Grow Time - Big Chris - Let's Do This!

Day 11 update (8 days from sprout)

I removed the dome on the rooters yesterday, couldn't keep RH in there with it raised an inch and temps were getting too high anyway. Without the dome things are sitting around 77 degrees F and 42% RH in the morning (higher RH with misting every few hours).

I've noticed some of the leaves are starting to curl down, what do you guys think? Also growth has stopped for the past 2-3 days, hoping they're just busy working on their roots.. Wanted to make sure I wasn't over-watering, so I let the rooters dry out pretty good last night, were dry this morning so they all got a good watering. Used about 8 oz pH 6 water with 2 drops Superthrive. Will be monitoring the leaves from here..

Day1113.jpg

Hi Chris, welcome to the forums.
Looks like you are prepared for them and my oh my it is this satisfying moment when they peek from the ground.
Subbed for this, count me in for the show. :goodjob::thumb::Namaste:

Day 15 update, big weekend in the garden! On day 13 roots were showing through the bottom of the rooters, so everyone got moved up to 5 gal smart pots same day. For soil we're using 80% Ocean Forest at the bottom and the top 20% is a mixture between Ocean Forest and Light Warrior. Watered with straight pH 6 water after replanting, about .5 gallon per plant. T5's are about 18" away, keeping the space at 80 degrees F and 50% RH.

After not having much growth for 3-4 days they've grown visibly in the last day or so, and all leaves are un-curling :yahoo:

Pura Vida #4, day 13 (10 days above ground):

PuraVida4-Day13.jpg

New homes, day 13:

Day1310.jpg

Pura Vida #4 in her new home, day 15:

Day156.jpg

Day 23 Update (20 days above ground)

Figured it is about time for an update. All is well in the garden! The ladies got a nice big watering yesterday (~1 gal each) with their first round of nutes, FF trio. I started them off with a 1/3 dose - planning to do 1/3 for week 3 (current, first week of nutes), 2/3 for week 4 then full strength for week 5+. Plenty of runoff with that amount of water (~1.5-2 gallons of 8 total).

Also arrived yesterday is a digital pH tester! Adjusted the water to pH 6, noticed the nutes lowered by .3 or so - will add nutes first next time and adjust from there down to around 6.3 (water at the house is ~7.5).

The crew:

Day235.jpg

CBD OG #3:

Day23_CBDOG_3.jpg

We also had a 4 hour power outage during the light cycle (hours 2-6), I opened the door and tossed a few lanters in there as a attempt to keep the ladies focused..

Day23_PowerOut.jpg

Now we are rocking and rolling. Your garden is looking great bud, any idea how long you are going to veg them for?

Thanks Mono :cool:

I haven't picked a date to start flower yet, should be somewhere in the 5-7 week range - figuring I may base the date on plant size once we're in that area. The plants can get to 26" total and still be 36" from canopy to HPS (which is what I want), so thinking if we put into flowering around 12" they can double in size and be good to go. I don't have any stats on these strains as far as averages sizes finished based on size when flowering starts..

Although I may just do some training here shortly to alleviate height concerns..

Also just about time to do some topping, stay tuned..

Garden update, day 28 (25 days since sprout). Ladies are getting big! Everyone got watered today, 1 gal ph 6.4 water each - they've all been taking 4-5 days to dry out thus far.. I did not use FF nutes this round since Pura Vida #3 (and a little on PV #4) are showing some browning. All other plants look great and the exact same setup has been used on all, not sure whats up with these 2. I added Cal Mag at 2 mL per L (.25 oz/gal) instead of the FF nutes, to see if that changes things. If anyone has any ideas on the brown tips below, please advise!

Garden:

Day28_Garden.jpg

Pura Vida #3, browning on some leaves:

Day28_PV_3.jpg

Pura Vida #4, lighter browning on a few of the leaves:

Day28_PV_4.jpg

Will post updates after they've had a chance to digest their beverages.

9/7 Update (29 days old):

Garden showing good growth since 4 days ago when and nutes were removed / cal mag added. The potential calcium deficiency seems to have stabilized, going to continue watering with 6.4-6.5 pH and cal mag for now and hold off on nutes until flowering. Also added a fan back to the garden, temps were approaching 88 degrees without the 3rd fan, T5's about 16" from the canopy. Canopy is closer to the lights now and we're down to 77-78 again.

Ladies are 29 days old today, 7" tall:

Day32_Garden.jpg

Fan leaf, Pura Vida #2:

Day32_PV_2.jpg

Plants are looking great fella! The burnt leaf tips look like you have spilled a few drops of nutrient solution onto the leaves, no big deal :thumb:

Looks like you have some pretty indica dominant pheno types, so I wouldn't worry too much about them doing more than doubling in height when it comes to switching the light to 12/12.

You said you were going to top the plants? Have you done any research on low stress training, it produces as good, if not better results than topping - without slowing the plant down at all ;)

:bravo:

Thanks Mono, and it definitely could have been a little nutes on the leaf tips as well - been harder to avoid that with the increase in size so I'm running out today to get a better watering can (rather than a 4L jug..). They should be ready for another watering tomorrow, since they go about 5 days for the soil to dry out.

I have held off on topping for the moment, I have been looking into "LST" techniques and thinking about going that route. Need to do a little more recon there today since it definitely would be time to start that, but for now I haven't cut anything :icon_cool. Last thing I want to do is screw up my first grow though, so light LST sounds better than topping right now anyway..

UPDATE - 31 days old:

All plants received a watering yesterday with pH 6.4 water only - no nutes or cal mag. Also Pura Vida's received a LST! (will do CBD OG LST today). I decided on LST based on theory and success stories here, and really don't want to top/fim or super crop on my first grow. I thought about doing half LST and half topping, but really want them to be similar height when we go to flower - so full LST it is. Will update as we go, so far I'm excited for the potential.

Day33_Garden.jpg

You can see above all plants are bent to almost a 90 degree angle. Below, Pura Vida #1 (closest/left in above photo) is already bending back up right this morning. Will strap these ladies down a tad more and LST the CBD OG plants today.

Day34_PV_1.jpg

Nice man. :thumb: There are some tips for LST- do it before watering as the plant is not so hard, also if I did it I would have tied the stem close to the ground from the opposite way so you won't damage her, remove the leaves that block light from shining on the lateral buds. You are getting the hang of it, I bet they will turn great. Happy growing! :Namaste:

Subbed! Awesome looking set up! Can't wait to see how they turn out! Have you considered HST? Had amazing results from all of my grows with supercropping and it looks like you have a lot of space to play with :). Great for giving the branches the extra strength for some nice colas

Subbed! Awesome looking set up! Can't wait to see how they turn out! Have you considered HST? Had amazing results from all of my grows with supercropping and it looks like you have a lot of space to play with :). Great for giving the branches the extra strength for some nice colas

Thanks - considering some HST/supercropping but not quite sure yet, learning one plant-manipulation technique at a time and going from there :smokin: If the LST works out good enough, I'll probably run with that and the SCROG setup, but we will see..

Looking good. After your prune maybe try to tuck some leaves if you need to get better sunlight down deeper. That's about my 2 cents. Keep up the great work

Sent from my SM-G935V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks Dataint. Will get some photos up after the LST is finalized later on as well.

Back
Top Bottom