull all of the moisture/temp right out the top? Thank you in advance for your help and expertise!
There are many who do keep things in check using speed controller on the fan. I'm sure somebody who's done that can help there.

Not sure on your budget, but have you looked at Inkbird controllers? They have temperature ones (I have the wifi one) and RH controllers as well. They're surprisingly affordable, as far as buying controllers go.

Back
Top Bottom