Member of the Month: April 2017
"Growing green - a beauty to be seen - no time for mean - a friend, you can lean...on"
Welcome to my humble experimental journal of rehabilitation & inspiration to give me a new purpose in life.
Growers Mission: "Rehab my brain cognition through the processes of growing green medicine."
Purpose: To use natural medicines instead of the high dosage chemical meds to cope with my health issues.
Novice Grower: 1 year of lessons learned under my belt but 1 year of dedicated research, product buying and visiting a "misc" grow shop once a month now. I read as many magazines as I can because it fits the lifestyle I live. I'm completely addicted to providing the best care but under a very limited budget. I love the creativity it brings out in me. I'm obsessed with successful growing...once I get there. I welcome advice and questions too.
*I built my grow tent out of wired cubes and vinyl from my own fabric collection.
*Living off the land.
*I have cut my hospital visits down to once a year — emerg — since I started medical use greenery.
*My plants teach me processes that will help me relearn my cognitive deficits since my last brain attack.
*I refuse to give up.
*Not afraid to take risks.
*I feel a new purpose in life with my new growing lifestyle.
Health & Medical Conditions:
*Diverticular Disease — Must eat healthy.
*IBS — Must eat healthy and stay away from stress.
Brain Aneurysm — makes me forget details, distant from my thoughts, anxiety and trouble with language, grammar and focus.
*PTSD — brutal abuse as a teen - intense healing for 20 years.
*Pre-Cancer — Cervix & Colon (high risk strain — biopsies ever 6 months)
*Tinitus & Hyperacusis — Losing my hearing.
*Pre-Diabetic — Inherited, I'm actually in good shape as I have been in physio working on my back and jogging for months now. Running is my passion and I'll do anything so I can live long enough to run beside the mountains. It's an experience I do often, and crave it.
*Do not drink, or shhhmoke for 8 years now.
*Best physical trait about myself - I am a retired soccer player and still have the muscles to exercise. I also have the "Win" attitude it takes to be a Provincial Champion. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't do something to make me a better person, and to make this world a karmic place to live in. Thanks for watching my journey, you are most welcome here.
Tech Specs & Plant Details
(please excuse any errors I'm still learning)
What strains have I experimented with:
1. Outdoor Grab Bag of misc Seeds - Vancouver Seed Bank - July 2015
2. Afghan Kush - World of Seeds - almost 100% Indica - July 2015
3. Northern Lights Auto - Crop King Seeds - Indica/Sativa:70% Indica, 20% Sativa, 10% Ruderalis - Sept 2015
4. Purple Kush - Crop King Seeds - Indica 75% - Sativa 25% - Sept 2015
5. CB Dream - Crop King Seeds - 80/20% - March 2016
Medicinal purposes only — Seeking Indica balanced with minimal Sativa - target the body, not the mind.
ALL INDOOR GROW
Soil Accessory: Rock - White Quartz Crystal from the 2nd largest granite cliffs in the world. White rocks have been charged with positivity based on the history of these cliffs. Super rare.
Growing times: 18/6 hr for veg — 12/12 hour for flower — super important to remind myself.
Soil — Promix - "This potting mix is regionally formulated from Canadian sphagnum, peat moss, peat humus and/or composted forest products. Coco fibre, perlite, lime, controlled release fertilizer and mycorrhizae"
10 inch — Self Watering Pot *the best decision I ever made.
(2) T5HO LED lights parallel to each other. 1 light used for early veg state. Then turn on second light after the first topping. Glass window/greenhouse type grow situation. Start off with very basic techniques in order not to overwhelm my brain with too much responsibility.
Timer settings 18hrs — will switch over to 12 when it's time to flower.
Size of light: 4x 39 inch
Yes, air-cooled during the day, but not at night because it's cooler at night naturally here.
Temp of Room/cab? 22-24 degrees
PH of media or res? Mine is 5.5 ph balance using a colour chart every time for accuracy, transparent dirty orange.
Any Pests ? Not yet, I always add hydrogen peroxide before I transferred the seedling into the pot full time. It was added to the very first feeding. One cap full, making sure I do not dry out the roots or damage the growth.
How often are you watering? Once a week now in veg state, with food - or up to 3 times w/food in rapid veg growth depending on the strain.
Type and strength of ferts used?
— BioThrive Grow (4 3 3 — 5 ml/litre
— Thrive Alive B-1 Green (0 0 1 — 5ml/litre
— CaMg+ (10 ml/litre
— Bio Bloom — (2 3 3 - 10ml/litre
Thesis - To prove that I can rehabilitate my brain deficiencies by learning the growing process and have fun doing it. Plants are the greatest teachers and most forgiving creatures on this Earth.
Must Improve: :MoreNutes:
1. Language aka Growing Processes.
2. Math aka Formulated Nutrients.
3. Focus aka Daily Routine Tasks.
2. Innovation & Creative Projects
4. Extreme Appreciation for Life!
1. Accept my new state of being.
2. Make friends and stay social.
3. Grow the best medicine I can to keep bad chem-meds far away from me.
4. Create a journal to document my progress as a record of inspiration.
5. Find a part time job that allows me to work from home and encourages me to continue healing.