Grow To Heal Me - Perpetual Journal - Lady Growing Ladies - Never Giving Up

I DID IT! How's this?
IMG_269011.jpg
IMG_26898.jpg
IMG_268813.jpg
IMG_268716.jpg

Get some rest. We are glad to have you here. :welcome:to :420:
You are on the right track, I love your scrog screens!
:circle-of-love:

I'm off to lay down, with an ice pack that has my name on it. My brain is overstimulated and now the tight helmet headache has shut me down. Hard to focus and speak. Gniiiite my friends thank u4 acceptance.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looking for light upgrade, wondering what would be good for a small grow? Still doing research though. Any advice would be great!

If you want something small but powerful I can't recommend highly enough the ones that are in my flower tent at the minute on my current journal. 60w, seeing is believing :)

Here are some funny stories I can share about the crazy things my brain makes me do. How can I have a disability if I can still write well? How do we measure my losses scientifically here if you can't see how my brain works in new mysterious ways now. Because my health is number one here, it would be good to write out my experiences so one day I can look back and say, wow look how far I've come. At least, that is my hope and goal. Plus it's good to laugh at myself, it's the best therapy. So here we go...

Situation #1 - One day I got up from the couch walked over to the hallway, put on my shoes to go out, and stood there in the hallway until my husband came around corner and said, where are you going? I said, "I don't know." We looked at each other and mentally took a note, not to draw attention to my absurdity. Hey, I got a whole list of crazy stuff I do now...lol

Situation #2 - One day I was cooking chilli in a crock pot. It was done cooking after 10hrs and I served us dinner. When I went to put the lid on, I placed my plate upside down on the chilli to cover it, and then put the lid on top. Duhhh, that makes no sense. My husband goes to dish out more chilli and noticed the upside down plate I put on, buuut, I didn't recall that I ever placed it there. And I thought he was foolin' and he put it there. I had no recollection that I did it AT ALL. But obviously I did, I can't deny that, but can't remember doing it or why. We looked at each other and started laughing. We make light of a lot of things because we are a united front. Not weighing in on every weird thing I do because we know it's just my brain playing tricks on me. But it was hilarious, we debated about this one for sooo long. Even my neurologist was puzzled on that one...lol

Situation #3 - For some odd reason, the memories that are the most vibrant is grade 4. I know I know, it makes no sense, buuut, I have to share this it's so funny. I was in french immersion in grade 4 although the whole school was english, my homeroom teacher was french and would only teach us in french. That year was torture for me. I didn't learn a thing. I really just winged it. Anyways, wouldn't you guess that I'm starting to say words in french, when I have NEVER done that before. I will go to try and find the word I want to say, as in, listen, and I say ecoute, he looks at me like I did at my french teacher, confused but amused. Every now and again I will translate english words he says into french, when he never asked me to do that. It's really funny. When he points it out, I laugh but scold myself for acting like my grade 4 teacher again. I feel like I am reliving my grade 4 year again. More stories to come, it's just the beginning...lol

May your healing path take you beyond your imagination...your friend G2HM
IMG_232618.jpg

Isn't life interesting? Can't take things so serious when my brain is playing practical jokes on me.

Great job with your journal! Subbed and Reps to you!

Your injury and brain issue is something I have personal experience with ... my battle started with a car accident. The upside is that it occurred over 30 years ago and I am "normal" again, but my brain healing did require a 4 year struggle, mostly of my own doing and relearning, and not much help from Docs and Drugs.

You are choosing wisely, your decision to use MM and not the dangerous drugs of Big Pharma to assist your healing is a great sign your logical brain parts are working. You can't go wrong with grow advice from PeeJay. Looking forward to your prose and progress, I wish you the best of fortune in your healing and life journey.

Best Of Buds

JB

:Namaste:

Great job with your journal! Subbed and Reps to you!

Your injury and brain issue is something I have personal experience with ... my battle started with a car accident. The upside is that it occurred over 30 years ago and I am "normal" again, but my brain healing did require a 4 year struggle, mostly of my own doing and relearning, and not much help from Docs and Drugs.

You are choosing wisely, your decision to use MM and not the dangerous drugs of Big Pharma to assist your healing is a great sign your logical brain parts are working. You can't go wrong with grow advice from PeeJay. Looking forward to your prose and progress, I wish you the best of fortune in your healing and life journey.

Best Of Buds

JB

WOW - never in my wildest dreams did I think I would read such a compassionate relatable story on this forum, but this place has karmic abilities...lol I just knew this forum was something special. Low and behold, a shining star of hope arrives. Happy tears of course, have not met ANYONE who could relate to me. This is what this community is about, and I'm humbled to meet you. I'm so proud of you for staying the course and turning out to be a shining star through such a difficult process. I'm moved by your story. It's hard to express the quest I'm on to find a course of rehab that matches my beliefs as a peaceful person and won't lead me astray. Here you are a testimony of hard work and resilience from the top, down. Congratulations, and THANK YOU for backing my rehab plan.

I know there is a logical me inside I just can't find her right now. You've really touched my heart, can't wait to tell my husband this story. Survivors are hard to come by, brain friend forever. You're a vision of me in the future, an angel, the light at the end of the tunnel...I've just started, but at least I'm on the right track. I knew it in my heart. Stick around, you're a good luck charm...lol All my best and more...G2HM Hugs

G'day mate! I can relate in regard to the brain trauma. At the age of 4 I had a severe impact that caused me to split my skull open and damage my central nervous system causing what the Dr's I see presently have diagnosed as CTE (Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy). This is why Charlottes Web and ACDC are staples in my garden. So I empathize with your situation. I'll be sure to pop in from time to time! :thumb:

G'day mate! I can relate in regard to the brain trauma. At the age of 4 I had a severe impact that caused me to split my skull open and damage my central nervous system causing what the Dr's I see presently have diagnosed as CTE (Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy). This is why Charlottes Web and ACDC are staples in my garden. So I empathize with your situation. I'll be sure to pop in from time to time! :thumb:

OKAY the skies have parted, who called Zuess and sent another demi-god to inspire me to continue...lol Thank you for your story, it sounds terribly painful, but wow, another survivor in my presence. This is all new to me, I have not met such endearing people with relatable stories. The doctors are detached from my immediate needs so I am not waiting for the medical system. Learn and grow! Such a gift. I'm really taken back considering I thought I was in the dark here. You just opened another door. You're welcome to check things out because my brain has a mind of its' own. I am diggin' your videos as well, more research for me to do. Have a great grow season! :thanks:

What an incredibly kind response mate! I tend to be one of the less consistent journalists on this forum. With that said for the next year at least you can count me on being present :) This forum has been incredibly healing to me. The people I have met on here are like no other! I really like the start of your journal and look forward to all the good things I'm sure that are coming your way. Peace, love, and big buds to you mate :Namaste:

I am so happy that you can know you are NOT alone, and you can retrain your brain to work well again. Your husband is a gem for staying by your side and making light of your confusion or off topic responses. MY WIFE WAS A CRITICAL PART OF MY RECOVERY! I don't think I would have healed and relearned nearly as much without her. Laughing at yourself is important too, it'll keep your spirits up, which will help you heal your brain.

Just one of the things that was a huge problem for me was that after the brain injury, I physically looked unchanged, but my thought processes and personality were affected. Friends and family started reacting to my speech and communications with very negative responses, and I couldn't know why. I was shocking them with random responses and actions, and that scared them, their reactions were scaring me. I didn't know I was different than before the wreck, my brain was just reacting with Fright or Flight responses, that's what injured brains do when confused.

Please do keep posting your progress, or even regression. You may experience regression, and keeping your mind working in a positive light is a key to healing. You may never be exactly the same as before, but you can be better than you were too. I'm a better person and more in control of my life because of the brain battle ... I surpassed what Docs said was possible for my injury. I'm not bragging by any means, but 30 years later at work, I am considered the goto IT guy among dozens of really smart computer folks. They would never think I had a brain injury! You can accomplish whatever you decide, just be patient and give your brain a workout everyday. The confusion abated slowly, the pain was never ending the first two years, and I was depressed at my brain dysfunction. It seems every Doc referred me to another with yet another pill to take, they were all throwing pills in my mouth. Big Pharma didn't help me, and just made things worse. Opiates increase intracranial pressure, the LAST thing a person with a head injury needs! BUT, we must remember being a Physician is just a job, and they can't really care about every patient, they would go crazy with that much death and suffering touching their soul, they must detach emotionally for their own mental health.

Keep your chin up girl! We will be around here to be an ear or lend support!

Best Of Buds

JB

I am so happy that you can know you are NOT alone, and you can retrain your brain to work well again. Your husband is a gem for staying by your side and making light of your confusion or off topic responses. MY WIFE WAS A CRITICAL PART OF MY RECOVERY! I don't think I would have healed and relearned nearly as much without her. Laughing at yourself is important too, it'll keep your spirits up, which will help you heal your brain.

Just one of the things that was a huge problem for me was that after the brain injury, I physically looked unchanged, but my thought processes and personality were affected. Friends and family started reacting to my speech and communications with very negative responses, and I couldn't know why. I was shocking them with random responses and actions, and that scared them, their reactions were scaring me. I didn't know I was different than before the wreck, my brain was just reacting with Fright or Flight responses, that's what injured brains do when confused.

Please do keep posting your progress, or even regression. You may experience regression, and keeping your mind working in a positive light is a key to healing. You may never be exactly the same as before, but you can be better than you were too. I'm a better person and more in control of my life because of the brain battle ... I surpassed what Docs said was possible for my injury. I'm not bragging by any means, but 30 years later at work, I am considered the goto IT guy among dozens of really smart computer folks. They would never think I had a brain injury! You can accomplish whatever you decide, just be patient and give your brain a workout everyday. The confusion abated slowly, the pain was never ending the first two years, and I was depressed at my brain dysfunction. It seems every Doc referred me to another with yet another pill to take, they were all throwing pills in my mouth. Big Pharma didn't help me, and just made things worse. Opiates increase intracranial pressure, the LAST thing a person with a head injury needs! BUT, we must remember being a Physician is just a job, and they can't really care about every patient, they would go crazy with that much death and suffering touching their soul, they must detach emotionally for their own mental health.

Keep your chin up girl! We will be around here to be an ear or lend support!

Best Of Buds

JB

I have read this quote over 10 times and it inspired me 10 more times. My husband and I are no longer lost at sea. All because I started my garden and followed my heart. I am so humbled, happy and motivated by your story. More information I have rec'd, despite seeing 3 doctors now. Thank you, really life-changing words. Nothing like finding out I can help myself and my instinct is still in tact. Feeling pretty good about myself, not all is lost. Thank you green friend and all the kind people out there. The momentum continues...lol

Also, I'm unsure if you have read these thread collections on 420Magazine. Good Info for your consideration.

Brain Trauma

Best Of Buds

JB

Again, you open the door to more freedom...I can't thank you enough. Thank you my friend. Before I walk through this door, not knowing what's on the other side of it, thank you for believing in me. Genuinely...:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom