grower help - Cloning & Autoflowers

Trogoliath

Since most of the information here is on the regular kind of cannabis, It's been challenging to find the answers I'm looking for.

1- Can/should I clone auto-flowers?
I've read that since AF are genetically induced to go into flowering stage after a set amount of time, it's very hard to clone them and reset the veg>flower phase. Have any growers here been successful in maintaining a clone cycle from their AF plants? Can I hope to get another grow from my Northern Lights AF or is this usually a one-time kinda deal?

2- Can I determine when exactly will my Northern Lights AF go into bloom?
The web says this strain usually takes 9-10 weeks from sprouting. Mine sprouted 4/20 :high-five: and I believe I'm going into my 5th now on a continuous 24hr light periods (click here for my journal). I'd like to be able to determine when to switch my nutes from VEG to BLOOM, and if possible the ideal time to take cutlings (if any).

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read/reply :Namaste:

Re: [grower help] Cloning & Autoflowers

Not worth even dealing with. Autos can not handle any stress at all or your yield will suck. So when you clone one for starters it will be at the same time frame as mother so now it will be stressed trying to root and will go into flower soon and be under developed.

Thanks CO_Finest. You helped confirm my doubts (~.-)

I'd love to get an understanding on how one could confidently split veg/flower cycles for an AF if it's set for 10 weeks on a 24 light cycle

I would say the best way is to grow the same strain so you know all the time frames it does. Then you can master that one and start others. Just remember to make notes threw every grow. I do notes every day.

You can do anything you want to an Auto. Cut it. Clone it. Stress it.

And then you risk a yield falling under 1g dry. This is from experience. I had an Auto sick and stressed from Pythium, yielded under 1g dry. Good smoke, but under a gram sucks for 2+ months of work.

Autos are best used as autos. A little LST, SCROG, SOG, they're all great. But I wouldn't top, FIM, clone or anything else that requires cutting or high levels of stress. I've read about some guys being able to clone them, some able to re-veg, but for the work involved and the diminishing returns, it's not worth it.

For all the effort required you can grow another Auto (Or a Fem, or even Regulars) and yield a lot more.

Topping and cloning autos works (I'm on 4th clone of Amnesia Auto), but yield seems like about 20%. Seed banks have found a way to sell you new seeds for each plant you want to grow. Can you smell SCAM? I do.

Topping and cloning autos works (I'm on 4th clone of Amnesia Auto), but yield seems like about 20%. Seed banks have found a way to sell you new seeds for each plant you want to grow. Can you smell SCAM? I do.

It really isnt a scam. They were developed for shorter yield times, not to make people buy more.

an plant's genetic disposition to for without light cycle changes can hardly be called a designed ploy by breeders to scam growers for more seeds, it is just the characteristic of auto plants.

And once again.........SAME RESULT.

And, oh yes, WE determine their genetic disposition.

I'm really not a conspiracy theorist. I'm just sayin'...

Back
Top Bottom