Growing Cannabis 101: Mint Chocolate OG, HSO, Organic Super-Soil, 25% Perlite, Gaja Green Organics, 3 Mars 300s &1 Mars 144, Equal Par Wall To Wall

I will have to switch the temp readers I don’t know the conversion off the top of my head bro, but I will get back at you when I get home tonight
It's no big deal I can google it bro

Just ordered platinum blueberry and toe grams for shatter white fire og and ghost shatter

I use farenhieght what is that for F not C lol. I like flower 77f ish veg 80-82f rh veg 80% ish flower start 65% work down slowly every week if possible or two depending on flower times ?
27 celsius is 80 f that so good for veg early flower

Thanks joe , what should I have the environment set to for mid to end flower ?? @Kingjoe83

If indica I would last few weeks aim for 35-40% and try to lower the temps a bit more too of you can .

Help boost natural colours and trichromes. I didn't find the two days of dark period was worth it.

:welcome:

Hey everyone , it’s been a very busy week for me , and I haven’t had any time for myself , I am up at 330am and I don’t get back till about 8pm, I have 3 kids and a wonderful wife , there just isn’t enough time in one day for me . I haven’t been able to take any pics this week nor have I had time to manage the new growth , the only thing I’ve been able to do is water the plants and I have been slacking at that , my 2 plants are in 1 gal smart pots so they need water daily at this point as well as my big girl , she’s a thirsty girl . Anyway I haven’t abandoned this , I just haven’t had the time to update. So this weekend will be a big update , thanks for being patient and being there for when I need you all. I really appreciate all of you. To all the guys and gals who have a full time job and kids and still manage to have frequent updates, I salute you .
Thanks you have a nice day and happy growing

Hear ya bro

Life is nuts another 60-70 hr here in 6 days . And you have kids nuts bro

Hats off fella. Hope Friday treats ya right .

Hear ya bro

Life is nuts another 60-70 hr here in 6 days . And you have kids nuts bro

Hats off fella. Hope Friday treats ya right .
You know joe I’ve done the work 70 hrs a week thing when I didn’t have kids and it ruined my first marriage, now I have a wonderful wife and mother to my 2 children , 1 with my ex wife. I am notgetting home tile 8-9 pm sometimes later and I am almost at the point where I am going to quit, money is not my first priority at this point I don’t see my kids all week because I’m home so late , and I work 6 days a week . So I am on the fence of quitting and going to find a local job for a less pay , just so I can see my kids everyday. I would rather see my kids every night and have less pay then to be home late with more pay

Can't argue there bud

I just got my green house up and going now . Wife knows I am doing four plants legal rights here .

One hoping tomorrow she pops through soil. The Moby dick xxl you hooked me up with.

Seedsman on route for three others this year .

Let's see what happens I am getting nervous about the seed I drop hope she pops up soon and shows it self please weed lordz lol

Oh off all weekend pics coming in my journal

Hey everyone , so update didn’t happen this weekend , I was so busy I didn’t even water my plants , I ended up doing it this morning at 330 am. But tonight I am going to get in there and get some pics , we are about a week into flower here.

This morning you could tell everything is stretching , it’s abour 4” above the scrog net right now .

Bad news is , my mars 144 reflector is burning out, one of the fans are not working. So I am going to have to finish my grow without it until I can afford to fix it I am completely maxed out on my budget for this grow, so it’s gonna be a while before I get it up and running , unless mars hydro offers me a replacement for free , but nothing is ever free, and I always get the worst luck dealing with company’s. But for now 3 mars 300’s it is .

I hope you all had a good weekend and thanks for spending the time to follow my roller coaster of a grow ‍♂️

Hey everyone , so update didn’t happen this weekend , I was so busy I didn’t even water my plants , I ended up doing it this morning at 330 am. But tonight I am going to get in there and get some pics , we are about a week into flower here.

This morning you could tell everything is stretching , it’s abour 4” above the scrog net right now .

Bad news is , my mars 144 reflector is burning out, one of the fans are not working. So I am going to have to finish my grow without it until I can afford to fix it I am completely maxed out on my budget for this grow, so it’s gonna be a while before I get it up and running , unless mars hydro offers me a replacement for free , but nothing is ever free, and I always get the worst luck dealing with company’s. But for now 3 mars 300’s it is .

I hope you all had a good weekend and thanks for spending the time to follow my roller coaster of a grow ‍♂
Hi Dean, if the fan also not working, it should be the power supply problem. You can send the email to: solutions@mars-hydro.com and send the light picture with light on and off to Kelly. If it is the power supply problem, we will ship the power supply to you in case you don't have to return the light back and your plants won't lose more light. If it is other problem, we will also help you proceed, and will ensure everything solved very soon. :Namaste:

Thanks everyone for your support about the light, I did get it working so only had 7 days down ( was too busy during the week) so I had my 3 mars 300s holding it down , last night I got into the tent and hung the mars 144 again but I switched the layout of the lights now no buttons will get pushed by accident , instead of 2 mars 300 and 1 mars 144 I now have 3 mars 300’s and 1 mars 144 , temps are at about 27-28 when lights are on and 18 when lights are off , gotta love ac baby. Later on today I will post an extensive update to keep all you fine people updated on the grow, but we are well into seeing bud formation , it’s safe to say the tent is filled wall to wall now

O6/26/19

:welcome:

hey everyone it’s been a long 2 weeks for me , working lots of hours and getting very little time for my family , so my grow was neglected in the worst way. As some of you may know my mars hydro 144 reflector stopped working, due to my own error in planning the layout for the lights , one of my smaller lights hit the button while I was closing my tent and shut off the growth switch which made all the fans shut off , I think it was like this for a few days before I noticed a problem , I took the light down messed around and got it working again Thank goodness . So I’m the meantime I had 3 mars 300’s holding it down on 12/12 light schedule. I didn’t take time to keep tucking during the stretch but she didn’t stretch much at all and I think it’s all done stretching her legs. Last night on 06/26/19 Wednesday I got into the tent and took the lights out and re planned everything , my fans and my lights , I also added a bigger fan on the floor to blow cool air up into the plants canopy. I am very sorry for not having the time to update you guys and I am trying my best , with 3 kids , and working 14 hr days doesn’t leave me much time for anyone, the time I do get is spent with my kids , after all they come first. Enough of the talk let’s get into this weeks update.:thumb::cheer:

TENT UPDATE- After having a little hick-up things are back on track , I move the 3 mars 300’s to the back side of the tent , that’s right 3 now instead of 2. I want 100% par wall to wall and this was the best way to achieve this, I put my mars 144 reflector in the front and taped the buttons so they cannot get shut off this time if something hits it . I moved 2 fans onto the canopy to keep things circulating , I have one fan top side of the lights to keep air moving past them to the carbon filter , and I added a fan in front of the intake air vent to push the cold air right into the canopy to eliminate hot spots , the lights are set @ 12” above the canopy

GROW UPDATE- I explained a lot in the above paragraph so I won’t bore you. Here are the pics petite I switched everything, and the process of starting to move everything .

It’s been a long time since I added some pics so we missed all the stretch pics due to not having time to do anything . So we’re right into budding pics ,

I just quickly set the 3rd light up to keep everything going
871079E3-DF8C-41D5-9620-12B5E6353ABC.jpeg

Here’s is a shot of a plant I maintained during stretch , I think she did okay giving the lack of maintenance done
434E6A14-9BD6-4AF7-AC59-ADE6D62706B5.jpeg

She is giving off a nice smell I was surprised to see buds starting on this plant
955EC8B6-0C53-42A4-A843-2C8DAAD5C6E9.jpeg

Pistols baby :)
8BCA92C8-88BD-4083-9A38-34339559360F.jpeg

I am so excited to see this , after 102 days of veg it’s been a long time coming
3D9AA69C-99C0-43F7-9506-1A3C755EB237.jpeg

She’s filling the tent nicely :)
C11DC759-C8CD-4E3B-A7E2-2AD5442537E4.jpeg

I re arranged the lights to the back and I put a long twist tie in to hold them all in plant to ha e equip spacing without them spinning , cause they always spin. This is my ocd taking over
F1AF02CF-D624-4280-B3DA-538333807B1F.jpeg

I closed the tent just to see what temps would be with the 3 lights this is canopy level
4624B55F-7A7F-4E21-8AC4-34720E6621DB.jpeg

This is the floor temp
E41A6970-B842-44A7-9F3A-BF6CAA5E2F6B.jpeg

I finally got the mars 144 back into place, it feels a little overkill on the lights but if I can maintain the temps and get equal par wall to wall , I am gonna have buds just as good against the walls as I will under the light . That’s the one thing I learned with my HID grow is my plants close to the lights dude really well and the outlets were airy and fluffy , not what I’m after.
87910705-AAB0-4CD2-96E9-0B09CC5AA896.jpeg

This is all I can add photo wise so this is a to be continued so please STAY TUNED

06/26/19

Continuation of last update- hey thanks for coming back , long time no see haha . So everything is the same update just didn’t have enough room on the previous post. After a lot of trial and error I got my hangers figured out for the lights , this tent only has 3 top bars and I have 4 lights 1 in-line fan and a carbon filter so I have to get very creative , but everything is safe , and will not move. I should post a pic of the mess uptop for you all to see, anyway let’s dive in shall we

I finally got the light figured out and I am very happy with the light spread , it is almost the same par wall to wall which I am very happy with , but I did go WAY over budget on this grow, I was kicking myself at the time but I am very happy I have everything I do have.

Again I have major ocd when it comes to my grow and I like everything to be symmetrical and organized.
C0C757B4-0195-43EF-8D55-BB840CCEFAA6.jpeg

This are looking great and I am very happy , I just hope I can keep the temps down with all these lights
42D8F3D5-0787-4A66-9B3A-3B4CB1AA566D.jpeg

I was just in awe to see how big she is now , I found myself standing there just staring at her for a good half hour
FDC6BAFA-5A87-4550-BC33-EFDC30F5A2EF.jpeg

I shut the door on the tent to see where the temps would go , I came back after a half hour and was happy to see it at 24, but she ended up going up to 27 which is a little higher then I’d like but it’s the best I can do at the moment , I may run duct from a vent pushing out ac but I am on the fence , what do you guys think is 27 too hot for this indica dom strain ?? When the lights are off it goes down to 17-19 which is nice , I figure it will bring some nice colours out

778A3855-A54F-47FE-8A69-32F40D02E184.jpeg

This is on top of my lights , I do have a fan blowing air around at the height , but I figure it could be 35-40 up here as long as my canopy is at a good temp and my root zone I am still in the clear . What do you guys think ?? I know it’s not ideal for the lights but it’s the best I can do right now

A981896B-59A2-4238-A40C-2F53C4A0956C.jpeg

Last. temp pic is my root zone temp, it doesn’t get any hotter then this down here, she seems to be happy but the next few days will be the real judge of that.
D2549334-45FF-487D-8F87-AD68EC8CD134.jpeg

I added a 4th fan to the floor in front of the air intake , which is in the opposite side of my carbon filter , so there is constant fresh air and co2 being brought to the plant
67E3437A-AD44-4D7F-86E5-632DC051D776.jpeg

Just another shot of the tent and her contents

260F5F2D-951D-46B2-ADC2-E5C3FA5DB36F.jpeg

I decided to be creative and take a photo looking up at my grow lights from the underside of the SCROG

C94D96B7-3028-4B07-98A2-ABF925094407.jpeg

So a lot has changed and I honestly hope this is the last change I have to do to my tent configuration before I finish flower , it is safe to say my grow will be on Cruze control for the next 5-6 weeks , I hope I can dedicate more time to taking photos daily , I am going to pick one bud site and I want to take a pic every day until harvest just to see the progress day to day .

C2A30758-10D4-4F13-8853-6BB11F16A5A9.jpeg

:yahoo:
Thank you everyone for following me and helping along the way , I owe this progress to you guys. I really appreciate the time and effort you’ve all put into helping me Day by day , I want to thank mars hydro for prompt responses when I needed help with my wonderful lights , I want to thanks @Teddy Edwards for helping me with my journal , there is also a member here who has restored my faith inhumanity , he has pushed me to be a better grower and helped me start documenting and journaling my grows , also the amount of stuff he has givin me , I was supposed to buy it and just knowing my situation he just gave it all to me , it chocked me up. Thank you @Kingjoe83 your a real solid cat and an awesome friend. Just a few others off the top of my head @carcass @Pennywise @Lowrider72 @Emilya @SmokeSara and I know I missed a few of you but I am so thankful for all of your help and knowledge some of you are legends in this community and your help is greatly appreciated :thanks: :adore:

I hope you all have a great day , and until next time happy growing everyone :morenutes:

Looking good in there,Dean-nothing wrong with being organized and symmetrical in there-
in fact,in my house-the inside of the grow box is the cleanest,most organized area in the whole place...but I don't really have enough room to make a mess in there...
That's a hell of a nice plant/tree you've got going in there-with all that light her buds are gonna get huge!

Back
Top Bottom