GrowDad's Wedding Cake & Purple Power Grow

Growdad420

Well Dad is at it again. :reading420magazine::reading420magazine:
342138.jpg

This time out, we will be growing 2 plants.
Feminized Wedding Cake and Purple Power brought to you by High Supplies.

Wedding Cake is an indica-dominant strain with a 70% indica to 30% sativa ratio. The folks at Cannarado crossed Weed Junky Genetics’ citrusy, high-THC Wedding Cake strain with indica-dominant Grape Cake to create a combination that’s nothing short of stunning.

Purple Power - created through crossings with Early Skunk and Purple haze this cannabis plant, which is 50% Sativa and 50% Indica is very similar to warm cinnamon rolls and its smell is also on the similar lines.

Medium
Rapid rooter
FFOC with 30% perlite.
FF Trio
CalMag
3 Ga Smart Pots
450W Burples
HLG 1000 V2 3000k Horticulture Quantum board

Each Burple will be slanted on each side of the Quantum board for maximum light penetration. With two plants this light will be more than enough.

Both plants will tall growers, therefore these two will undergo LST so I can maximize my yield.

Both seeds have been through the paper towel method using PH neutral bottle water.
Both popped in 24 hours and are now inside rapid rooters, and are in the greenhouse.
Current greenhouse temps 87 degrees 64% humidity under full spectrum light from the quantum board.

Popped seeds where placed in the rapid rooters yesterday and these little gals already broke through the rapid rooters and are saying hello to the world. Looks as though these beans are aggressive growers. Never had them pop so fast.

I just popped a “ shredder” from irie genetics and a “diesel berry cough” from gardens of green and they seem to crack fast, and both at the same time, I hope they do the same, I put them in rock wool this morning

So these girls have made their debut.

Wedding Cake on the left
Purple Power On the right. - She is hard to see with my crappy photog but she is there is is hunched over trying to shed her helmet.

The girls are still in the Dome in order to keep humidity up.
Current temps in the dome are 78-79 degrees with a RH of about 60%. dropped to 40 once the dome lid was removed.

They are in their rapid rooter with FFOC around the rooter in this biodegradable cup.

Plants are coming along nicely.
Its getting chilly outside so the RH is really low. I took the girls out of the dome so they can dry out a bit.

I think I solved the RH issue, with a trusty bucket of water a towel and fan. The towel will sit in the water wicking the water up the towel, the fan behind blows on the wet towel. RH is steady climbing.

Wedding cake
Purple Power

Looks good! I'm doing a wedding cake as well, awesome strain to grow.
I don't spend any time worrying about the humidity with a seedling- mine pop up directly into 40-45% humidity and full sunlight and never have a problem. Clones are the exception, and usually need some supplemental moisture.
The problem arises with humidity over 60 for too long and damping off can occur from too much collected moisture/bacteria. It's only my opinion but with proper watering, humidity shouldn't be an issue as long as it's not below 40%. I just feel like it makes the plant become dependent on extra nurturing, which it doesn't get in nature. To each his own and if it works for you , great! I am just saying it's not a huge cause for worry.
Enjoy the Wedding Cake, it's a fabulous strain and definitely wants to get big and dense and beautiful for you.

Looks good! I'm doing a wedding cake as well, awesome strain to grow.
I don't spend any time worrying about the humidity with a seedling- mine pop up directly into 40-45% humidity and full sunlight and never have a problem. Clones are the exception, and usually need some supplemental moisture.
The problem arises with humidity over 60 for too long and damping off can occur from too much collected moisture/bacteria. It's only my opinion but with proper watering, humidity shouldn't be an issue as long as it's not below 40%. I just feel like it makes the plant become dependent on extra nurturing, which it doesn't get in nature. To each his own and if it works for you , great! I am just saying it's not a huge cause for worry.
Enjoy the Wedding Cake, it's a fabulous strain and definitely wants to get big and dense and beautiful for you.
Humidity was down to 11%. That was a bit low. I am ow hovering around 45% which Ill take. LOL

Not really but my storage (grow) room is in the basement and it gets chilly. The temps in the basement are at 64. Its been dry lately so... I don't have anything else growing so its a pretty large space for these lil guys.. I get too stoned to due multiple different grows at different stages... so I knock them down one grow at a time. :lot-o-toke:

For me that’s the most stressful time lol
Agreed Storm, I am like come on grow!!! The last grow always seemed to go faster LOL!

Wedding cake is standing tall and growing very well.
Purple Power is catching up but doesnt seem as vigorous as the wedding cake.
wcpp.jpg

Hello Peeps

Its been a minute with the holidays. Well with winter setting in I had a problem with humidity, since it was really dry in the air. I think it slowed growth a bit, but I got a humidifier in there and the ladies are coming on now.
Seeds: Wedding Cake and Purple Power both feminized from High Supplies.
Lights: Burbles & full spectrum Quantum board
Medium: FFOC with FF trio w/20% perlite. I went lower than the traditional 30% because on the last grow the best bud came from the medium with little to no perlite.
3 ga smart pots - Yea, I know I should go to 5 or 7 but I like 3.

They will be drinking Tap water PH'd to 6.2 and treated with Calmag.

Here they are today:
Purple Power
purple power.jpg

And Wedding Cake
wedding cake.jpg

Back
Top Bottom