Growing at 9000' Rocky Mtns

davduggie13

(1)If I've got some plants that aren't ready for harvest when the snow flies, can I move indoors under 600 or 1000 watt light?

(2)What's the lowest consistent night temp, before I bring in? Day temps can get back up to 70-80.

(3)Indoors, what is max temp in grow room?

(4)Is there any difference in potency grown by a 600w vs 1000watt. Is time the only factor? How Much extra time for 600 vs 1000watt?

Thanks!
Happy Labor Day!

1. Yes, you can move the plants inside. Be sure the space you're moving the plants into have enough head room. 1000w light if you can keep it cool enough to run it.

2. Night temp is safe above 60F to prevent stress.

3. Night 60-75. Day 75-85. Max would be 90F, though some strain has high tolerant to heat while some stretch/changed phenotype, when it's above 90F.

4. Not sure on potency with 600w vs 1000w, but you get far more yield with the 1000w. They finish around the same time.

Happy Labor day to you too! Good luck!

blueskybsn said:
As for number two, you can get away with temps in the high 30's low 40's no problem. I live at 6500 feet in colorado and my plants for the last three years have finished outdoors mid october when it gets down to 35-40 overnight.

Same here! I'm at 5000 in the Sierra and have done well so far with outdoor flowering. As long as you don't get a frost or hard freeze you should be good.

It also helps to grow strains that are genetically predisposed to actually like cold nights. Purple Urkle, Grand Daddy Purple, Northern Lights and other NorCal/Oregon strains work best for cold climate outdoor grows! :thumb:

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Back
Top Bottom