GROWant Journal - SIPs & Living Organic Soil - Sub Irrigated Planter

420-magazine-mobile839537395.jpg

High Density finishing up nicely.

I see you are doing a living mulch cover. I am going to try to use the e-box included cover. I have a sprout and 2 companion plants that I need to cut holes for. I like the way the SIP is working. The soil appears to be happy & stays moist.
pics or it isn't happening ; - )
pretty happy with it.

Gonna cover it up next week.
Just got to figure out how to cut a hole in the right spot! Cheers!

I agree it seems autos need deep containers to reach their full potential.

I grew my best in 7-gallon fabric pots full of LOS. :laughtwo: I haven't tried one in hempy with these wicked RX Green Solutions nutrients. Sometime next year I might try a couple under the GROWant GR240, one in hempy, one in soil.

Your beautiful plants are looking right in step with mine Gee. :battingeyelashes: That autumnal coloration is such a lovely sight.

Hi guys, solid member from Grasscity new to joining you guys here at 420. Glad to be here. Currently have a 5 plant organic auto grow (consisting of 4 FastBuds Fastberry & 1 Heavyweight Fast & Vast growing under a 400w hps & a GROWant GR480 LED (may add second GR480 within the next week). Plants vary from about 30-40 days from seed. Will start a "2nd half" grow journal soon!!!

Hey brother I'm a former gc member, you'll love it here such a warm environment and so many less bs threads. Lots of experience on here. Welcome you found a good thread already. Lots of awesome members kicking around growants. Follow the links in their threads back to their journals and you'll find an awesome core group of 420 members that will make your stay here oh so pleasant and you will have an endless amount of knowledge at your fingertips.

On a side note the ladies look lovely growant

Hey brother I’m a former gc member, you’ll love it here such a warm environment and so many less bs threads. Lots of experience on here. Welcome you found a good thread already. Lots of awesome members kicking around growants. Follow the links in their threads back to their journals and you’ll find an awesome core group of 420 members that will make your stay here oh so pleasant and you will have an endless amount of knowledge at your fingertips.

On a side note the ladies look lovely growant

Hey hey hey... I'm a Coots aficionado from back in the days when we were running and testing/fine tuning the Coots mix and the no-til threads and others. Was a great run. Still more positive vibe here tho.. everyone here is friendly and helpful. Not too much BS here which is good for sure.

Gee here to say high... and watch along. Good to see another organic soil grower..

Don't stress on the Autos and size. I run them all the time and get the same results EVERY time. I run em in #3 nursery pots, tried the 5 gal route same result so went with a MUCH more manageable #3 square pot. Not going to win any yield contests with AUTO plants in LOS is my take. What I do is make up for low yield per plant with numbers of plants.

I usually run 10 at a time. So if say I only get 1 zip per plant dried, hey I have 10 zips at the end of 70 days. That's not too shabby and it takes up the space of a 3'x4' area. I run them on a table, they don't get tall so I dont have to bend over to water!! win win...

In LOS I get HUGE yields with the same soil mix as you with PHOTO plants. So its not the soil, not the container it's genetics. Someone already mentioned it, ruderalis is a short plant. Not going to get too far from that if you want a 70 day cycle. Once you get to say 90 day cycle those AUTOs are larger but I can grow a photo period plant in 90 days thats much larger size wise.

I don't journal my AUTO runs... for that reason. I will take "bud candy" shots every once in a while when I get a good one but they just don't "do it" like the big Photo ladies do for eye candy. My take on some folks killing it with autos is they are the exception not the rule.. for every 50 autos I've ran I might get 2 that are decent size ... 2' tall is decent size.

Right now I've got 10 Ghost Train Haze Autos going, I'll be glad to get 5 zips dry from 10 plants. I don't think any of them are taller than 15". Glad they are running beside my Photo VEG plants.Those are Mephisto Genetics and one of their top strains.

Dark Devil is my all time favorite AUTO. Sue has a great thread on them. I ALWAYS have a stash of that hanging around. It's great weed for gifts for friends too. Bag appeal off the charts with a berry fruit with funk smell.

I'm digging your journal here and that new lamp. Lots of great info too, glad to see you getting it out there. Your plants look great they will be top shelf for sure! Doing a great job bud thanks for sharing and I'm sub'd for the ride!

I see you are doing a living mulch cover. I am going to try to use the e-box included cover. I have a sprout and 2 companion plants that I need to cut holes for. I like the way the SIP is working. The soil appears to be happy & stays moist.
pics or it isn't happening ; - )
pretty happy with it.

Gonna cover it up next week.
Just got to figure out how to cut a hole in the right spot! Cheers!

I think i may try putting one of the mulch covers on to see if there is any noticeable difference. I would guess less water evaporation so you would be watering less but not sure if there are any other benefits.

I grew my best in 7-gallon fabric pots full of LOS. :laughtwo: I haven't tried one in hempy with these wicked RX Green Solutions nutrients. Sometime next year I might try a couple under the GROWant GR240, one in hempy, one in soil.

Your beautiful plants are looking right in step with mine Gee. :battingeyelashes: That autumnal coloration is such a lovely sight.

I'm definitely going to with something a lot deeper if I run any autos again. I am going to throw some photoperiod strains in the Sips to see how they perform.

Hey hey hey... I'm a Coots aficionado from back in the days when we were running and testing/fine tuning the Coots mix and the no-til threads and others. Was a great run. Still more positive vibe here tho.. everyone here is friendly and helpful. Not too much BS here which is good for sure.

Gee here to say high... and watch along. Good to see another organic soil grower..

Don't stress on the Autos and size. I run them all the time and get the same results EVERY time. I run em in #3 nursery pots, tried the 5 gal route same result so went with a MUCH more manageable #3 square pot. Not going to win any yield contests with AUTO plants in LOS is my take. What I do is make up for low yield per plant with numbers of plants.

I usually run 10 at a time. So if say I only get 1 zip per plant dried, hey I have 10 zips at the end of 70 days. That's not too shabby and it takes up the space of a 3'x4' area. I run them on a table, they don't get tall so I dont have to bend over to water!! win win...

In LOS I get HUGE yields with the same soil mix as you with PHOTO plants. So its not the soil, not the container it's genetics. Someone already mentioned it, ruderalis is a short plant. Not going to get too far from that if you want a 70 day cycle. Once you get to say 90 day cycle those AUTOs are larger but I can grow a photo period plant in 90 days thats much larger size wise.

I don't journal my AUTO runs... for that reason. I will take "bud candy" shots every once in a while when I get a good one but they just don't "do it" like the big Photo ladies do for eye candy. My take on some folks killing it with autos is they are the exception not the rule.. for every 50 autos I've ran I might get 2 that are decent size ... 2' tall is decent size.

Right now I've got 10 Ghost Train Haze Autos going, I'll be glad to get 5 zips dry from 10 plants. I don't think any of them are taller than 15". Glad they are running beside my Photo VEG plants.Those are Mephisto Genetics and one of their top strains.

Dark Devil is my all time favorite AUTO. Sue has a great thread on them. I ALWAYS have a stash of that hanging around. It's great weed for gifts for friends too. Bag appeal off the charts with a berry fruit with funk smell.

I'm digging your journal here and that new lamp. Lots of great info too, glad to see you getting it out there. Your plants look great they will be top shelf for sure! Doing a great job bud thanks for sharing and I'm sub'd for the ride!

Thanks for stopping by. I probably won't be running autos very much anymore. Every now and again. The inconsistency is what discourages me about them.
I was going to try and keep an auto going in my veg tent but I'm not sure anymore. This last auto run has been meh. I never like to blame genetics, I have said in the past I have no problems chalking it up as grower error but a few buddies have ran these same beans with dismal results as well. So I'm not sure. I plan on taking some photo strains and putting them in these sip containers. I just want to make sure I have no negative effects from the container being so shallow.

Thanks for stopping by. I probably won't be running autos very much anymore. Every now and again. The inconsistency is what discourages me about them.
I was going to try and keep an auto going in my veg tent but I'm not sure anymore. This last auto run has been meh. I never like to blame genetics, I have said in the past I have no problems chalking it up as grower error but a few buddies have ran these same beans with dismal results as well. So I'm not sure. I plan on taking some photo strains and putting them in these sip containers. I just want to make sure I have no negative effects from the container being so shallow.

It's def genetics i hate heavyweight seeds, I have had 4 out of 8 pop and none look normal, they all have small deformed leaves in the beginning, I am looking forward to run Mephisto Genetics autos they are killer autos and Dutch passion autos also killer Colorado cookies is the shit and lime daiquiri and any XL auto Dutch has

And here I'm opposite to you Nugz lol

What do mean opposite Brother I run photo genetics also I am more of a photo guy just like autos for my veg out this next run is gonna be organic run for some and synthetic for others to do a comparison to each nectar of god and General Hydro are my 2 companies running and am excited to try both I need to get my beans ASAP to get more in the growing. I am hoping tom USPS update and it's gonna be today or tomorrow

It's a shame you had such yucky results with your autos Gee. Given the right approach that can give consistent results, as BB demonstrates with his 10 zip cycles. Lol! Oh BB, You have me thinking again. :laughtwo: I have all those DDA seeds from Rifleman. If I rethink how I grow I could use the veg shelf.....

See how easy that slippery slope can be to find? :laughtwo:

What do mean opposite Brother I run photo genetics also I am more of a photo guy just like autos for my veg out this next run is gonna be organic run for some and synthetic for others to do a comparison to each nectar of god and General Hydro are my 2 companies running and am excited to try both I need to get my beans ASAP to get more in the growing. I am hoping tom USPS update and it's gonna be today or tomorrow
I can't get Dwc going by myself I keep screwing up. My brother has to come over and help me lol I'm a soil Gal I guess

I can't get Dwc going by myself I keep screwing up. My brother has to come over and help me lol I'm a soil Gal I guess

I honestly think Dwc is easier Bc of its fucked or fixed no guessing you diagnose and just do your best, and you just start water high, lower it as root mass grows and feed a balanced diet next thing you know healthier than a soil
Plant with bigger growth spurts and bigger yields I love being able to see my roots

Soils easy to screw up too lol I did it for a long time until I found dolomite lime. Nute lockouts are so easy to get and so hard to cure.

Need some updated growant pics soon :)

I'm always amazed at the many ways one can successfully bring a plant to harvest, and how many of those ways are being demonstrated by our members. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

I've tried many of them myself, with this incessant curious nature, and usually find ways to succeed with each of them. I've had some spectacular failures too. Cannabis cultivation'll keep you humble.

Living soil is difficult to mess up. Letting the community raise the plant means you feed the soil, not the plant. When I grew in LOS it felt like the soil was my pet community. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom