growing by accident

callaghan

i have a strange question. i dont normally grow, i am more on the consumer end, if you know what i mean. but, i had picked out some seeds that i found in a bag and thought they looked nice. well, turns out i must have dropped some in a pot that has a cactus growing in it. and just yesterday these things sprouted. they are already about 3 to 4 inches tall and have one set of small leaves on them. my question is this. i dont have time to devote to growing indoors, or the space, and outdoor would be fine, but the cactus stays indoors all the time near a window. sooo...what would yous recommend i do with these two sprouts?

any help is greatly appreciated...:adore:

That's a hilarious story bro! Growing truly is a fun experience though, just consider it :) They wont grow themselves though, you'll need SOME time for them. How much land does your family own..if you have a few acres I would suggest putting them outside.

i have a whole acre in the back yard, but the dirt out there isnt all that great. i live in GA, usa, so it can get a little like clay. i do live alongside a drainage ditch, so disguising them wont be a problem. i am willing to put forth a little time, but my work keeps me pretty busy. im away from the house for about 12 hours a day. can you get some good mids from letting them grow outside w/ a little fert. and water? im not looking for some wonderful dank or anything, just a little suppliment to what i already smoke.

well my friend....dig a ditch...amend your soil and transplant the seeds....make sure you are very carefull as you are removin the spouts from the cactus plant...as if you remove any roots at such a young age they are highly likely to go into shock due to transplanting ot removing any roots so be very carefull and do not keep them out of dirt to long

callaghan, set it up right like they said and you won't have to do much of anything else for a while. if you mean a drainage ditch that normally holds water, you could damn well be on your way to the easiest thing you've ever done. I've grown outdoors for a few yrs now, and with a good start you don't really have to do shit til late summer when it gets dry (then make sure they're watered). you probably will do stuff though. growing pot is ADDICTIVE AS HELL!! you'll start reading forums, deciding to fertilize, might just wind up with a lot better weed than the baggie from whence it came :)

good luck and keep us posted. for the most part people on here are cool as hell and will help out as much as possible. peace!

mad props to yous that help out. its easy enough to grow "normal" plants (i have a small garden with a few tomatoe plants, carrots, cabbage, and some various veggies planted outside for the squirrels and deer...) so i dont anticipate many problems. i am shocked at how fast these things grow, i guess thats how its got the name "weed"...lol. well, i wont be dissapointed if nothing good comes from it, but i can hope. thanx!

i once grew a spindly 2.5 footer by accident in a pot with a ficas tree.
didnt even know it was there untill my momma pointed it out one day..

i had a LOT of plants just for my parakeets to sit in and smoked a bit of pot up there i suppose a seed got loose haha :smokin:

later my stepdad came and confiscated it and attempted to finish growing it, except it then just ended up dying :laughtwo:

well, i got them planted outside now, and even had two more pop up in my backyard that i wasnt expecting. i may have to move them to make them a little less obvious. ill post up some pics in a few days so you guys can see 'em. thanks again. :allgood:

I think there's a hole in your bag LOL

Personally I would start over with other seeds, if they are 3-4" already and only have their seedling leaves they are WAY stretched out. You could save them but its so early on I would just start over and do it right from the beginning. Thats just my prerogative.

i have a question...according to the national weather service...
".FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 8 AM EDT FRIDAY FOR THE AREA NORTH OF A LAGRANGE TO DOUGLASVILLE TO DAHLONEGA LINE... ...FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING FOR MUCH OF NORTH AND CENTRAL GEORGIA... ...FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING FOR MUCH OF NORTH AND CENTRAL GEORGIA..."

basically, since my plants are doing great now, do i have a chance in hell with three days of record lows and freezes, of saving my plants. i dont think i can bring them inside, because they are good and in the ground now. maybe a styrofoam cooler to cover them up at night? any suggestions to keep 'em alive?

you should cover them with something... plastic trash bags layered up or something to keep the frost out... or even the cooler seems like a good idea anything to keep the frost from biting your babies.

Back
Top Bottom