Grower near Ontario needs help

Northstar 89

420 Member
Hey everyone,
New here, have grown on and off indoors for about 10 years. Asking for help with one of my plants, it is 3 weeks into flowering white widow female and it looks like rust color is appearing on leaves (on whole plant) and some leaves were dry crispy to the touch. I run it under a Mars Hydro TSW 2000 at 100% about 20-21 inches. Doesn't seem to be burning. The 2 other plants are unaffected completely and look normal. I plan to test the ph of the next runoff when it comes time, thinking maybe flush it? Using Fox Farm happy frog soil and following the fox farm scheduled nutrients guide and this is the first problem I've encountered. I keep temperature between 21-24° Celcius and 30% humidity. Room is well ventilated always has been. Any advice? Thanks.

20201123_153737_HDR.jpg

20201123_153726_HDR.jpg

20201123_153707_HDR.jpg

Hey everyone,
New here, have grown on and off indoors for about 10 years. Asking for help with one of my plants, it is 3 weeks into flowering white widow female and it looks like rust color is appearing on leaves (on whole plant) and some leaves were dry crispy to the touch. I run it under a Mars Hydro TSW 2000 at 100% about 20-21 inches. Doesn't seem to be burning. The 2 other plants are unaffected completely and look normal. I plan to test the ph of the next runoff when it comes time, thinking maybe flush it? Using Fox Farm happy frog soil and following the fox farm scheduled nutrients guide and this is the first problem I've encountered. I keep temperature between 21-24° Celcius and 30% humidity. Room is well ventilated always has been. Any advice? Thanks.

20201123_153737_HDR.jpg

20201123_153726_HDR.jpg

20201123_153707_HDR.jpg
Hi @Northstar 89 & welcome to :420:

I'm not sure on how close your supposed to be with those lights but wish you a warm welcome and drop by the Ontario growers group!

Eventually you'll want to start up a grow journal so folks can help along the way.

Edited to remove mistake

Welcome to the forum @Northstar 89 :welcome:

My eyes are not what they once were :nerd-with-glasses:but it looks like over feeding :hmmmm: ...are there little blisters near the necrosis? If so back off the nutrients for awhile and just give her water, her lower leaves will start turning yellow when she needs to fed again...don't let them go completely yellow, catch it when they "start to turn" yellow :thumb:

welcome to 420, you don't have to wait to check the ph from the run off. You can dig into the dirt for about couple inche and grab some dirt from there. Then with distilled water have a ration of 1/1 and mix the dirt every hour for 15 min. If you could let the soil in the mix settle and you can read the ph which would be the proper reading

Hey NorthStar,

Welcome to 420! Runoff tells you nothing useful, if you are checking ph or ppms then worry about your inputs. Runoff contains fine sediments and chemicals salts from nutes so it’s an inflated number anyway. What happens is growers are convinced there is a problem, they test the runoff and then adjust the inputs to get a different / higher / lower value in the runoff - don’t chase that rabbit, it leads nowhere good.

Usually leaf necrosis is caused by a pH lockout for whatever reason. Start at the water and where is you water coming from? Are you filtering it whats the pH?

You may have too much of something in your water and you're adding more with the fertilzers. Are you following the pH guideline on the nutrient label??

any spraying with lights on?

Back
Top Bottom