Growers plz read

AdultSwim

I was wondering, you know how the basic rule for lighting is 50w/sq. ft...I was wondering if that's the whole grow space, or just the space that the plants will be taking up. Because if I were to grow in my closet, I would need 750 w of lighting, and I don't think I could fit all those in.
Also, what are your favorite lights? I hear High Intensity Discharge (HID) are the best, and more specifically High Pressure Sodium lights. Where the fuck do I find these? thx

There arn't many hardcore growers left on the forums... has anyone noticed that?

home depot. if its in your closet, then just use a couple lights. i grow outdoors typically. but im going to start some indoors for the hell of it.

It depends on how many plants u wanna grow. If u only wanna grow 4, i would suggest a 400 HPS light for blooming and maybe some florescents for vegitative stage (home depot will have'em).

The rule of thumb is usually 1 plant per square foot, so go by that, and make sure you have 50 watts per plant. :)

Since u r in the states, you may be able to go to your local hydroponics store. If you live a small town, there are several places online that will ship u shit really discreetly.

Hell u can even go to ebay, but if u want a store, just type in hydroponics store into google or yahoo and you will pull up all kinds of shit. Just do your research and u will find a legit supplier.

Hey whut happened to my post?
Dangit!

9 square feet

a 400WT lamp will effectively iluminate a 3x3 space=9sqft'(44 WTs psf)about 9 plants,maximize the area with a good reflective material,and a fan to exhaust the heat generated from the lamp,you can purchase everything you'll need at brew&grow....Buster
Peace

i use compact fouroesent these grow bud prety good althow hid lights (high intensity discharge) work better. metal hilide (spelling)works good for the growing stage known as vegitation altho you it is not nesseary to getthis scince growning plants dont need as much lights and are most sensitive to heat and light. High press. sod. has a red spectrum in contract to the blue spectrum of a veg. lamp. the red spectrum is good for plants in the budding or flowering stage because the red spectrum is a good imitator of the short days of fall you will also need to change your light cycle from 24/0 or 18/6 to 12/12. this will induce flowering about the qwestion about the 50 watt rule just put the lights you have and just grow less plants and there is no problem

400 metal halide for veg and a 400 or 1000 hps for flower,i have both w/batwings for around 100.00,brand new my friend.400 is alot quieter also.the 1000 is awsome for 6 plants on up,400 is quiet,lil heat,good for vegg.get a setup that has both,i have that also 2- 400 watt units,hps/mh ,thats the bomb.

Yes indeed

j842p said:
There arn't many hardcore growers left on the forums... has anyone noticed that?

I was a large fan about three or four years ago when I started my first grow. This site helped my out so much. Back then like everyone that replied the most, you know, replied throughout the whole site was a "professional" grower. You could ask a question and half an hour later you would have a very specific answer. This site was great back then...its still good but it has changed very dramaticaly.

Back
Top Bottom