Grow tents

bizzybody

I'm finishing up my plans for my first grow which I'm planning for later this summer, and I have a question about which grow tent to buy. Actually my question deals more with the size that I need. I'm going to grow 2 C99's and 2 Northern Lights. Would a 2' X 4' tent be sufficiently sized, or should I go with a 4' X 4'? Also I'm debating between the Gorilla and Secret Jardin, if anybody has experience with either of these two brands.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I have Secret Jardin DR100L. Bought it 4 or 5 years ago. I have put it together and taken it apart several times and all the zippers, flaps, and other parts are still in good working condition. There are a few spots where some pin hole sized light leaks are visible, but I have never had a problem that a little duct tape can't fix. I have a buddy w Gorilla tents and they seem to work as well although I know the zippers on the main entry had mostly torn off after a year or two. I'm not knocking Gorilla, I think I just take better care of my stuff :cheesygrinsmiley:

The size of the tent for you depends on what you can work w. If you have the space go big, if space is an issue go smaller.

Mine is a 4x4x7 Lighthouse, like above, a few pin holes in the stitches but hasn't been a problem.
Cost a little over 100 bucks. I'm satisfied.

Hello BizzyBody

Welcome to :420:

I have a Secret Jardin DR120 - which is the 4x4 model. I also have one of these:

Aviditi PTU-66 Mylar Reflective Hydroponic Grow Tent, 48-Inch Wide by 48-Inch Deep by 79-Inch High

1667106771493.png

Looked at the Gorilla's - too expensive for my taste but the quality looked very good.

The Aviditi cost me $125 including shipping. I have had to put an extra hole in each tent for the purposes of lighting ventilation - but that was cheap enough. The material on this tent is actually thicker and better than the DR - and the zippers are as good of quality.

The main advantage of the DR is all the tent exit holes - and the way in which they are sealed. The have a double draw string system - with two socks. One sock is on the inside and one on the outside. Virtually impossible for light to enter the tent. There are two passive intakes on the floor (I use one on all my tents and have it hooked to a HEPA filter) - but one is unused by me.

I also really like the smaller tent outlets designed for cords. There are two of these on the back wall of the tent - extremely handy feature.

And - probably my favorite feature... the two access holes on the sides. If you are going to do a SOG or SCROG type of grow - you will wish you had these when you are reaching across a three or four foot tent.

So if money is an issue - buy the Aviditi. It will serve you well.

If you want a very nice growing environment that is well thought out - you don't need to spend the money on the Gorilla as the DR has everything you need. It truly is a great mid-priced grow tent.

As far as size - get as big as you can... You will thank me later.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom