Growing A Legend: An Auto Tribute To Jack Herer

That's a lovely NL. Looks like you may get you pound off it. You going to reveg it?
Hell no, I don't reveg. If I want it again, I take cuttings. I have a few cuttings from her. Going to incorporate her into Stank Genetics. Have a few crosses I am going to try with her. Ms Stank has one she is going to do as well.

Is anyone else at all close to harvesting their JHA? Or JHX for that matter?
Mine's getting orange pistils so I'm gonna start checking the trichomes soon.

I think it's got a little bit of a bug problem starting though, gonna hit it and the ATF with some spinosad tomorrow.

The ATF

Got the garden tilled up and seeds planted. Wait did I mention that? Anyway, I got 4 ATF (counting the one growing ), 4 DTF and 4 Bangi Haze. All selected for their high potency, fast flower times, but in the Bangi Haze's case, the resistance to powdery mildew and its affinity for colder temps, because I want to try to push that one longer. Did I mention this all already?

I also decided to start a little vegetable garden too. I figure what my gf doesn't eat, I'll feed to the worm bins. Which are also doing pretty well! I put a whole heap of food in there seems like 4 weeks ago, and it's almost all gone except for the carrots and egg shells. Lot more visible worms too.

I replaced the fuel lines on the little tiller today. It was stalling out when the tines were fully engulfed in dirt, getting bogged down, etc. I double-checked the lines, and they were so cracked, that it literally broke off in the tank as I was trying to pull it out to check the filter. I think the air filter is also a little restricted, because it doesn't get bogged out and die now, but after running a little while it sometimes won't start right up without adding throttle. The tale of the little tiller continues :p

Anyway, been a pretty productive week, now just crossing my fingers they sprout up in this stuff okay.

I'll feed to the worm bins. Which are also doing pretty well! I put a whole heap of food in there seems like 4 weeks ago, and it's almost all gone except for the carrots and egg shells. Lot more visible worms too.
Gotta cut up the carrots (and other chunky veg) and egg shells will always be there...good grit for the worms and aeration for the soil..plus they leech calcium over time.

Just wanted to post a follow up smoke report for you all with my Jack.

I took a tester nug the day we harvested and its had been hanging on a pipe cleaner dangling on my lap top monitor since I chopped her down. Decided to give her a try after aggravating my back outdoors. Ground it up and was overwhelmed with that incredibly intense pepper smell.

Now you all have heard me rant about how solid her nuggets are, well I am going to do it again. I ground up the same solid amount of the bud I usually do but somehow it magically produced far more 'fluff' than it should when I ground it up. In fact it wouldn't fit in the small bong bowl. Had to use the big one and it all barely fit in there. (Still boggles my mind with this plants buds....I fit 6 ounces into 3 big jars....usually I fit about an ounce per jar).

This plants smoke is very nicely flavored. Smoke expands nicely but isn't overpowering. Gives off musky and peppery flavors. I swear every time I smell or smoke this, I want a steak! Ok, ok....back on point. The smoke is very enjoyable to me and something I could enjoy smoking regularly (I don't generally like smoke...have always been a non smoker). I took two average sized hits and a very small third. This is generally about my testing amount for a strain and my general day time use amount.

The effect were relatively quick compared to most strains. And they kept coming for a good bit. I had to just smile at one point thinking "Damn she has got some pop to her!" Definitely one of the more potent if not the most potent strains for this point or any point in the harvest cycle (no real cure). The effects aren't as long lasting but I was kind of glad I didn't take a full 3rd rip off the bong. Music was really nice (Listening to Pink Floyd Station on Pandora) and was chilling out by the garden watching the trees sway. Very very nice chill strain. A bit potent at the dose level that I took to really be effective for having a productive day. Perhaps one hit and I might like working on it. But she's a bit strong at 2.5 for me to want to work.

Its an hour+ after and I still pretty good, but not as intense as the first 30 minutes. Pain disappeared from the back and the shoulders were nice and relaxed. No real increase in appetite so thats a plus. Overall a very enjoyable strain for afternoon use Wouldn't want to wake and bake with it if I needed to do anything. But a wonderful cocktail hour strain for sure! Anyways, heading back out to the garden! Enjoy all! Wish you all could share a few hits with me friends!

I took a tester nug the day we harvested and its had been hanging on a pipe cleaner dangling on my lap top monitor since I chopped her down. Decided to give her a try after aggravating my back outdoors. Ground it up and was overwhelmed with that incredibly intense pepper smell.

Now you all have heard me rant about how solid her nuggets are, well I am going to do it again. I ground up the same solid amount of the bud I usually do but somehow it magically produced far more 'fluff' than it should when I ground it up. In fact it wouldn't fit in the small bong bowl. Had to use the big one and it all barely fit in there. (Still boggles my mind with this plants buds....I fit 6 ounces into 3 big jars....usually I fit about an ounce per jar).

This plants smoke is very nicely flavored. Smoke expands nicely but isn't overpowering. Gives off musky and peppery flavors. I swear every time I smell or smoke this, I want a steak! Ok, ok....back on point. The smoke is very enjoyable to me and something I could enjoy smoking regularly (I don't generally like smoke...have always been a non smoker). I took two average sized hits and a very small third. This is generally about my testing amount for a strain and my general day time use amount.

The effect were relatively quick compared to most strains. And they kept coming for a good bit. I had to just smile at one point thinking "Damn she has got some pop to her!" Definitely one of the more potent if not the most potent strains for this point or any point in the harvest cycle (no real cure). The effects aren't as long lasting but I was kind of glad I didn't take a full 3rd rip off the bong. Music was really nice (Listening to Pink Floyd Station on Pandora) and was chilling out by the garden watching the trees sway. Very very nice chill strain. A bit potent at the dose level that I took to really be effective for having a productive day. Perhaps one hit and I might like working on it. But she's a bit strong at 2.5 for me to want to work.

Its an hour+ after and I still pretty good, but not as intense as the first 30 minutes. Pain disappeared from the back and the shoulders were nice and relaxed. No real increase in appetite so thats a plus. Overall a very enjoyable strain for afternoon use Wouldn't want to wake and bake with it if I needed to do anything. But a wonderful cocktail hour strain for sure! Anyways, heading back out to the garden! Enjoy all! Wish you all could share a few hits with me friends!
I plucked a bud today to test, so we shall see how my girl turns out

I still think she has a week or a month to go, ish, so we shall see

wauw a fascinating read ... it almost wanted me wanna go work in the garden....Almost ... :ganjamon:

wauw a fascinating read ... it almost wanted me wanna go work in the garden....Almost ... :ganjamon:
My garden is my sanctuary PT. I spend more of my day outside by it than I do inside. Now that may change when it gets hotter. I hate heat.

Hey guys and gals! Well the chop happened, the dry is done and now we cure in jars. This was a ton of fun, and I may not have produced a ton, but I did burn the main cola and topped for only 4 colas on purpose. Total dry weight is 44 grams, or just over an ounce and a half. It’s kinda funny pot honestly, it larfed out from the sunburn, and the bottoms wasted away from the weird seeds/stress effects, but all the flower is pretty solid and has a weird pepper/melon flavor. It’s not an overwhelming amount of smell, and no taste yet, but that’s what curing is for:)! Here are the photos:)

So that’s all I have, hope the rest of you keep the grow going, I’ll be right here watching. Headed to the Vault Auto grows next, got to the grow room cleaned and gonna run autos only this time, using less and very light nutes. That and an outdoor grow thing. Anyways, have a great day!

JB

That makes me eager to give mine a try.

Interesting to hear you say you are getting a bit of peppery smell to it Jesse. Thats all mine is....pure pepper. Every time I sniff it, I want a steak. Great smoke though at an early stage. Curious how the cob is going to turn out!

Interesting man, this PxM is the first time I got buds that didn't fit 2 ounces to a jar, and I considered them "fluffy" because of it. But I kind of like how easy they are to break up over those dense rocky nugglets.

I might go take a tester off mine today, but then again I just sprayed with spinosad and need to follow up in a day or two with more so I don't know. I should have probably snipped off a tester before spraying that lol

Interesting to hear you say you are getting a bit of peppery smell to it Jesse. Thats all mine is....pure pepper. Every time I sniff it, I want a steak. Great smoke though at an early stage. Curious how the cob is going to turn out!
how does a cob work again ...? its anaerobic fermentation or something ...

I don't know how it works honestly. You seal it in a vacuum sealed bag and heat it up to the range of 104-140 for roughly 24 hours (called the sweat). Open it, dry it off, reseal it in the vacuum seal and let it ferment for 7 days at 78-87 degrees. Once your fermentation stage is done, you open it let it dry for an hour or so and the reseal for the cure which is a month up to three months.

You can eat the cobs or smoke them. From those that have done it, the smoking of it is incredibly smooth and tasty. Effects stay similar to the strain in bud form but is supposedly so much cleaner and smoother to smoke. Now the fun supposedly begins when you decide to venture down the eating of the cob. You gotta be careful though, can turn into a hairy ride that is tough to get off if you aren't careful and eat too much. Seems like most people start with somewhere near .20 grams and work up from there in .05 increments until they find the dose side they like. If you are at all sensitive to cannabis, might even want to start lower just to be safe.

I will be opening one of mine this weekend to inspect (I am inspecting every 2 week as well as taking samples to find where I like the effects. I will kind of be journaling it....I hear that it can be kind of crazy and sometimes you want to write down what the feelings were like so you can keep track. I will start a specific thread on it when I start....will cover each strain and what the effects are like for me, how long the sessions last, etc. I will post the link here when I am ready to go. Not sure when I will take the first eaten sample.....lol....kind of want Ms Stank to be around when I do it just in case it gets a bit of a wild ride. But then I also like the idea of trying it alone too.

Interesting man, this PxM is the first time I got buds that didn't fit 2 ounces to a jar, and I considered them "fluffy" because of it. But I kind of like how easy they are to break up over those dense rocky nugglets.

I might go take a tester off mine today, but then again I just sprayed with spinosad and need to follow up in a day or two with more so I don't know. I should have probably snipped off a tester before spraying that lol
The less dense nugs are much easier to break up to smoke. My stankberry is too hard in my opinion. The jack might end up being like that as well.

But I definitely agree that the fluffy ones are much easier break up.

Back
Top Bottom