Growing A Legend: An Auto Tribute To Jack Herer

Yeah, I hope so too. Fuck I hate snow. It would be a LOT more tolerable if my back was even a little better.
Would I still go with my estimate of three cookies per gram of pre-decarbed bud? It'd be good to know for next time.
When you're smoking fatties you decarb as you smoke, so the numbers would be the same. Keep in mind that edibles and inhaled can have quite different effects in terms of dosing!

Nice collection! Mine are just written on the envelopes that they're in. Where do you store your seeds? I keep mine in the fridge. Dark and cool but not freezing.
I keep mine in the fridge as well, but I put them in individual sealed bags, then put the bags into a mason jar with desiccant in it. I've heard fridges can get humid, and it's better to store them at low humidity. I vaccum packed a lot into light-proof bags with a friend's FoodSaver too. My GT and PGSC x Cherry OG for example are divied up over vaccum-packed 5 packs.

But since then I've got lazy and it's kind of hard to borrow a foodsaver all the time, so I just put them in bags, or some in little silicone dab containers I clean out, then wrap in tape.

Cold, dark and dry is all you need really though. In fact on some of the vaccum packed seeds I've unpacked, the skins of the seeds kind of peel off, so I'm not sure that's a great thing to do for them.

We got a couple inches of snow, thats about it. Not at all like they were originally calling for. Air just stayed too warm and too dry for good accumulation.
Yeah, they weren't sure if we'd be in the path of it or if it would hit a little east of here. Flip of a coin.

When you're smoking fatties you decarb as you smoke, so the numbers would be the same. Keep in mind that edibles and inhaled can have quite different effects in terms of dosing!
What would you suggest in cookies/gram? Seems like a good unit to use.

Couldn't tell ya since I'm not a baker. I can tell you the maximum dose per edible in Oregon is 5mg and I think Washington is 10mg.
So how much bud would you put in a given sized batch of cookies?

#1 was too dull? Too non-hispanic?

Batch? Pretty vague :). 12 cookies x 5mg = 60 mg in the mix. Just gotta figure how many you're making and how high you wanna get on each one!
It's the calculating the mg part that I'm vague about. I can picture let's say 10g of bud but I'm hazy on how to get to mg of THC from there?

It's the calculating the mg part that I'm vague about. I can picture let's say 10g of bud but I'm hazy on how to get to mg of THC from there?
If you're just adding straight bud (rather than making butter which changes things), you just do this math:
Percentage of THC in your bud x Amount of bud.
If your bud is 10% THC (based on the breeder's specs and your best guess at how yours compares) and you have 10 grams of bud, then you have 1 gram of THC in that bud. 1 gram = 1000 mg. Done!

If you're just adding straight bud (rather than making butter which changes things), you just do this math:
If your bud is 10% THC (based on the breeder's specs and your best guess at how yours compares) and you have 10 grams of bud, then you have 1 gram of THC in that bud. 1 gram = 1000 mg. Done!
Yeah I think that works okay for large doses, it's what I do, but I'm not sure how accurate it is if you wanted to do little 5-10mg doses. I talked to the company that I do my analysis testing through and they say even a single bud off a plant can vary +/- 5-10%, and one bud from another on the same plant will vary as well, so you have to consider a pretty wide margarine of error.

Oh, ok, I was trying to look for something too difficult, trying to factor in too much haha.

Yeah I think that works okay for large doses, it's what I do, but I'm not sure how accurate it is if you wanted to do little 5-10mg doses. I talked to the company that I do my analysis testing through and they say even a single bud off a plant can vary +/- 5-10%, and one bud from another on the same plant will vary as well, so you have to consider a pretty wide margarine of error.
Grooooaaaaannnnn.

Back
Top Bottom