Growing A Legend: An Auto Tribute To Jack Herer

What kind of stuff do you generally like to read?

I tend to read a couple different genres. I love fantasy/sci fi (think Lord of the Rings and shit like that) and I love stuff like Brad Thor and Vince Flynn who I guess would be considered political thrillers. I don't think I really consider it political thriller, its more like anti terror related stuff so I suppose you could classify it as political. Both those two authors are as good as it gets in that genre.

I also used to love reading stuff by Clive Cussler and stuff by David Baldacci.

Ms Stank used to love reading the Jack Reacher novels until they made movies and cast Tom Cruise as the lead (horrible casting for a 6'5" 250 lb badass).

If you like historical fiction, you could check out Bernard Cornwell. They made a really good show based off his series that you can find on Netflix called "The Last Kingdom". They have two seasons available on that show.

I tend to read a couple different genres. I love fantasy/sci fi (think Lord of the Rings and shit like that) and I love stuff like Brad Thor and Vince Flynn who I guess would be considered political thrillers. I don't think I really consider it political thriller, its more like anti terror related stuff so I suppose you could classify it as political. Both those two authors are as good as it gets in that genre.

Ms Stank used to love reading the Jack Reacher novels until they made movies and cast Tom Cruise as the lead (horrible casting for a 6'5" 250 lb badass).

If you like historical fiction, you could check out Bernard Cornwell. They made a really good show based off his series that you can find on Netflix called "The Last Kingdom". They have two seasons available on that show.

may i recommend reading David Brin .... in particular his Uplift - trilogy and his Uplift Storm trilogy also sold as Exiles trilogy
he wrote the postman but these books i mentioned are incredible ... they are what i call high fantasy scifi with timelines spanning millenia up to millions of years describing a universe that is governed by a cycle of species being uplifted by their patron races , planets being exploited for millenia but then are laid fallow for millions of years to let it restore itself and its species so sapience can re-appear ... really well told ... no antropomorphic aliens or very few ... best stories ive ever read!!!

I don't really have much of a typical reading roster. I use to like Stephen Hunter action novels, but then I got a little older and they don't hold up as well. I've read some nice sci-fi stuff, I guess called "steam punk", stuff like "Snow Crash" or better yet the "Cryptonomicon", it mixed in like cryptotech with historical fiction involving WW2. I think those were from Neil Gibson.

When I was working, my work required extensive traveling (I was on the road close to 250 days a year) so I killed a lot of time in airplanes and airports with books, not to mention boring nights in hotel rooms. My reading has kind of become stagnant since the back injury.

I used to read about 2 books a week on a good week......one a week on a bad week.

I tend to read a couple different genres. I love fantasy/sci fi (think Lord of the Rings and shit like that) and I love stuff like Brad Thor and Vince Flynn who I guess would be considered political thrillers.

Richard K Morgan is my favorite "futurist" author. Netflix series "Altered Carbon" based on his FIRST novel. I have read all of his novels several times, as they are a refresh/reboot for me if I labor through a book feels like a waste of time.

Another great (fat) novel is Cryptonomicom (Neal Stephenson). That is historical fiction(esque) but generally just a romping novel. As an ex-Marine you can't not love Bobby Shaftoe!

The WORST.

I would think a back injury would make reading one of the easiest things to do. Lie down...read!
Oh I do read....but its all about cannabis! I need to stop reading so much about weed and get back to other reading!

Richard K Morgan is my favorite "futurist" author. Netflix series "Altered Carbon" based on his FIRST novel. I have read all of his novels several times, as they are a refresh/reboot for me if I labor through a book feels like a waste of time.

Another great (fat) novel is Cryptonomicom (Neal Stephenson). That is historical fiction(esque) but generally just a romping novel. As an ex-Marine you can't not love Bobby Shaftoe!

The WORST.
For fat novels, I read the Wheel of Time from Robert Jordan. I think the average book of his was about 900 pages or so. I think his smaller ones were like 700 pages. Damn him for dying before he finished his series.

The WORST.
Whoops I don't know why I thought he was named Neil GIbson... But yeah that book is great. It's great how it works into the actual history and how accurate a lot of the stuff about crypto is.

Oh I do read....but its all about cannabis! I need to stop reading so much about weed and get back to other reading!
I like it when you read about cannabis though. If I have a question, you always have the answers lol.

Thanks Van. I'm quite surprised because I didn't think I was MOTM material.
You don't need to have wicked plants or the nicest light to be nominated for MOTM. Those honours are for "plant or pic of the month"....roll with it buddy, we all think you're very worthy.

You don't need to have wicked plants or the nicest light to be nominated for MOTM. Those honours are for "plant or pic of the month"....roll with it buddy, we all think you're very worthy.
Thanks Guy, that means a lot to me.

Morning guys! Yesterday was resi change and nute bump up day. Went up to between 750 and 800 ppm. Didn’t see an instant difference on the JHA, but most of the non-Auto plants literally grew an inch over night. Good new pace to fill a scrog. Anyways. Here is the latest of my JH. I trimmed off the lowest set of branches, never going to produce much anyways, might as well redirect it to the more dominant part of the plant.

Hope the best to everyone here:)

JB

Morning guys! Yesterday was resi change and nute bump up day. Went up to between 750 and 800 ppm. Didn’t see an instant difference on the JHA, but most of the non-Auto plants literally grew an inch over night. Good new pace to fill a scrog. Anyways. Here is the latest of my JH. I trimmed off the lowest set of branches, never going to produce much anyways, might as well redirect it to the more dominant part of the plant.

Hope the best to everyone here:)

JB
Looks real good Jess.

Back
Top Bottom