Growing A Legend: An Auto Tribute To Jack Herer

You need to look at what you do different from anyone else here and start to narrow it down. You can eliminate lighting now as a difference, and assuming you have solved the cold floor problem, it's down to soil and nutes. Any basic boring unamended potting soil would be the place to start. No added nutes, no fish compost. Most of us are either adding nutes specific to where the plant is in its life, or we are building soil from the ground up (!) with amendments tailored to our plants.

In a pinch, you might be better off with the most basic soil and two different types of Miracle Grow nutes (one higher in N and the other higher in PK) than what you're currently growing in. This assuming you're not able to commit to one line of cannabis nutes or the other.

Just my thoughts.
Well, I'm trying a seed in this stuff as well as three different unferted soils to see what does what. I guess I shoulda put a photo in there but I'll be potting up eventually anyway.

have u tried Hempy??

I've changed over completely and going well for me
I'd never find anything like that in a cowtown like this. That sounds like something I ain't gonna get at WalMart.

Can you get perlite?
I've used that and it doesn't make a difference. I gave up using perlite because I'm using airpots now. But an airpot with perlite doesn't even help.

So anyways, I just shared a couple joints with the wife and I'm a little less frustrated now haw! But something just occurred to me: I give my plants wellwater from the tap. Now that stuff is high in nitrogen (dissolved N2 gas) and low in oxygen (O2) when it comes from the ground. Now I pour it into my watering jug with the tap on at max, so the bubbling aerates the water pretty good (don't argue with me when it comes to oxygenating water haha), and as the water warms up, some of the oxygen may leave through the surface, but not much if any.

Is there anything else about wellwater that would fuck up plants? Does anyone else here use it for their plants? Thoughts?

Time for another smoke and go to bed. Have a good night and a better day tomorrow.

Hey Fly! :high-five:

Have you tested your well water?

Hempy is simply a method of growing in perlite. If ya can’t find a good soil mix, you should at least be able to get some perlite. You say you grew in perlite before. What exactly did you do?
:passitleft:

Have you tested your well water?

Hempy is simply a method of growing in perlite. If ya can’t find a good soil mix, you should at least be able to get some perlite. You say you grew in perlite before. What exactly did you do?
:passitleft:
Oh, sorry, no I misunderstood you. I thought you meant putting perlite in the soil haha. No, I've never done anything like that. I keep to soil because of availability and price; I'm on a tight budget.

Well-water can have really high pH! Have you a meter perhaps, or even some test strips?
I can test it up to work. We got a meter up there.

Got my niece's cat barred in the bedroom with me (long, pathetic story) and it's in heat. I'm all but getting raped here. But anyways, I got some nice skunky potent stuff in me and the wife loves it mow too, as I knew she would. So many people have been telling her the benefits of it so she finally gave it an honest try a couple months back. Puts her out like sleeping pills never did and she has a problem with her shoulder that it sometimes goes out of whack like my back, I guess. So she lined up a bit tonight and now her shoulder feels good and she's asleep.

But anyway, I gotta work tomorrow so I'll catch ya tomorrow. Have a good night man!

Oh, sorry, no I misunderstood you. I thought you meant putting perlite in the soil haha. No, I've never done anything like that. I keep to soil because of availability and price; I'm on a tight budget.
Actually now that I think about it Fly.....growing in perlite (aka Hempy) might actually be your best bet brother. You should really talk with Chris about it.

Actually now that I think about it Fly.....growing in perlite (aka Hempy) might actually be your best bet brother. You should really talk with Chris about it.
That's using hydro?

I think thats right Fly , i had asked before , Let me get this shit right cause i don't know ... Never grown a Auto and thinking about it outside , so Don't get a soil mix that is feeding for 3 months? Feed it WHEN ? If i dig a hole and put dirt (mix?) in it what would it be and when to feed what >? With Photos i have used Miracle grow soil with time release feed and after the 3 months wait more miracle grow feed/water mix then when flowering time fish emulsion . And water at the end to get the stink out .. :eek:

A brief description of the hempy method that I provided in a previous post:

Hempy is the name for a manual watering hydro technique. Basically a bucket filled with mostly free-draining media (usually a perlite/vermiculite mix, coco/perlite, just perlite, etc), and a small drain hole ~2” up from the bottom, which creates a shallow reservoir. You provide nutrients (usually 1/4 to 1/2 strength, and up if the plant will take it) by watering from the top until there is sufficient “flush” of reservoir (20-30% runoff). Typically results in much faster/larger growth than soil (after roots reach the reservoir).

Look for SweetSue’s Hempy Headquarters thread for abundant information.

You can do hempy with just perlite. You will be in complete control of your plant’s nutrition, with no mystery about what’s going on in the soil.

It’s very simple, but I recommend that you look into the variety of techniques and experiences that others have by checking out SweetSue’s thread.
:ganjamon:

I think thats right Fly , i had asked before , Let me get this shit right cause i don't know ... Never grown a Auto and thinking about it outside , so Don't get a soil mix that is feeding for 3 months? Feed it WHEN ? If i dig a hole and put dirt (mix?) in it what would it be and when to feed what >? With Photos i have used Miracle grow soil with time release feed and after the 3 months wait more miracle grow feed/water mix then when flowering time fish emulsion . And water at the end to get the stink out .. :eek:
Most Auto strains don’t seem to need much in the way of nutes during veg. Any potting soil/mix that states it feeds for 3 months likely includes too much Nitrogen, which will probably cause issues during flowering.

You can do hempy with just perlite. You will be in complete control of your plant’s nutrition, with no mystery about what’s going on in the soil.

It’s very simple, but I recommend that you look into the variety of techniques and experiences that others have by checking out SweetSue’s thread.
I think @Tead was the one to get SweetSue going on it. I would actually recommend if he is curious about growing in Hempy....he get in touch with Tead. Might just be the best option for Fly with his tight budget.

Fly, you can rinse and clean the perlite after grows and reuse it as well. Its nice as well because you can grow in smaller containers and still grow bigger plants (photos). Not really sure why I didn't think about Hempy for you brother....but I HIGHLY suggest you take a look into it.

Indeed VS! :high-five:

And Tead is a frequent contributor to Sue’s current thread (although it’s been a bit slow lately - a perfect opportunity to catch up, Fly!), so he is constantly updating and refining the system.

I agree with VS. I think it might be a terrific solution for you, Fly. My brother @BTzGrow has already started some clones in Hempy’s original 3:1 mix of perlite and vermiculite and reports amazing results. I am planning on trying a pot or two out with my next grow to compare yield, taste, and potency with the same strain in a LOS pot.
:surf:

When I use it in the outdoors/greenhouse the spring it'll be with photos so they'll be able to last it out. I may even try it with some miracle-gro on a plant or two to see what happens. But it would go good in with the used soil I put in the ditch; the plan there is to hide a few plants behind a row of sunflowers and stuff.

It's seems like an excellent method, but the nutes would need to be obtained from a specialty shop and there's nothing like that around here. I'd have to go into the city to get that stuff. I'm just going to keep trying different soils until I find something that works.

Back
Top Bottom