Growing A Legend: An Auto Tribute To Jack Herer

Yeahhh there we go I knew there was something round that was mentioned. haha

See if there's any around I can find. I think cinder blocks might be more plentiful though.

autos only start flowering by age no other factor can change that, keeping them cooler will just slow growth resulting in a smaller plant when it shifts to flower, it is all genetics ... every strain ( read: mix of genes) has a different trigger age

Well that's what is interesting to me though, Van's ( and some others here ) already have well developed flowers and mine is barely showing pistills. Mine is barely a day younger than Van's so it seems like there's gotta be some other factor besides age. Size/maturity maybe?

Just to throw in my 2 cents. Mine is now over 24” tall, and flowering at the same pace as the rest of my girls. They all flipped at the same time, based on size of the biggest getting too big. They have seemed to follow suite with the rest of the crop, and they are stretching like CRAZY! She literally grew over two inches last night. Leaves are pointing for the sky and She seems to be really happy with the nutes I’m feeding everybody. The crazy thing is, you would never know she an auto! Im excited to see her flower alongside the photos!
This is yesterday, I didn’t snap photos this morning, but you get the idea. The JHA is right amongst the measuring stick. The tallest branch is just behind the measuring stick, but you can see most of it.

Hope all have a great weekend!

Cheers

Just to throw in my 2 cents. Mine is now over 24” tall, and flowering at the same pace as the rest of my girls. They all flipped at the same time, based on size of the biggest getting too big. They have seemed to follow suite with the rest of the crop, and they are stretching like CRAZY! She literally grew over two inches last night. Leaves are pointing for the sky and She seems to be really happy with the nutes I’m feeding everybody. The crazy thing is, you would never know she an auto! Im excited to see her flower alongside the photos!
This is yesterday, I didn’t snap photos this morning, but you get the idea. The JHA is right amongst the measuring stick. The tallest branch is just behind the measuring stick, but you can see most of it.
Cheers
That's a beauty Jesse!

Well the time has come to prop this little thing up to the light. Mine isn't trying to flower as much as the rest of y'alls, plus it's getting crowded by the other plants. So I went to flip a bucket upside down and set it on top... Well shit, the bucket is too wide for my run-off tray. Back to the drawing board I guess... Someone mentioned a cinder block. Seems like it would probably be about the same height as putting it on a 5 gal bucket.

Any other ideas? I'm not really sure what I have around.

Kind of got me thinking about what makes auto flowers decide when it's time to flower over our photo-period plants. It must be similar to the whole "growing degree days" of fruit species? Basically it's like, once the plant has had enough days of good growing temperature, that's when it decides it can flower. Maybe you could prolong the vegetative phase by keeping temperatures low.
This is what I prop my smaller pots up on. It's like a weird combination of foam sandwiched between a couple pieces of poster board, used for transporting cases of vaccine for the fish. But what it's made of isn't as relevant as what it is; you can make it out of whatever you want, as long as it can handle the runoff on the bottom.

autos only start flowering by age no other factor can change that, keeping them cooler will just slow growth resulting in a smaller plant when it shifts to flower, it is all genetics ... every strain ( read: mix of genes) has a different trigger age
I'm finding that out with the JHa now,

Cheers
Wicked! I need a bigger growroom, even a fraction of that size.

I keep a bunch of milk crates around the barn to raise & lower my girls. I like that the crates are stackable and they lock together well when stacked.

Oh yeah, and they finally took away my signature. I'll have to start a new one right after I scrap the new one that I'm working on now. That's ok, it'll give me something to do when my head comes out of the clouds next week.

Pulled about an 8th of popcorn off my Green Crack auto a couple weeks ago. It's just been sitting on a drying rack waiting to become butter...
Well, I went a bit Dankrupt lately because all of these girls are running longer than expected....
Long story short; wake n bake this morning with said popcorn buds knocked my socks off! I had "Forrest Whittaker eye" for like an hour.

Haha!
Can't wait til these girls are harvested/dried/cured.
:ganjamon:

Thats the doc from The Cannonball Run LOL...that dude was nuts!
Lol yeah I couldn't really remember what movies I'd seen him in, but that guy's face is unmistakeable

So I snapped a little pic of the vermicompost bin last night. It's got mixed berries, apple slices, carrots, cannabis leaves and sawdust in there for the wormies to munch on.

My other mix that I'm not composting in, I amended with neem and oyster shell to try to get the pH down, and it looks like it's working out, went from 7.5-8 to 7 flat over a few days, but I don't think I should plant anything in it for a couple weeks probably. I'm more worried about the flies that have gotten into both bins!

Back
Top Bottom