Growing Cannabis 101: Mint Chocolate OG, HSO, Organic Super-Soil, 25% Perlite, Gaja Green Organics, 3 Mars 300s &1 Mars 144, Equal Par Wall To Wall

DeanWest89

Intro:

Hey everyone, this is my first grow journal so bare with me here. I am going to try to be as diligent as possible with uploading updates and being as detailed as possible, while trying to answer any questions. If anyone has any advice they can give me feel free to tell me what’s on your mind or if you think I’m doing something wrong. I work very long hours and some days I don’t get to see my kids because of it , my family does come first . I am going to try my best to keep frequent updates. I have about 50 days of material to upload before we’re at the current stage.. I started using Cannabis at a young age, I was put on the highest legal dose of dextrine and back in thoes days it was essentially Methamphetamine. I had sever “ ADHD and ODD” and I just could not sit still in class, these meds made me stay up all night so they decided to put me on meds to slow my heart rate down enough I could fall asleep at night, which is completely insane but in the 90s that’s all they had. So after a year I had lost so much weight from not eating my dad decided enough was enough and he took me off the meds, I was 9 at the time. Not to long after that I was back to not sitting still and interruptingl the class. One day I was around some older kids and they were smoking marijuana, and I was pressured into trying it . I completely loved the feeling but was worried about going to class, when I got to class I was able to sit there concentrate do my work and not bother anyone else. I immediately told my dad about it and got punished for it . It took a couple years before I started to smoke regularly, by the time I was 12 I was kicked out of my house and I had to grow up real fast, I struggled in life I got taken advantage of , bullied and treated like shit by most people , I had only a few good friends. But my dad was my support system and he was my best friend. I am now 30 years old with 3 kids and an amazing wife. Last year my dad has a major stroke and soent 3 days in the hospital, they did not make him comfortable and I suffered. It was the longest 3 days of my life , I was left broken and I had lost my best friend but most importantly my dad . He was 59 when he died not a week before his birthday. A year before he died we were talking and he said why don’t you grow you own medicine and it hit me , why haven’t I ?? So I started my first grow, with the help of my dad. My dad quit smoking years ago but he was just fascinated with the plant. 2 months before harvest he died and this was a game changer for me. I became depressed angry at the world. I didn’t want to get up in the morning, this was very hard on my wife and kids and I am so thankful she stuck by my side, she picked me up broken inside, and didn’t give up until I could smoke again After countless doctor appointments and medications and time. I finally wasn’t so angry in life, I find growing to be very therapeutic and relaxing. It had become very sentimental to me because of the time I spent with my dad doing it. This is my first grow log and I just wanted to start off with telling you guys about myself and why I’m here .stay tuned there’s a lot material coming ,
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to learn a lot from you all and maybe you can learn something from me . I am very happy to be apart of the 420 mag family .

Sounds like it was a bumpy road that got you to where you are,we're glad you ended up here!

My wife has stuck with me through some rough $hit,too-that was awhile back,but now we've been together for 44 years...She actually saved my life-Without her I'd of drank myself to death 20 years ago-Her and the kids (5 of 'em) gave me a reason to step back from the brink.

I'll be following along on your journal,I think that you'll find that updating it is something you'll come to look forward to-I just did my first one,and it's cool-and everyone here is interested in the same thing-growing our favorite plant the best way we can,and having a little fun along the way...
I'll be seeing you around the forum!

One more thing,Dean..You should add a link to your journal to your
signature,It makes it a helluva lot easier to find-there's a lot of journals out there....

Check this out,it'll tell you how to do the link thing,and a lot of other cool stuff here on the site:

@carcass thank you for sharing a little about yourself , our struggles made us who we are today , and your right we are all here growing what we love , we all have a common interest. I am so glad there is a mature site out there for decent people to share what there doing without being ridiculed, I was very reluctant to share but I met a good guy @Kingjoe83 who turned me into this site. He has helped me tremendously getting started . I am blown away be everyone’s generosity. I will look into adding it to my signature , I appreciate the advice

Intro:

Hey everyone, this is my first grow journal so bare with me here. I am going to try to be as diligent as possible with uploading updates and being as detailed as possible, while trying to answer any questions. If anyone has any advice they can give me feel free to tell me what’s on your mind or if you think I’m doing something wrong. I work very long hours and some days I don’t get to see my kids because of it , my family does come first . I am going to try my best to keep frequent updates. I have about 50 days of material to upload before we’re at the current stage.. I started using Cannabis at a young age, I was put on the highest legal dose of dextrine and back in thoes days it was essentially Methamphetamine. I had sever “ ADHD and ODD” and I just could not sit still in class, these meds made me stay up all night so they decided to put me on meds to slow my heart rate down enough I could fall asleep at night, which is completely insane but in the 90s that’s all they had. So after a year I had lost so much weight from not eating my dad decided enough was enough and he took me off the meds, I was 9 at the time. Not to long after that I was back to not sitting still and interruptingl the class. One day I was around some older kids and they were smoking marijuana, and I was pressured into trying it . I completely loved the feeling but was worried about going to class, when I got to class I was able to sit there concentrate do my work and not bother anyone else. I immediately told my dad about it and got punished for it . It took a couple years before I started to smoke regularly, by the time I was 12 I was kicked out of my house and I had to grow up real fast, I struggled in life I got taken advantage of , bullied and treated like shit by most people , I had only a few good friends. But my dad was my support system and he was my best friend. I am now 30 years old with 3 kids and an amazing wife. Last year my dad has a major stroke and soent 3 days in the hospital, they did not make him comfortable and I suffered. It was the longest 3 days of my life , I was left broken and I had lost my best friend but most importantly my dad . He was 59 when he died not a week before his birthday. A year before he died we were talking and he said why don’t you grow you own medicine and it hit me , why haven’t I ?? So I started my first grow, with the help of my dad. My dad quit smoking years ago but he was just fascinated with the plant. 2 months before harvest he died and this was a game changer for me. I became depressed angry at the world. I didn’t want to get up in the morning, this was very hard on my wife and kids and I am so thankful she stuck by my side, she picked me up broken inside, and didn’t give up until I could smoke again After countless doctor appointments and medications and time. I finally wasn’t so angry in life, I find growing to be very therapeutic and relaxing. It had become very sentimental to me because of the time I spent with my dad doing it. This is my first grow log and I just wanted to start off with telling you guys about myself and why I’m here .stay tuned there’s a lot material coming ,
Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to learn a lot from you all and maybe you can learn something from me . I am very happy to be apart of the 420 mag family .
Off to a great start!!

Thank you for sharing your story with us .

Let’s try to make the next 20 plus years your dad would be proud of.

First of he already would be proud of you from I’ve got to hear since meeting you.

As teens were truly kinda dumb and people do dumb things not really knowing the consequences it can do or carry on one.

Alright let see your green thumb skills !!:420::passitleft:

Hey life happens family first. 100%

Share when you can and use me well
Im Here is my attitude .

This is natural spirits current journal

He grew that chocolate mint og

Subbed for the ride. Welcome to 420 mag.✌
Nice ghost here is just switching from
Coco to dwc and killing it.

When you start up ghost tag me bro

@Kingjoe83 thanks for all your positive input , you really boosted my confidence enough to actually start this and I am glad you did. I am relatively new to growing indoors and especially documenting them in a public manner, I’ve learned a lot from reading your material,I look forward to the years of friendship we will have together. :passitleft:
Good thing about documenting is you can fall back and go oops okay next time try this or maybe I shouldn’t have done that or done this .

Plus other good things come
From journaling .

Nice ghost here is just switching from
Coco to dwc and killing it.

When you start up ghost tag me bro
Yea for sure King, I will be doing a sponsored journal for Dr. Seeds in 3 or 4 more weeks. I got some autos finishing up right now but soon as they finish I’m gonna start the Do Si Dos from dr. Seeds. I will tag you once I get started. I was suppose to do gorilla glue #4 also but they didn’t send them so I guess it will be just on the Do Si Dos but I will have a couple more strains going in with them, you know me I like to have a few different strains to choose from at all times lol.✌️

Yea for sure King, I will be doing a sponsored journal for Dr. Seeds in 3 or 4 more weeks. I got some autos finishing up right now but soon as they finish I’m gonna start the Do Si Dos from dr. Seeds. I will tag you once I get started. I was suppose to do gorilla glue #4 also but they didn’t send them so I guess it will be just on the Do Si Dos but I will have a couple more strains going in with them, you know me I like to have a few different strains to choose from at all times lol.✌
Yes

What you running for culture ?

Dwc , coco rdwc flood and drain ebb and flow ??

Yes

What you running for culture ?

Dwc , coco rdwc flood and drain ebb and flow ??
I got 4 of my autos in 5 gallon coco and 1 in dwc. It’s hard to leave coco completely, it’s like my security blanket lol. This next run will more than likely be all dwc though.✌️

I am relatively new to growing indoors
That makes two of us-only about 3 months into indoor myself,so I've still got plenty of mistakes to make.
I do know that I like it a lot,and I haven't killed any plants yet,so I'm bumbling along pretty well...so far
**edit** I did kill one yesterday,but it was on purpose...harvest time

I got 4 of my autos in 5 gallon coco and 1 in dwc. It’s hard to leave coco completely, it’s like my security blanket lol. This next run will more than likely be all dwc though.✌
Nice buddy

Can’t wait to see what you can do now

Back
Top Bottom