Growing 6 Plants - Vegging For 4 Months

As I already stated

Light deprivation technique

You would want to bring the plant into a dark chamber at a certain time, and remove it at a certain time. The same times everyday. For instance, to ensure I keep my ladies flowering I put them in at ~6PM and remove them at 9 AM.

Here is post that I made months ago on a different thread explaining it

A hot thing for greenhouse growers outdoors is to use what's called a "blackout tarp", in order to bump seasonal harvests up to 3 or potentially 4 times. It is a great technique because the angle of the sun during the vegetative cycle for our naturally flowering ladies is especially condusive towards trichome production. There is a high level of UV in the middle of the summer, it really helped me get nice and dense buds months and months before my naturally flowering ladies even started flowering. I personally did not use the blackout tarp, as that would be for entire crops/green houses. I just selectively force flowered the plant that I wanted by putting into a blackout chamber daily as to give it the schedule of light I needed.

Yeah, it's very simple. Just make sure your chamber or dark area is completely dark and that its not too cramped up, if it is cramped up and there's no air flow then you risk mold chances. So I always stick one of those "Damprid moisture absorber" products in there with them just in case. People have different techniques and do things differently, I'm just telling you what I do. So roughly speaking, yeah they'll get about 15 hours of darkness. It is all geared toward my schedule and whatnot and that schedule which I've found for my plants luckily fits right in to having to move the plant inside right before dinner and out right before breakfast. Theoretically, you could remove the plant from the chamber once the sun has set, and that should be enough to keep it in flower, but if you don't want to take any chances (like me) I just leave them in there for the duration of the night.

Hope this helps... you can really see how it works if you start off with a fresh plant that hasn't started flowering and see that she will indeed flower hard for you, I have seen many harvests this way.

Ok so here is what i did i got a fridge box cut a hole on the side with a fan blowing air out of the box its not air tight on the bottom so it has the ability to draw in fresh air. i just don't know if its gonna be 100% light tight in the morning time from 7 to 9am but it should be better than what its been in the last few weeks. so how long do you think i will have to do this for?is there anything else i need to do?

20140503_205325.jpg
20140503_205245.jpg
20140503_205259.jpg
20140503_205305.jpg

Should be fine as long as it doesn't leak too much light. Looks interesting :thumb: Nice rig with the fan.

You would do this until the buds are ready to be harvested... as the days get longer the plants can become signaled to vegetate or re vegetate. This method keeps them into hard flower.

Yeah, like I said, I just literally move the pot in and out of the dark place, so that might be less labor intensive than having to rig a box every day. It's certainly a lot of work, but atleast you have a method where you know what to do if the plant goes into massive reveg during mid-bloom, there is something you can do to fix it. :thumb:

I have such a bad gofer problem right now. i couldn't if i wanted to. I've tried everything to get these guys but i can't. I've tried poison,traps,flares,even sit there with my gun ready to shot one when i see the dirt moving. Maybe i should hook up some car exhaust and put it in a hole.

I should find a gofer forum to try other things to kill these bastards. I'm tired of walking in the back yard and stepping in gofer holes this shit just got real bad this month. never had gofer problems before. Shit maybe they smell the weed plants and want some.

can you flood em out?
just a thought we don't have critters like that here
only rats and mice mongoose don't go near people

Nope can't do the water it just soaks in the ground they have burrows that run everywhere thru the yard. They probably have over a 1,000 ft of tunnel if not more. They are a real pain to get rid of. might have to call an exterminator for these bastards.

you tried like wolf piss or smoke em out?
maybe get a grout pump and grout out their holes
cant dig through concrete
or
do the caddy shack thing and blow everything up
just a thought

Back
Top Bottom