Growbox ventilation

hey guys,

i am in the process of building a growbox for my closet, it is going to be 3 feet deep, 6 ft tall and 6 ft long. i currently have a small stealth growbox for one plant, i had 3 cfls and an intake and exhaust cp fans and its still too hot, getting to 90 sometimes. if i want to put a 600hps in this growbox, how could i ventilate the hot air out? and is a 600 hps good enough lighting for this space with white walls?

thanks

Sorry for the confusion Prairie. My question was what ventilation do you think i would need for the 6'x'6'3' box. because i do already have a small one, it is 30" tall and it is having heat problems, so what kind of exhaust would i need for a bigger box with a bigger light?

i want to add more exhaust to my current box bud i dont want to rip it up, i was thinking of putting them on the outside

if your going to run a 600watt youll need an inline fan 6 inch or better with an air cooled hood, your box is going to be too long for just the one lights footprint so i suggest building it 6 high 3 deep 4.5 wide. run a passive intake at the bottom of your tent/box how big it is depends on the suction created by the fan. youll want to get it to the point the tent slightly sucks in on its self as the negative pressure will always allow it to be filled with fresh air. now that you have the fan and the light hood run the fan exhausting the grow tent through the light hood. not only will this pull all of the hot air out of the tent by exhausting neer the top since heat rises, but it will also draw heat off of the bulb keeping the ambient temps cooler, this allows the light to be closer without burning your plants.

i got a 6 inch hydro farm inline fan is like 450 cfm cost $170 cooling a 400 and my temps are at 80. if you have to go the cheep route you can buy one of the yellow stanley blower fans for 50 bucks they move about 300cfm.

ya i was looking at some that were similiar to yours. i found a 235 6" axial fan for 50, i think that should cool mine because im just using cfls. that or get one like yours which i will need soon anyway, but the $50 one might cut it for now

Back
Top Bottom