Growers Choice Sour Kush & Northern Lights Autos 2019

Growers of 420 mag I'd like to hello again. I've already been welcomed and helped by plenty of you, thank you.
I'm growing two Northern lights and two Sour kush autos. Two of my plants are 30 days old, according to atrain they're about to enter preflower, and I have one more that just broke soil. I'm waiting to see what happens with the fourth. The tap root grew maybe 1cm while the other was an inch long, I planted it anyway. The two 30 day plant were over watered stunting their growth.

Northern Light _________ Sour Kush ___________ don't know yet
IMG_20191119_000755_2.jpgIMG_20191119_000805_3.jpgIMG_20191119_000812_0.jpg
Temp: 70 to 80 (21 to 27)degrees
Rh: 50 to 65
Tent size: 3 by 3 feet
Water: Plain ph'd tap water 125ml per watering
Grow Light: Viparspectra 600 (actually wattage 260)
Pots: 3 gallon Viparspectra fabric pots
Soil Mixture: Ace all purpose soil .07-.01.-.03 , Mushroom compost, Dr. Earth Kelp meal 1-.5-2, Azomite Volcanic Ash 0-0-.2,
Jobe's Organic Bone Meal 2-14-0 and Jobe's Organic All Purpose Fertilizer 4-4-4.

For fertilizer I'm thinking I don't need any, but I do have more Jobe's all purpose ready to go or should I purchase
some advance nutrients ph perfect grow bloom and micro? The fact it ph's water is a clear advantage over General Hydro.
Also I'm watching for cal mag deficiency to determine if the volcanic ash can carry these plants through.

Growers of 420 mag I'd like to hello again. I've already been welcomed and helped by plenty of you, thank you.
I'm growing two Northern lights and two Sour kush autos. Two of my plants are 30 days old, according to atrain they're about to enter preflower, and I have one more that just broke soil. I'm waiting to see what happens with the fourth. The tap root grew maybe 1cm while the other was an inch long, I planted it anyway. The two 30 day plant were over watered stunting their growth.

Northern Light _________ Sour Kush ___________ don't know yet
IMG_20191119_000755_2.jpgIMG_20191119_000805_3.jpgIMG_20191119_000812_0.jpg
Temp: 70 to 80 (21 to 27)degrees
Rh: 50 to 65
Tent size: 3 by 3 feet
Water: Plain ph'd tap water 125ml per watering
Grow Light: Viparspectra 600 (actually wattage 260)
Pots: 3 gallon Viparspectra fabric pots
Soil Mixture: Ace all purpose soil .07-.01.-.03 , Mushroom compost, Dr. Earth Kelp meal 1-.5-2, Azomite Volcanic Ash 0-0-.2,
Jobe's Organic Bone Meal 2-14-0 and Jobe's Organic All Purpose Fertilizer 4-4-4.

For fertilizer I'm thinking I don't need any, but I do have more Jobe's all purpose ready to go or should I purchase
some advance nutrients ph perfect grow bloom and micro? The fact it ph's water is a clear advantage over General Hydro.
Also I'm watching for cal mag deficiency to determine if the volcanic ash can carry these plants through.

You will need nutrients, probably in the not too distant future. I'd stay away from Advanced Nutrients. Some folks here think it's a money pit. The line of nutrients does work well, but one of the comments in these forums sums it up nicely - you need to go play in the lab to mix them.

Instead of Advanced Nutrients, I'm going to recommend Mega Crop. It's a one part dry nutrient, that's good from seed to harvest. You don't need to adjust the pH, just add the appropriate amount to tap water and give it a good stir (for soil growing). It also beats every nutrient line I know of in the price department. You can get a free sample from the manufacturer, just pay the shipping costs. I bought 2.5Kg of it for $35 CAD or about $25 USD. My cost per grow is less than just the General Hydroponics' Flora Bloom I was using before I switched. You can find out more in The Mega Crop Thread.

You'll find lots of good information for soil growing in Emilya's current journal. Her paper, The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant' is considered a must read for those growing in soil.

You will need nutrients, probably in the not too distant future. I'd stay away from Advanced Nutrients. Some folks here think it's a money pit. The line of nutrients does work well, but one of the comments in these forums sums it up nicely - you need to go play in the lab to mix them.

Instead of Advanced Nutrients, I'm going to recommend Mega Crop. It's a one part dry nutrient, that's good from seed to harvest. You don't need to adjust the pH, just add the appropriate amount to tap water and give it a good stir (for soil growing). It also beats every nutrient line I know of in the price department. You can get a free sample from the manufacturer, just pay the shipping costs. I bought 2.5Kg of it for $35 CAD or about $25 USD. My cost per grow is less than just the General Hydroponics' Flora Bloom I was using before I switched. You can find out more in The Mega Crop Thread.

You'll find lots of good information for soil growing in Emilya's current journal. Her paper, The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant' is considered a must read for those growing in soil.
Thanks

Okay guys and girls it's been over a week so time for an updated.
Picture 1 is sour kush the second is northern lights and the third is a sour kush. I planted two more seeds at the same time I planted the second sour kush but they haven't broken soil yet.
IMG_20191125_224832_5.jpg
IMG_20191125_224815_5.jpg
IMG_20191125_224842_4.jpg

Hopefully the pace of growth will accelerate soon, but with losing three weeks of growth I'm not so sure it will. I see a little discoloration on the northern lights. Maybe it's time to add nutrients? I'm still watering with 125 ml per plant.

Day 48 and the plants are not growing at a normal pace, so I'm giving up on these plants. The NL and SK are literally 1 inch tall after 48 days and the small one is still developing it's second set of leaves and yes I stopped watering so much. This hobby is becoming more and more costly every time I have to buy new seeds. I guess you see why I named myself Destined to begin with. Dreams don't come true.

Attachments

• IMG_20191207_131908_2.jpg
    IMG_20191207_131908_2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20191207_133350_2.jpg
    IMG_20191207_133350_2.jpg
    783.2 KB · Views: 113
Something is definitely wrong. The second plant is flowering!

Let's see if we can diagnose what happened...
It does not look like a lighting issue. You have tight node spacing, and the tips of the leaves don't appear to be burned.
The cotyledons appear yellow, indicating the plant is drawing nutrients from them.
Looking back, I see the leaves turned yellow early, indicating not enough nitrogen. The nutrients in the soil appear to be wrong for cannabis.

Are you going to start again? If so, are you willing to change the soil to something more suitable? We can find a mentor for you that can help with soil, soil less, or hydroponic grows. Do you want one?

I think you are right, that these plants cannot be saved.

Here are mine at 14 days from sprout....better homes and gardens natural and organic soil- 8 dollers a bag from Walmart and Dr. Earth home grown 3 tablespoons and Dr. E flower girl 3 tabel spoons and a 1 gallon pots from Walmart hydro crunch...no nutes just rain water and Ph tap...small tent with Mars Hydro ts 600...the rest are in roots organic original soil..no nutes yet either...the Walmart plant is not to far behind the RO original...hope this helps..I'm on a budget and tapped out myself...good luck

Attachments

• IMG_20200325_205848.jpg
    IMG_20200325_205848.jpg
    761.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 15852647828651803309784.jpg
    15852647828651803309784.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom