Growing 6 Plants - Vegging For 4 Months

haven't tried that
I can tell you about the ex sponsors who shant be named or botanicare

So i decided to change up the darkness issue. i built a box frame sorry one at that luck i don't build houses. put a blackout banner i had laying around it does leak a lil light but not much i might be able to fine tune it tomorrow. but all i have to do is tip it over to take it off. hopefully it works out.

Don't laugh at my box. :laughtwo::rofl:
20140506_200720.jpg

you might have done better with something like panda film where one side is white and one side is black
the reason I say this is because you can put the white side facing out and the black in
because im not sure how many hours of sun it has to sit in covered as it is black and it will
absorb heat so how hot and humid will it get in there?
panda film with white facing out will be cooler as white reflects light
just a thought but you did do a great job on it :thumb:

its gtonna get sun in the morning so it won't be hot in the morning. then in the evening its gonna get sun but the tail end of it. I'm gonna check the temp when i open it in 2 hrs. as for the light leak I'm gonna fine tune it today. but i don't think its gonna get hot in there cause its never gonna be in the sun when its hot it'll just get it in when the sun is coming up and going down.

Plants are very dynamic and complex organisms that have internal body clocks, like all living things we know of. They can not only sense the amount of daylight changing, but they can sense how fast that light is changing as well. They are highly capable of performing complex calculations that will benefit their survival. :morenutes:

I would start pulling off some of those dead leaves and cleaning her up. Gently cup a cola with the palm of your hand and see how much resistive force their is, meaning if the buds are reasonably dense or not. Or just very aerated... It looks like they have some density, and I'm sure they are frosty as hell with the heat we've been having lately. Depending on how you feel about the plant, take a sample, let it dry, puff it, and see how it makes you feel - then make your decision. I tend to avoid revegetation because usually, not always, the buds turn out leafier and less optimal than they could be. But it just depends on when they get revegetated. That's why a lot of people like to plant their fall crop either in mid/late June so they can completely avoid any chances for the plant to dart into flower and then end up going into reveg. So in a sense, we need to "time the sexual maturity" of the plant correctly. It is dependent on each strain, since not all of them reach sexual maturity at the same rate.

For my plants that I aim to harvest around mid Summer, I try to put them into force flower before they get a chance to recognize that the day light hours are actually increasing, so in a sense it is me pushing them across the finish line without a possibility of reveg. Force flowering can be done from beginning to end, meaning the plant could still be in veg, and you can get harvests any time regardless of vegetation period for the naturally flowering plants.

I did take a sample today. i washed it and letting dry out as i type. ill try it out in a week or so and see how it goes. thanks for the info. i never knew the light change would have that much of an effect on them i thought i was more like 12/12 but i guess i was wrong again. still need lots to learn. thanks again

you pull one now and try it in a week if you like how it is itll be a week past
just a thought

Your plant appears to have a magnesium deficiency evident by the upward curled and folded leaves, your plant is so far into flowering and close to harvest I would correct the situation. For a magnesium deficiency you can either use Epson Salts at 1 teaspoon per gallon or use a calcium and magnesium supplement at 5 millilitres per gallon. Calcium and magnesium supplementation should be discontinued 2 weeks prior to harvest.

https://www.botanicare.com Cal-Mag 2-0-0

https://www.perfectgardens.com botanicare cal-mag plus gallon

Back
Top Bottom